Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my team, the Bennigsen Beavers, are now playing in the first German league ...

I moved to another city becuase of my studys, but I played there 3 years and together we went up and up and up !!!

Maybe you are interested !!!

www.bennigsenbeavers.de

Husky

·
Registered
69,130 Posts
wow that is very cool, good to see baseball becoming slightly popular in Europe. I know in Croatia we have a few teams and hopefully one day we can see some guys from Europe play in the MLB (we have so many from South America, Canada and even Australia)

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Italy has a very strong league ...

Italy and Netherlands are the countrys in Europe were the first league is proffesionel !!!

Husky

In Germany you can't het rich, you just earn money to erease your debts. (Money for the car to go to the training, etc)

Only a few player earn money !!!

·
Registered
69,130 Posts
|-Husky-| said:

In Germany you can't het rich, you just earn money to erease your debts. (Money for the car to go to the training, etc)

Only a few player earn money !!!
Yes, same thing for football in Croatia, thats why many young players leave so early and then they fail to develop into the players that they can be. Do you still play baseball? I used to play in high school but I didn't play at college. I was a pitcher, left handed too. :D

·
Registered
69,130 Posts
so are you a Mets fan? which game did you go see and was it at Shea Stadium? Shea Stadium is a great place to watch the game but the way the stadium looks....ummm terrible! :D
I live only 5-10 minutes from Shea Stadium and I maybe go to about 20-25 games a year and very rarely I go to maybe 2 or 3 Yankees games.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My parents are big tennis fans and I am a big baseball fan ...

So we went for the US Open to NY ...

We stayed in Pensalvenia Hotel across the street is the Madison Square Garden!

So we checked in I went across and their was the WNBA Final of the NY Liberty !!!

My first night in NY and than this Match !!! Perfekt !!!

It was a great thing to be in the Madison Square Garden and I was between to "big" black Ladys ... who shouted all the time and who "forced" me to sign the Hymne of the USA (I am german and the text was not so common to me but I gave my best !!!)

After that they invited me to popcorn, choclates, sandwiches and coke !!!

Really nice ;)

So I was shouting

N YYYYYY L I B E R TYYYYYY!!!

Next day we went to US Open (IMPRESSIVE)

And on the over next day we went to the Mets

"Meet the Mets" :tongue:

They played against Colorado (Walker signed me a ball) and we had great seats !! (boxseats)

A great day !!!

Than on the 11th of september (our last day in NY) we went into "Window of the world" to celebrate my birthday ... It was the best thing I've saw in my live !!!

WTC so great !!!

One year later I was in germany to celebrate my birthday ... it was the worst day in my whole live ... and still today while I read this my whole buddy gets cold ...

HORRIBLE !!!

Husky

But I love the Mets, really nice atmospheare and Team. I lovge Underdogs !!!

Atlético (Mets) --- Real (Yankees)

;) :D

·
Registered
69,130 Posts
wow! that must of been a great trip! Although I am a huge Mets fan "Meet the Mets" is the stupidest song I ever heard. The US Open is very expensive and I only go when Ancic, Ljubicic or Karlovic play. The Mets stunk so bad last season that I didn't go to one game from August to the end of the season, I lost interest in them becuase the season was over.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts