Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been a lot of critisisim on Vogts from the media and fans since Scotland were thrashed by Wales last week, many claiming he should be sacked. There have been calls for Gordon Strachan to take over, which I would be surprised if he does, with him leaving Soton in-order to gain a brak from football. If you think he should leave - then who would you like to see take over?

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
As if anyone else could do any better with what we have. Which is potentially good players, plus some experienced "OK" players like Dailly. And then our goalies, either Sullivan or Douglas? God help us.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cam said:
As if anyone else could do any better with what we have. Which is potentially good players, plus some experienced "OK" players like Dailly. And then our goalies, either Sullivan or Douglas? God help us.
One of the reasons why I don't think he should be sacked, I even read calls from a local journalist for Walter Smith to take charge :yuck:

·
Registered
161 Posts
In my opinion Berti should go now.His time is up and the embarrasing results far out weigh the good.
He has laid the foundations for some good youths to come in but its the end of the road ithink.
He doesnt command the respect of some players as he should.I have heard stories from a friend of mine who has played under Berti about all sorts of dressing room confusion involving tactics and what actual role some players should be playing.

We need a Scotsman with a fiery temper to really get the nation going again.Somebody in the Gordon Strachan mould is perfect.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
when he arrived at first i would have said give him a chance until after the world cup 2006 qualification - i didn't expect us to qualify for euro 2004, and i didn't think we would be beating everyone in sight and be playing great football just now.

however i expected there to be a bit of progression over that time. the players might be the poorest scotland have had for generations, but are they any worse than what wales had playing a week ago (minus giggs)?

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
We are all agreed that the talent pool is the poorest in living memory, but at least if we had 11 guys battling for the jerseys for 90 minutes it would be a start.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yeah there seems to be no team spirit.Iv noticed the difference when either Dailly or Elvis takes control on the pitch but we really need a manager who can really get the players motivated and up for a fight.
I always thought from the beginning that Berti wasnt the man for the job but i was prepared for him to prove me wrong but i dont think i have been.
We have taken a step back since Brown left without a doubt.
Fair enough Faddy,Fletcher and Pearson have all come into the squad but any idiot could have selected them cause everyone knows how big a talent they are.
We need a guy in charge who has had experience at what it means to pull on a Scotland shirt.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
bonhof might do a better job, he's been relatively successful with the under 21s and the couple of times i've seen them on tv they have at least shown a good team spirit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts