Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Porthsmouth Eyal Berkovic wants to buy Ligat Leumit club Ramat HaSharon. According to Yedioth, Berkovic said, he wants to meet with Yitzchak Rochberger, the mayor of Ramat HaSharon, who wants to get rid of the club.

Berkovic would make the first step of taking part in such a business as the first israeli. He will meet the mayor on Sunday, to discuss the subject.

http://www.sport5.co.il/Articles/Article.asp?ArticleID=16664&CategoryID=9

·
Registered
405 Posts
nice! I wonder if he'll spend money to get the best players.

Why Ramat Hasharon? besides the fact that the mayor wants to sell the club. is that where he grew up?

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
amfan said:
nice! I wonder if he'll spend money to get the best players.

Why Ramat Hasharon? besides the fact that the mayor wants to sell the club. is that where he grew up?

Ramat Hasharan is where my good friend and associate Ze'ev Rosenstien is ;)

Eyal Berkovic is a Haifanite... He grew up in Haifa, i think outside of it...but he played in Mac Haifa since the youth until getting a call up in England!

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Berkovic approved that he was interested in buying Ramat Hasharon but decided to back off after the deal was leaked in Yedioth. He said this in an interview to 5+ along with a few other stuff such as 'If I don't have a place in Israel's starting lineup, you need to close football'...

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Raanan said:
Berkovic approved that he was interested in buying Ramat Hasharon but decided to back off after the deal was leaked in Yedioth. He said this in an interview to 5+ along with a few other stuff such as 'If I don't have a place in Israel's starting lineup, you need to close football'...
]

Doesn't make sense...

but on an off topic switch, i am fed up with the Newspapers in Israel leaking information. Not only in soccer, but in business, crime and other things....

people get hurt and repuation get damaged...

a closed mouth is the best mouth :mute:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Kappa21 said:
]

Doesn't make sense...

but on an off topic switch, i am fed up with the Newspapers in Israel leaking information. Not only in soccer, but in business, crime and other things....

people get hurt and repuation get damaged...

a closed mouth is the best mouth :mute:
loose lips, sinks ships!

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
He said the fact they told the media about this before they even had a meeting shows him they're not serious enough. I'd say that Eyal damaged his chances of ever making a comeback to Grant's National team with his comments.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Raanan said:
He said the fact they told the media about this before they even had a meeting shows him they're not serious enough. I'd say that Eyal damaged his chances of ever making a comeback to Grant's National team with his comments.

Same way the talented Aviron Mizrahi did :rollani:

What were the talks of berkovic joining Maccabi Haifa to end his career after he got signed in Man City?

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Kappa21 said:
Same way the talented Aviron Mizrahi did :rollani:

What were the talks of berkovic joining Maccabi Haifa to end his career after he got signed in Man City?
He was asked in the interview if there's a chance he'll return to Israel before he retires. He said there's no chance.

And today there are reports saying Berkovic lost his spot at the NT for these comments. Apparently he was very close to making a return to the squad, don't forget he was injured before the Cyprus match and maybe if it wasn't for this injury we would've seen him back already then although I doubt this. Actually Grant offered Berkovic and Nimni to remain at the NT before our qualifiers campaign started, but without a guaranteed starting lineup spot. Berkovic refused, Nimni agreed and we all know what happened next - Nimni is part of the National team (and even the captain when he plays), Berkovic isn't.

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
Raanan, that offer to Nimni and Berkovic is as far as I know only Grant's version. Personally, I don't believe a word Grant says. He's a terrible coach and even if we win the World Cup itself I won't give him a single credit. If it wasn't for some phenomenal work by Benayoun which had nothing to do with the team, we'll be with 0 points now. Him not convoking Berkovic, no matter what he says, is stupidity IMO.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
gba said:
Raanan, that offer to Nimni and Berkovic is as far as I know only Grant's version. Personally, I don't believe a word Grant says. He's a terrible coach and even if we win the World Cup itself I won't give him a single credit. If it wasn't for some phenomenal work by Benayoun which had nothing to do with the team, we'll be with 0 points now. Him not convoking Berkovic, no matter what he says, is stupidity IMO.
Grant never said it, it was the interviewer (Eli Eildis) who asked him if it's true and Grant said he can't confirm anything like this. When Berkovic was asked about it in his interview he didn't deny it either. I also think we would've had some use in Berkovic but Eyal shouldn't have said what he said in this interview because now he can forget about ever getting called-up to the National team again, unless he is still around when Grant leaves.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Raanan said:
He was asked in the interview if there's a chance he'll return to Israel before he retires. He said there's no chance.

And today there are reports saying Berkovic lost his spot at the NT for these comments. Apparently he was very close to making a return to the squad, don't forget he was injured before the Cyprus match and maybe if it wasn't for this injury we would've seen him back already then although I doubt this. Actually Grant offered Berkovic and Nimni to remain at the NT before our qualifiers campaign started, but without a guaranteed starting lineup spot. Berkovic refused, Nimni agreed and we all know what happened next - Nimni is part of the National team (and even the captain when he plays), Berkovic isn't.
Nimny is one thing. The man has some juice and when he isn't performing well,, he won't play. Berkovic just lost it.....

Either way both Nimny and berkjovic shouldn't be able to play, because they are out of age. We need younger players and players who can perform better!

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
the truth is that Grant improved some aspects of the NT like for instance fitness and commitment, it seems to be there less ego problems in the squad and the group is more united. The problem is that Grant's tactics depend too much in one player: Benayoun. If this kid doesn't play well Israel goes down and against Cyprus it was proven. We didn't play well, but in a moment of brilliance he decided the match and served Nimni for the winning goal. Grant's tactics depend on talent, there isn't actually a true "Greek model" he inspired in Greece of the Euro 2004, but are we really playing like that? If talent is the word so berkovic should be in the squad. If Benayoun was injured who would replace him? Probably Nimni, but he has a different style,it wouldn't be the same.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
We don't really play a Greek model for the simple reason we don't have a good attacking system like you said. We rely on Benayoun's talent and that's it, not to mention our lack of strikers, which is another problem of course. I definitely wanted to see Berkovic against Cyprus because it was obvious we'll have problems scoring, but he was injured anyway... Luckily we somehow managed, but I'm sure we could use him in future games as well. But now that he made these comments we won't see him there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts