Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Berkovic on the way to Portsmouth

Well, I read it on the sport5 homepage, but I think its really time for him to go to another club. He is a kind of player, which are really rare in the Premiere League and for me he is one of the best assister in the league.

But I think these are against speculations, but I hope the best for him.

Its quite funny, but I can remember that Berkovic said a year ago, that "HE WANTS TO END HIS CAREER IN MANCHESTER". Revivo also said that he wants to end his career in Istanbul, what happened? You know it... :D

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Re: Berkovic on the way to Portsmouth

Haimrevivo1 said:
Well, I read it on the sport5 homepage, but I think its really time for him to go to another club. He is a kind of player, which are really rare in the Premiere League and for me he is one of the best assister in the league.

But I think these are against speculations, but I hope the best for him.

Its quite funny, but I can remember that Berkovic said a year ago, that "HE WANTS TO END HIS CAREER IN MANCHESTER". Revivo also said that he wants to end his career in Istanbul, what happened? You know it... :D
Well Berkovic deserves to play more and has conditions of being in the starting line up of any team. If this rumor comes true at least for his football it would be good I don't know financially speaking or maybe even for his career sequence. Good for our NT of course that would have an awesome player back.

About what he said that he wanted to end his career in Manchester maybe he really meant at that time because things were great for him back then, he was in starting line up the press always gave him good rating, his display was great and the fans adored him, but I believe that right now in Manchester City he is not going through that moment he had so of course if he decides to join another club it won't be surprise.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
The way I understand it's about Man City's willingness to free Eyal. Portsmouth and Berkovic have already reached plenty of agreements, according to Yedioth. Apparently Berkovic will earn in Portsmouth 25% less then he does in City. Now it's a matter of trying to get City to let Eyal go on a free. Portsmouth were interested in him in the summer as well but then City asked for a too big transfer fee if I get it right.

Hopefully this transfer goes through, Eyal has no future at Manchester City by the looks of it.

·
Registered
497 Posts
well based on City's incredibly impressive run of 3 points out of the last, oh what i dunno possible 33 points, maybe Portsmouth are ahead of them in the table.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A couple of hours ago, I read that Berkovic might even go to Blackburn....so the transfer circus will be rolled up

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
This winter window is time of speculations and any transfer could happen or maybe Berkovic could simply stay at Manchester City until the end of the season to be loaned in the summer where the clubs have more possibility and time to purchase. I personally think Berkovic has to get a team in where he can play.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
The future of Berkovic is still uncertain. some reports say that Eyal won't be joining Portsmouth after all, since the club wouldn't be willing to afford Berkovic's high wages. If the Portsmouth deal could be away from coming true, reports say some other English Premiership clubs have been intrested in Berkovic, Tottenham, Birmingham, and Blackburn ( club in which Eyal already played on loan) are now on the headlines. But for now it is only speculations.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
OK, the business seems to be complicated. Portsmouth are interested in Eyal very much but they say Blackburn Rovers want him as well (which creates a competition and Blackburn can surely pay Eyal more then Portsmouth can). Blackburn just lost Scottish midfidler Barry Ferguson until the end of the season due to an injury, and Eyal is mentioned as possible replacement. However, Rovers manager Souness said he is interested in signing Leicester City's Muzzy Izzet who plays at the same position as Eyal does. Anyway, City's demands are too high for Pompey at the moment so assuming they're the only team after Eyal, this could ruin the deal.

·
Registered
773 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Yeah it is undeniable Berkovic's attitude prevented him to achieve greater things and play for bigger clubs (no disrespect to Man City but they were in division 1 when he joined, Celtic are playing in a very non competitive league, etc). But that's past, and now it looks like the deal is almost done - Signature is expected today or tomorrow. What left is basically Keegan's agreement for the deal. If everything works right Eyal could take part in Portsmouth's important match against Aston Villa on Tuesday night.

And more Portsmouth related news: Yesterday the team beat Blackpool in the FA Cup, 2:1, when the winning goal was scored in the 90th minute by good old Yakubu. :)

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
With regards to berkovic, i don't know if he will get the move to pompey. It looks as if pompey lowered his weekly loan from 28,000 to 22,000 and yet they still in talks and no deal was made.

Another club or two that was mentioned was Blackburn rovers who are intrested , but something that was odd, was Tottenham Hotspurs who are in pursuit as well. They have a long list of injury and right now they sit in the edge of relegation, which is not good. I think the loan to Tottenham will be exciting since Pompey is kinda edgy about buying him or not, since they are considered a small club, while Blackburn has the cash but doesn't mean to get him, pending on how souness sees all of this and Tottenham, still wants to get new and fresh players to replaced injured ones til they recoperate.

As for now, its just a wait and see. But what i truly think is that nothing will happen. I don't know about you, but i don't see Manchester winning a game in the last few. Perhaps even the last 8 or 9 games. Im sure keegan is going to get the boot. Partly because of his attitude towards players. Regardless if there good or not, he is treating many players, including berkovic bad and that is why the team has not one a game. The management in Manchester City is upset and they might boot out keegan, which might sigal that Manchester Still wants Berkovic and that he might end up staying there afterall.....

So we will still find out!

·
Registered
773 Posts

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Portsmouth made an offical bid for berkovic and the process is on! :)

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Berkovic has completed his move to Pompey, according to reports, he'll be the most paid player if I heard right and the contract is for 2.5 years (2 more seasons after this one ends).

He underwent a medical already, and the official signing ceremony will be held tomorrow at a press conference. Eyal is supposed to start on Saturday as Portsmouth play......Manchester City. ;)

We all know Pompey already has Yakubu in their ranks, also the manager Harry Redknapp was Eyal's manager in West Ham. :)

Good luck to Eyal and Portsmouth.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Good luck for Eyal Berkovic in Portsmouth. hope he settles himself over there and that he could display the best of his footbal again. hope he can be able to play against Manchester City so that he could be able to show he was worthy. I'm sure that if he plays he will make his best.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
BERKOVIC WILL RUIN THE LIVING HELL OUT OF MAN CITY :)

WHAT A GAME :)

YALLA POMPEY!!!!

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
As you probaly know by now, Berkovic did his debut on Saturday. Pompey won 4-2 with Yakubu scoring twice. :) Afterwards Berkovic had a lot to say about Keegan to put it nicely and he could be fined for that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts