Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Berti Vogts wants Scotland to arrange a friendly against quality opposition - and has England in his sights.

Vogts is determined to field his new-look Scotland side against strong opponents as he heads towards the Euro 2004 qualifying campaign.

He is also looking at the possibility of games against Argentina and Brazil as he assesses his best side for the opening qualifier in the Faroe Islands on September 7.

But Vogts admits his more immediate aim is fixing up a date against the Auld Enemy.

"I'm looking for strong teams for matches, maybe we can play a friendly against England and we are looking at Italy," said Vogts.

"We have to go to South America and we have to play the best teams in the world, the Brazilians maybe or the Argentinians.

"We have to talk to the managers and the clubs and that will help the clubs in Scotland and it will help the national team."

Vogts has flown to the Uefa Congress in Stockholm as part of the of the joint Euro 2008 bid team from Scotland and Ireland which also includes First Minister Jack McConnell.

And the German even took time to take a light-hearted side-swipe at other competing bids which include a joint Austria-Switzerland bid and a four-way Scandinavian bid including Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland.

"I'm so happy I can help football and I'm sure that we have the best supporters in the world with their passion for the game," said Vogts.

"Also we have the biggest stadium and I'm sure footballing fans will want to come to a footballing nation, not a skiing nation."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd love to see a England V Scotland friendly i would predict a 3-0 4-0 win to England because scotland are really that BAD :cool:

·
Registered
775 Posts
I hate Berti! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
He Coach Kuwait For lil He was AWFUL!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Berti Vogts wants Scotland to arrange a friendly against quality opposition - and has England in his sights.

Maybe he should be looking to play 3rd division teams or even wales!!
:D :D

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
at last! an opportunity to thrash the gingers and the krauts in the same match. let's take him up on this fantastic offer.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
I suppose its good for him as the players are already here in this country and dont have to be flown all over the place.

Excellent opportunity to spank the Jocks.

Maybe a spot of crowd trouble too.... unless we keep NOLU under lock and key ;)

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If we keep all the hooligan scot fans away from our peaceful fans they should be safe ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts