Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think it should be as follows:

ambrosini----pirlo-----gattuso

this way you have pirlo orchestrating things with help from ambro and you have rino and ambro as the muscle. ambro doesnt get the credit gattuso does for his workrate but hes all over the place. hes cleared the ball off the goalline more than once this season. he runs his ass off and battles just as hard as gattuso.

this way, it allows pirlo more room to work and provide that essential link to kaka and ruicosta. the wing work could come from runs by the fullbacks. ambro just isnt getting a fair shake and now theres the horrible rumour that hell leave for solari. nothing against solari but i dont want to see ambro leave.

opinions?

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'm all for moving Pirlo back upfield, leaving Rino, Ambro, and Seedorf as the three. I want Pirlo/RC in the hole, with Kaka dropping off Shevchenko up front.

Maybe not the best, but it'd work I think.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well normally we play to win, to score paratroopa. now and then we may play for a draw but not often so take it into that context.

sounds like a good idea rino. i also want to pirlo to be pushed up again but ive lost hope that itll happen. id get rid of seedorf though, or at least i wouldnt be starting him.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'd keep Seedorf in, because when he's good, he can cause all sorts of trouble. The fact that he can go anywhere across the midfield also helps, he can switch sides at times to confuse the opposition.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
We get boring and predictable with both Ambro and Gattuso, we lose a lot of our offensive capabilities. It may work well against Real Madrid, but against all teams that are more defensive than us (pretty much everyone else) it will only be bad for us. Especially Gattuso seem to suffer when paired with Ambro as his main strenghts is not as needed. It also forces our playmaker/strikers of the day to perform way over their level as they will have less space and more burden to do something on their own.

i would put another player instead of Ambro, altough we could have instead of Gattuso too... But Gattuso play his best as the only true ballwinner (Just watch the national team or Milan before last season) and is first choice IMO. The question is who would be best to use with Pirlo and Gattuso. Seedorf in form is a world best, but when not in form he is painfull to watch at times. Serginho is a bit lazy and usually not as offensive as I want him, but still on of our best assisters, especially with crosses. Kaka lose the ball to often to have deeper in the field. In the end I think we do well to alternate between Seringho and Seedorf, but have plenty of players in mind to buy for that position. ;) In the end I would even prefer Redondo before Ambro if we meet a team that isn't of the same quality as us.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Luigi Vampa said:
i think it should be as follows:

ambrosini----pirlo-----gattuso

this way you have pirlo orchestrating things with help from ambro and you have rino and ambro as the muscle. ambro doesnt get the credit gattuso does for his workrate but hes all over the place. hes cleared the ball off the goalline more than once this season. he runs his ass off and battles just as hard as gattuso.

this way, it allows pirlo more room to work and provide that essential link to kaka and ruicosta. the wing work could come from runs by the fullbacks. ambro just isnt getting a fair shake and now theres the horrible rumour that hell leave for solari. nothing against solari but i dont want to see ambro leave.

opinions?
You speak for me, man!:)

Just wondering how suddenly in the mind of some fans Ambro is not good engouh any more? Remember that he won us the last Serie a title.........IMHO, he is one of the few who is powerful in the air with his header in current milan team, and his defensive capability can release Pirlo in attacking and moving forward, which shall give us options in front. Besides, he has Milan in his heart. Maybe this does not worth anything any more?

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Forgot to mention that his header assisted Pippo/JDT's goal against Ajax at last season's CL, which let us through the 1/4 final, and his goal against Roma last Wednesday, which gave us the home win! Not to say his defensive covering the injured RJ at the CL final.....

Oh yeah, he is not creatitve enough....but I yet to see some other our very creative middle field players to score in the movement, not penalty or corner this season.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Ambro is great, he is just unfortunate to be in this situation.

Playing him, Gattuso and Pirlo would lose creativity for us, as opposed to having Seedorf/Serginho/Kaka` alongside Gattuso and Pirlo, so i don't think we would be able to do that. The team is fine just the way it is, the only problem is that I feel bad for Ambro because he deserves a start, but it would unsettle the team.

·
Banned
2,221 Posts
well normally we play to win, to score paratroopa. now and then we may play for a draw but not often so take it into that context.
This is just a useless, time consuming exercise.

The game is not that simple.Some of you are just better off cheering. Leave the analysis to those that actually understand tactical deployment. After all, CM4 is just a game.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i guess you wouldve had to watch us play in the past season and a half to know that we dont change our tactics all that often. it really is that simple.

shev, if we stick to kaka and rui supporting sheva for the time being then we have enough creativity. seedorf usually does little and serginho is better off the bench. lets not forget that ambro isnt one dimensional like gattuso, he can distribute the ball. with this formation we still have 3 creative players which is pretty good.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
-----------------------Dida--------------------
--Kaladze----Maldini-----Nesta----Cafu--
-------------Ambro---Pirlo----Gattuso------
-----------------Rui-----------------------------
-------------------------------Kaka------------
----------------------Sheva--------------------

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Great thread by the new FM, Luigi. :)

The current one seems good. Besides, we have a lot of players that can adjust to other roles.
It's almost like everyone can play in each other's positions.
It highly depends on how the rest of the squad is set (ex: wingbacks as Paratroopa said).

So we really can't say that we get too defensive with Ambro there, as for example we could be playing Serginho and Cafú as fullbacks, Kaká and Rui, + Sheva upfront and Ambrosini running forward to get headers...
That doesn't look that defensive does it?

......However :D ,there is and always will be a basic three midfielders that will play more often than the others, and always play the important games. For a while now, that midfield is:

Gattuso----Pirlo----
------------------------Seedorf

And it's a great one.

1) It hurts watching Ambro as a sub for that long though, but he should be the obvious first option to replace any of those three at almost any time.
That should guarrantee pretty much a game (or at least part of it) per week for him.

2) The weakest part of the midfield this season, I think we should all agree here, has been Seedorf.
However, we know he's great.
We shouldn't get rid of him, but we should get an additional choice for the mixed midfielder role.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Luigi Vampa said:
lets not forget that ambro isnt one dimensional like gattuso, he can distribute the ball. with this formation we still have 3 creative players which is pretty good.
"Distribute the ball" is long from being creativeor giving much of an offensive contribution. When you say "still have 3 creative players", do you count Ambro? He is dangerous with headers and that is about the only offensive contribution he can deliver.

The Brescia match was an perfect example, with Kaka, Rui and Sheva up front we got stuck in the middle and not only was Kaka and Rui always in the middle, Sheva was to alone. With one more attack we would only have one playmaker that had to do everything... In the end almost all our dangerous play came from Cafu and Pancaro (talking about crosses and dangerous passes, not Pancaros goal) and they in turn got pretty much al their balls from Pirlo.

Ambro had a good game, better than Gattuso, but he was in no way any danger for Brescia. This season I seen more offensive contributions from Gattuso (I know he played more) than from Ambro, in Gattuso case it is much because he is fast.

·
Registered
10,087 Posts
I think for once that Gattuso is a certain starter and second, Ambro and Seedorf can rotate, depending on form and the specific tactical consideration.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Really? Why not?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts