Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
what do you mean ? you wanted him to finish at the top,you little scampster :D

seems like you just wanted him out of the team,as i told you if Wenger thinks he isn't good enough he will drop him,simple.as he did a lot of times when he prefered Kanu and Wiltord in 2000/01 ,before Kanu went into his three year coma :D

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I wanted him out because I didn't think Wenger would be able to resist playing him every week, even if he didn't perform for about 5 or 6 game in a row, which actually have been the case many times before. No however it seems like Wenger is gonna use him as a back up next season which not exactly is finishing on a high but at least he'll be able to finish his carrer at Arsenal without being someone who cost us titles by not performing for 90% of the season and still keeps his place, and that is more than good enough for me :D

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
he hasn't cost us any titles,in 99 run-in Kanu played a lot and even Diawara was more to blame then Dennis.

in 2000 and 2001 we were miles behind and Kanu played an awful lot as did Wiltord.

in 2002 he was one of the finest performers and helped win it.

last year he didn't cost us anything,he never played at Villa and Bolton,and at home to Leeds he had a great game

your expectations of Dennis are irrational Jacke,1998 was a freaky season when he was the best player on the planet,and the fact you think Wenger would never drop him is just plain silly,he has done it many times and Bergkamp has even complained about in the Press in many interviews in the past.;)

just admit it,he stole your girlfriend didn't he ? and she told you that he was much better technically than you :D

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jern Lizardhous said:

just admit it,he stole your girlfriend didn't he ? and she told you that he was much better technically than you :D
Well, That’s Bergkamps version of it, I'll tell you mine another time ! :D

I'll get back to you on how many games Bergy did 99/00 and 00/01, I'm not sure about how many games he played but I can remember how frustrated I was sometimes with him, Just walking around on the pitch and waiting for the ref to blow full time so he could get home and send dirty text messages to my girl friend as it seemed:D . I can especially remember an away game against Ipswich when he touched the ball 3 or 4 times in 90 minutes and he hardly made up for by hard work either.

You just need to look on the Arsenal centurions vid to understand what he’s done for this club and all I’m saying is that, I don’t want him to finish in a bad way at Highbury, Cos no matter how good anyone is, you can’t have a player that is invisible in more than half of every game he plays if you wanna win the league. I’d definitely say that Bergy was one of the most important keys in our both double seasons and unfortunately also one of the keys to why we was so far behind ManU in-between the doubles.
Never mind though, Wenger has spoken and hopefully Bergy will accept his role as a back up next season and he he’ll finish on a high by winning a Champions League win for us !

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
I believe Bergy would understand to give his starting position to Josè Reyes. Because this is the reason we bought for big amount of money for and the fact that he is no longer young.

My suggestion is that Bergy should take somekind of player-trainer role like Ruud Gullit in Chelsea many years ago. Let him help Wenger with our youth development. We still remember how he was top scorer for 2-3 years in Dutch League and he is one of the best second striker playmaker. With his knowledge, vision and skill, I am sure we can see better improvement from our youngsters. I have confidence that Bergy can be a good coach, and I am dreaming that he is the future Ajax coach with Marco van Basten as the head and Bergy as the assistant.

And when, he is needed, he will show up to replace Reyes to play alongside Henry again.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Zhuge Liang said:
I believe Bergy would understand to give his starting position to Josè Reyes. Because this is the reason we bought for big amount of money for and the fact that he is no longer young.

My suggestion is that Bergy should take somekind of player-trainer role like Ruud Gullit in Chelsea many years ago. Let him help Wenger with our youth development. We still remember how he was top scorer for 2-3 years in Dutch League and he is one of the best second striker playmaker. With his knowledge, vision and skill, I am sure we can see better improvement from our youngsters. I have confidence that Bergy can be a good coach, and I am dreaming that he is the future Ajax coach with Marco van Basten as the head and Bergy as the assistant.

And when, he is needed, he will show up to replace Reyes to play alongside Henry again.
That's what I'm hoping for as well:) I think it's time for him to score one of them Bergkamp goals again though, You know the once when he curl them in to the top corner, Haven't seen any of them for quite some time now :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts