Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess it will be Inter, Milan, Juve, Roma, Fiorentina, Sampdoria, Napoli, Genoa, Udinese playing each other over and over again for 8 months every year :rolleyes: (don't nitpick over the names, the point is not that)

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
He wants it, but who says it will ever happen? Very unlikely.

·
Registered
17,531 Posts
That's what happens when Milan has trouble qualifying for the CL...

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
Competitions like this one all fail. Teams will play their B or C teams to avoid injuries to their stars and hardly any crowd will come to the stadiums to watch some reserve game.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If Inter played Milan three times before December or Milan played Juventus three times before December it would take the whole big game out of those big games.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
If Inter played Milan three times before December or Milan played Juventus three times before December it would take the whole big game out of those big games.
Agreed. I think derbies would mean alot less if you played them six times every season or whatever in the same competition.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also, I think one of the great things about a league is that you get to go all over the country and that all the teams have a chance of having a glory day against one of the big teams. When a big team comes to a small team's arena, it is a huge thing for the people of that town/city b/c they can see their hometown team take on the giants and see whether they have what it takes to pull an upset. It's part of the game.

·
Registered
17,531 Posts
I think what Berlu really wants is a European super league.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Super serie A should be with: Milan, Inter, Juve, Torino, Udinese, Samp, Genoa, Fiorentina, Roma, Lazio, Napoli, Palermo. 12 clubs and matchs from october to april!
As keen on sport I think this idea is unacceptable, as supporter of Palermo I am favourable becouse my team would be certainly in this super Serie A!!!
Of course this project is impraticable!

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
I think we'd all love it if our team was in the SuperLeague or whatever, but I we shouldn't let that cloud our judgement.

Why doesn't Silvio just focus on helping improve the quality of Serie A in general?

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How about this? Instead of having 2 matches in primetime, how about we play the majority of games in prime time? that would increase attendance everywhere

·
Registered
46,336 Posts
In a super serie A there would surely be also Bologna, Bari and maybe Verona (Hellas) and Cagliari.

I'm against it cause the promotion/relegation system is a guarantee of seriousness.

Also I would not mind Juventus visiting serie B another time.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Super serie A should be with: Milan, Inter, Juve, Torino, Udinese, Samp, Genoa, Fiorentina, Roma, Lazio, Napoli, Palermo. 12 clubs and matchs from october to april!
Lol a 12-team additional league would be retarded.

A 12-team "Super" Serie A isn't even that much different from the "regular" 20-team Serie A.

·
Expecto patronum!
13,563 Posts
As keen on sport I think this idea is unacceptable, as supporter of Palermo I am favourable becouse my team would be certainly in this super Serie A!!!
Of course this project is impraticable!
Bologna, Atalanta, Cagliari, Bari, Lecce... what about them? :wth:

I wouldn't mind it either :D
me neither :)

Also, I think one of the great things about a league is that you get to go all over the country and that all the teams have a chance of having a glory day against one of the big teams. When a big team comes to a small team's arena, it is a huge thing for the people of that town/city b/c they can see their hometown team take on the giants and see whether they have what it takes to pull an upset. It's part of the game.
:thmbup::thmbup: I share your opinion.

·
Registered
59,760 Posts
no wonder he wants it considering the trouble we've had in matches against many "small" teams of Serie A :lala:
In fairness to Milan - you've also sucked against the big teams. ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts