Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which country in Africa has the best team and why?

I would go for Ivory Coast (although Nigeria has the most stars). They combine a brillant attack with a solid defense and above all they don't have that arrogance that makes the Nigerian team so vulnerable (WC '94 against Italy and '98 against Denmark)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Add also Morocco and Cameroon to that list. It has hard to rate them to each other for me though.

Nigeria may have the best individual players (although don't underrestimate the players from the other countries) they aren't that good 'team' always..

D

·
0 Posts
South Africa has one of the best teams in Africa, but as we saw, when it comes to the World Cup, they are still a minnow compared to France, but they became world champions.

Morocco also has a brilliant team, they have very good finesse and players such as Hadda possess a ton of skill.

R

·
0 Posts
Cameroon are really great , then I will go for Morrocco . Nigeria is good on individual basis but as team work they are not that good, they remind me of Yoguslavia.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
I go for Morocco, they have some fantastic players and are beginning to break through into first team action in the EPL (Hadji, Chippo, Kachloul and El Khaledj) they were unfortunate during the last WC, as Brazil decided to play rubbish against Norway, and so Morocco were eliminated even though they destroyed Scotland!

But South Africa, Cameroon and Nigeria are great as well!

L

·
0 Posts
My choice is Ghana.
Overall there very good.
there much like Portugal when they want to win they will, but if u give them a bit of confidence they'll screw it up.

Viva Kwami Ayew !
Viva Sporting !

·
Registered
859 Posts
Well i would say at the moment Cameroon is on fire, they just need to finish better. Nigeria, they just have a lot of problems but if they were co-ordinated much more, they would be the best

1 - 8 of 8 Posts