Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thought just occurred to me, so what better way to document it by starting a thread on xtratime.org.

They're both tall and strong. They both have insane levels of close control. They both have really unique passing styles (outside of the boot etc). But most of all, they both just have this awesome distinctive style which sets them apart from other players.

There isn't a player in world football who plays at such a high level in a manner which is so ****ing cool, in my eyes.

This guy is probably the best centre forward in the world.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He was basically a footballing God at Tottenham in my eyes. Awesome player to watch.

Also. This comparison isn't me saying he's the best player in the world or anything. It's more to do with the similarities in style, really.

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
He was basically a footballing God at Tottenham in my eyes. Awesome player to watch.

Also. This comparison isn't me saying he's the best player in the world or anything. It's more to do with the similarities in style, really.
no, just the best center forward which isn't too shabby either

·
Registered
27,571 Posts
This thought just occurred to me, so what better way to document it by starting a thread on xtratime.org.

They're both tall and strong. They both have insane levels of close control. They both have really unique passing styles (outside of the boot etc). But most of all, they both just have this awesome distinctive style which sets them apart from other players.

There isn't a player in world football who plays at such a high level in a manner which is so ****ing cool, in my eyes.

This guy is probably the best centre forward in the world.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no, just the best center forward which isn't too shabby either
Well, I was thinking about this.

I'd take him over Drogba, Adebayor, Zaki and Torres which is pretty much the best the Premiership has to offer.

Spain? Eto'O and Ruud are the main players here. It would be a close run thing between Eto'O and Berba IMO.

Italy? No-one there who is seriously outstanding apart from Ibra, really. Hmm, it's close.

Other countries have Benzema, Toni and Klose, I guess. No one on Berba's level there.

Ibra, Berbatov, Drogba, Eto'O and Torres are basically the main five, unless i've made a glaring omission somewhere. Then I guess it's personal preference.

·
Administrator
53,561 Posts
Hehehe, I have raved about him enough for 2 years so I defenitely agree. He is sheer awesome elegance and insane delicate technique embodied. I havent barely seen him for Man U yet, for the cynics who would say he is noticed because he went there.

I dont care and it doesnt matter if he is the best forward etc (It isnt that obvious in that regard, he is up amongst them, but not defenite best). But when it comes to this comparison of style, yeah, there are very few players are worthy of being spiritual successor of Zidane as this guy, in sheer elegance, casual strolling style and awing technique, he is for sure the closest you can get to Zidane in that way.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Spain? Eto'O and Ruud are the main players here. It would be a close run thing between Eto'O and Berba IMO.

Cant believe you forgot Villa. The man who has a current scoring streak of 10 (or is it 11?) games straight for Valencia and Spain. The guy is on fire this season.

I like Berbatov alot actually even since his Leverkusen days you could tell he's a classy player but i dont see any resemblence to Zidane at all. Zidane is a player which will not be duplicated ever with the things that he pulled off and more importantly WHEN he pulled them off. I can see where you're coming from in that they both kind of look heavy but can pull off the most outrageous of manuevers and tricks but other than that i really dont see it.

By the way, i absolutely loved that little trick Berbatov did against West Ham the other day. Just genius :thmbup:

·
Registered
70,708 Posts
I don´t know why David Villa is so underrated in some sectors. Maybe he needs to move to Premiership and score tons of goals there just like Torres, an inferior player to him in numbers btw.

1 - 20 of 175 Posts