Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
remember these players they had so much promise and potential when they were younger,Do any of you guys have any info or opinions on these 3 please.

·
Registered
46,395 Posts
Iacopino is still with us, he is indeed a useless man but he signed a long term contract with the old management and noboby is interested in him so the new management is forced to keep (and pay) him.
Carparelli was discharged by Sampdoria and after playing for various clubs in the end joined Genoa where he became an idol of the supporters for his anti-Sampdoria feelings, Merdarelli for the supporters of Sampdoria. He left Genoa for Empoli, Siena and I don't know who else but now he is back with them. Useless.
Bertarelli was never the same after the bad injury which kept him out for quite 2 years, he even risked the amputation of a leg (!!). He finally came back to football but I don't know where he is now. I think he has retired.

·
Registered
823 Posts
In fairness, carparelli was quite good at samp, as were Bellucci and Ampruso when they first broke in to the team....but they both got treated rather badly by the management (you know, got offered ridiculous contracts that probably would have insulted a mediocre primavera player) and left

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Sorry to change the subject slighly, but the fact that Iacopino was the last young home-grown player to ever have been considered any good and play for us (Stendardo also may have played once or twice for us before leaving actually, but I don't think anyone had particularly high hopes for him!), and that all he's managed since is the odd season on loan to serie B and C1 clubs (Lucchese last year) and now just sit out his contract shows just how bad our youth system is.

I really hope Invernizzi and Lombardo (coaches of Primavera and Allievi respectively) manage to do something about it, it'd be great to have someone break through the ranks and actually be good!

Despite the number of Primavera on the subs bench in recent games, I'm not too confident this will happen in the near future: the last couple of prospects are probably Job (who's ok, currently on loan with Pescara in serie B, but don't think he's setting the league on fire..) and Virdis (currently at Montevarchi in serie C2, scored 8 goals so far); I'd be happily surprised if either made it very far with the first team.

·
Registered
46,395 Posts
Today I noticed that the defense of our Primavera is the second of the league (10 goals) after that of SuperLecce (4 goals). I'd be curious to know if there are some good propspects or it's just a matter of tactics.
In particular I'd like to know how is Artipoli doing. Padelli should be an interesting goalie.
Our Youth system has always been rather pathetic, but do not forget 3 good players who came out of it: Enrico Chiesa, Marco Lanna and Nick Amoruso.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
ToniSamp said:
Today I noticed that the defense of our Primavera is the second of the league (10 goals) after that of SuperLecce (4 goals). I'd be curious to know if there are some good propspects or it's just a matter of tactics.
In particular I'd like to know how is Artipoli doing. Padelli should be an interesting goalie.
Our Youth system has always been rather pathetic, but do not forget 3 good players who came out of it: Enrico Chiesa, Marco Lanna and Nick Amoruso.
Bwahaha! Isn't that hillarious? :howler: Life is often funny.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Carparelli is ridiculous.

He went to Genoa in January and Genoa lost 4 matches consequently.

He has been in Bergamo for weeks and with him Atalanta has always been the last one,without Carpa but with Makinwa now Atalanta is really fighting for the miracle....

I say that Merdarelli brings unluck...

I don't hate him,even if he said many stupid things,even if the story of his tatoo is famous,I consider him a ridicoulous man,like his president.
Clowns.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts