Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BBC Sport understands that a £30m bid has indeed been made for Dimitar Berbatov, while the club are in talks with Valencia's David Villa and Stuttgart's Mario Gomez.

----------------------------------------------------

These Arabs are crazy, apparently Berba has been offered more than 100k a week to snub United.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Why do they do this to themselves all the time? :D

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
£150,000 I think.

I'd go for Berbatov if he's in the right frame of mind. Seeing as though you have Jo, Berbatov would probably be a better foil.

What of STurridge though :cry:

He needs to leave.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You'd be surprised what a sack full of cash can do. They've just been taken over by one of the richest groups in the Middle East who will throw the cash around just like Abramovich.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Maybe they learned only now that there is such a thing as a transfer window and it closes tonight? :)

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
So was Ronaldinho and look where that ended up. Berbatov will be a United player, fact.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So was Ronaldinho and look where that ended up. Berbatov will be a United player, fact.
That's different though, Ronaldinho chose Milan for lifestyle reasons. Milan is a much more glamorous city than Manchester, and we all know that is important to Ronaldinho :D .

Berba is already willing to move to Manchester - so money could be the only thing that matters now ;) .

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Ronaldinho can make more than enough bucks from advertising only even if he stops playing football tomorrow plus usually Brasilians prefer Italy or Spain to England. Now Berbatov needs only to choose between two clubs from the same city - and the one who offers him more money has already two Bulgarians in its roster. Not that I belive he will pick City but it's a possibility, IMO.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
If he is serious about his football career he will push a move for United, the chance to play for the best club in the world. :D

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Not even the best club in the UEFA cup. :pp:pp

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
uve just sold your soul, and lost what made you different from utd. shame
You are wrong there mate, United's riches came through hard earned success. We've never had a ****ing thai sugar daddy or rich arabs pumping money into us.

If anything, the Glazers have been milking the money out of this club. Apart from last year, they've made significant profits in the transfer markets. And even last year they sold for over £20m and the players who came in were deals depending on further success, appearances etc.

They're making a killing from us, while Roman at Chelsea is just carelessly spending for fun, buying success. And this is what these arabs are aiming for.

·
Registered
14,722 Posts
the only talks villa will have with man city is Villa telling them to fcuk off and sober up. Ur rich it doen't make you a prestigous or big club. Fuking jokers

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
You are wrong there mate, United's riches came through hard earned success. We've never had a ****ing thai sugar daddy or rich arabs pumping money into us.

If anything, the Glazers have been milking the money out of this club. Apart from last year, they've made significant profits in the transfer markets. And even last year they sold for over £20m and the players who came in were deals depending on further success, appearances etc.

They're making a killing from us, while Roman at Chelsea is just carelessly spending for fun, buying success. And this is what these arabs are aiming for.
While Roman may be playing Football Manager with his big bags of money Chelsea is increasing still its popularity worldwide and making more money so at someday Roman probably wont have to splash the cash with such fury.

These arabs are businessman who have built up the empire and kept it increasing. Also these guys do their projects in rather large scales but i think they will not do their business a´la Football Manager. For the company its more of a business project not a personal pet project.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
its still buying success and than isnt really what man city has ever been about. I lived in manchester for three years and city is very much the people's club. Working class and proud of it. I think this is a shame really

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
its still buying success and than isnt really what man city has ever been about. I lived in manchester for three years and city is very much the people's club. Working class and proud of it. I think this is a shame really
The fact that the club will be owned by a arab company will not take away the clubs history and past glory. It will just give the club more monetary funds and will make it more competative in the league. Why is it a shame that the club will become stronger? They still can be proud of their club.

I think that there is no shame in more clubs having the funds to compete with the big clubs and in the end make the league more interesting. I think the fans should be proud of the fact that ManCity could be the club to destabilize the 4 big clubs and challenge for the CL. Every club found their fortunes in different ways. These days it is impossible for smaller clubs to compete with bigger clubs simply by having a few good seasons. Smaller club has a few good seasons, their best players get picked up by bigger clubs....with huge money offers. No money means no good players. Simple as that and with no shame in it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts