Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Real Madrid are celebrating after seeing all the improvements made to their Santiago Bernabéu stadium recognised with the award of the 2010 Champions League final.

The Spanish giants were recently told that UEFA had upgraded their stadium to Elite level and that meant that they are able to hold international and continental encounters there.

Under the previous stadium ranking, Madrid's ground had always had four out of five stars and the club had made earning that extra star a priority in recent seasons.

After being upgraded to the five-star mark, now seen as Elite, Madrid were told that they were to host the Champions League final in 2010, on the stadium's 60th anniversary.

The new Wembley and the Olympic Stadium in Berlin were also vying to hold the final in two years time after Moscow hosts it this year and Rome has the event next term.

On their official website, Madrid dedicated a page to the news that Camp Nou is no longer the only Elite stadium in Spanish league.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Great news guys!!!! This means we shall win 2010 CL for SURE!!! :D:D:horny::horny:

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Actually the Santiago will host the 2010 final because Wembley had tax issues and they were suppose to host it.

Great news guys!!!! This means we shall win 2010 CL for SURE!!!
Yeah, like when Utd won it in 2003. ;)

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
.Champion League Trophy finally come home

·
Premium Member
27,075 Posts
I think we'll be ready to launch a serious assault on the CL in 2010. I expect us to come very, very close next year to the final in Rome.

2010 For # 10

if your into numerology you got to like our chances

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
2003 for our third. Beaten by a bunch of monkeys in the QF's.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I have absolutely no confidence in the team winning a CL anytime soon. Is it just me or anyone else also feels that we seem to have lost that golden touch in European games?:confused:

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
I have absolutely no confidence in the team winning a CL anytime soon. Is it just me or anyone else also feels that we seem to have lost that golden touch in European games?:confused:
nope its not just you. i didnt have confidence at the start of the year and i was proven right. but we cant predict what might happen next year. i mean we dont know who's coming and who's going and we'll get a better indication once the season kicks off with the new players.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
The fact we're hosting the final doesn't guarantee us a thing, just remember the Copa Del Rey final against Deportivo. It will only add a lot of pressure. You can also point to this year basketball's european cup final which will be hosted by our club and guess what happened? Real Madrid built an expensive squad just to be eliminated in the 2nd group stage because of an inexperienced clown of a coach (sounds familiar? ;))... Barca are still in the race tough and could win it in Madrid

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
You gotta love it when Madridistas bring numerology into the mix. :D

I agree with Green, this doesn't guarantee you anything. You still have to make it there, but the Champions League is a lottery so anything is possible.

BTW, does anyone know how many teams throughout history managed to win the CL as Final hosts?

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Impossible.

By my calculations, your next one is due sometime in 2018.

Real Madrid built an expensive squad just to be eliminated in the 2nd group stage because of an inexperienced clown of a coach (sounds familiar? ;)).
Incorrect.

Real Madrid were eliminated because Van Nistelrooy, Ramos, Robben and Sneijder were unavailable.

Robinho and Pepe both coming back from injury.

That's 6/11 of our team either not available or trying to find their form after injury. No matter how much resources are at your disposal, anytime you have problems to that extent, you're going to lose a considerable amount of quality.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Rome has the event next term.
Damn, I don't like their stadium, it's so ugly with athletic track they have.

Yes, yes, final in Madrid. I like it very much, we for sure will have a team capable wining that competion. Ramos, Pepe, Robson, Robben(?), Gago and others likes who will be added this summer will be 2 more years older then now (experience). I feel very comfortable.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Rome has a wonderful stadium, Ive been there obviously, the atmosphere is great. I suppose its not our fault that its an Olympic stadium and has to have an athletics track.

Real Madrid will finish 5th next season and miss out on it :pp

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.