Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Liverpool boss Benitez linked with Inter Milan
tribalfootball.com - February 16, 2006

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has been linked with Roberto Mancini's job at Inter Milan.
Despite Inter's impressive showing this season, Mancini's job remains in doubt and Corriere dello Sport says today that he will be shown the door unless his team overcomes Ajax in the Champions League next week.

Along with Benitez, PSV Eindhoven coach Guus Hiddink and Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger have also been mentioned as possible candidates to succeed Mancini at the San Siro.

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
tribalfootball.com...this is a load of shit...the part which sounds like a load of shit is the part about Mancio being shown the door if we dont overcome Ajax....i havent heard anything about this

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
No way. Let's not take a historical anti-Inter newspaper's word (Corriere del Sport, remember this is the same paper that attacked Inter for fielding an all-foreigner lineup) for granted. That said, I do not think Mancio will be fired b/c our Scudetto season is a miracle one, with the exception of a much greater merited Juventus. I am confident we will do good to well in the Champions League, even exceeding expectations.

I doubt a Mancio fan in Moratti would give up who I argue is the best coach in the Italian Serie A right now. Not the most storied, but the best to have for now and the future. Many years ahead of him, and a great potential to turn from great to the best. He lacks nothing that Capello brings to the table with the exception of a history and trophies in the past. Then again, Capello coached for many years before Mancio started.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Mancio wont be sacked. And more importantly, Benitez wont be sacked from Liverpool either . . I see no reason :confused:

·
Banned
114 Posts
Mancio is the best coach in Serie A??? Only two people in Italy actually believe that: his agent and his wife..............ah i forgot, and his children. R u sure your surname is not Mancini? Check your id again m8......

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Well, if at the end of the season we decide to terminate Mancios contract ( and rightly so, if he doesn't bring home the ch.lg), I would prefer one these coaches:

1. Guus Hiddink (I wish)

2. Arsene Wenger

P.S Benitez in my opinion doesn't fit the criterion.

·
Banned
114 Posts
zannetti4ever, first of all Benitez would never leave Pool.............especially now that, after winning the CL in his first season, he is treated like a God in Merseyside. Secondly, i think wenger is a coach that would crack under pressure. Your club is filled with pressure and i reckon that wenger cannot cope with such a pressure. Now, if you ask me who i consider ideal for your club then i would say: Don Fabio( the best solution but highly unprobable), and you might laugh at me but i always held in very high esteem the naughty Swede-little Svenny. He knows Serie A first hand, he has won the Scudetto and MOST IMPORTANTLY players AND MORATTI will respect him.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Hitzfeld would be good

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
When Sven won the Scudetto, it was more of a case juve bottling it rather than Lazio winning it :)

Wenger is my second choice ( after Hiddink), and no he wouldn't crack under pressure, he won the premiership 3 times at the expense of formidable United sides ( and he did so with limited resources ;) )

Benitez won the ch.lg but his team is facing difficulties when trying to score goals (they struggle to win against anyone)

Of course Capello is my first choice, but I don't think he will be available anytime soon, especially with RM in the running for his signature ( we had our chance but inexplicably we opted for Mancini instead :wallbang: )

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Mancio is way more than a donkey, and Hitzfeld isnt exactly a ferrari. hat we should sack mancio, hes doing a decent enough job. But if at all we are looking for another coach, Hitzfeld would be a good option.

Whats with you and mancio anyway ?

·
Banned
114 Posts
I always regarded him a coach that used his fame as a great footballer to establish himself as a coach in Serie A. Moreover, the fact that he turned out good for Lazio does not mean that he is good for you. He delivered at Lazio simply because there were no expectations from him. He worked under no pressure at all. Well at Inter it is another story..............Expectations are-and rightfully so-very high and the guy shows that he is not for clubs where pressure is choking.

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
We should keep Mancini!

If Juventus didn't play so good (buy so many points) we would be topping the tables!
Mancini sometimes makes stupid decisions, but globally he's doing well!

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
romario8 said:
what about scolari? he can defently cope with the pressure and is more than capable
If I had to choose a coach that would be on the market, Scolari is definitely the man. I am curious if he speaks Italian, maybe one of our Brasilian friends on XT could answer this. Isn't it also 99% sure he is leaving Portugal after the World Cup?

If so, great addition to the Inter line-up. He is definitely one of the best coaches in the world. He has proven himself at club level in Brasil, as well as internationally (if you don't know, you've been under a rock) and would be interested to see how he competes in the European market. I think if he has control of the team, he will do well.

Of course, Mourinho and Capello are out of this world to get. I also believe Benitez is not on the market (although I am not a huge fan). I wonder how a coach like Del Bosque would do? :hopefull:

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
i think scolari or hitzfeld would be the ideal replacement for mancini...but i do have one question, why was mancini given the inter post in the first place?

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Inter looking to lure Benitez Friday 17 February, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter are ready to offer Rafa Benitez £50m to prise him away from Liverpool, according to reports today.

The Daily Mirror claims that unless Roberto Mancini leads the Nerazzurri to Champions League success this season, he will be out of a job in the summer and, according to the tabloid, Benitez heads Inter patron Massimo Moratti’s list of desired candidates.

Benitez, who won the Primera Liga with Valencia, took over at Liverpool in 2004 and ended years of underachievement for the Premiership club by winning the Champions League in his first season in charge.

Moratti has overseen a similarly disappointing reign at the San Siro, with both the League title and the Champions League eluding his beloved side despite having ploughed over £446m of his personal fortune into the club over the last 10 years, and now it seems that he sees Benitez as the man to restore Inter’s fortunes.

“Benitez has already proved he is a top manager in Spain and England and Inter believe he can now do the same in Italy,” an Inter source is quoted as saying.

"Winning the European Cup against Milan will make him immediately popular with Inter fans and his achievements with Valencia, where he twice won the title over Real Madrid and Barcelona, proves he has real pedigree."

Moratti is reputedly ready to set aside further significant funds for Benitez to spend should he decide to cut short his contract, which ends in 2009, in favour of a move to Italy.

Should the Spaniard spurn Moratti’s advances, however, Arsenal’s Arsène Wenger and PSV and Australia Coach Guus Hiddink are said to be next in line.

channel4

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
no please not benitez . . hes too soft a character :p we need a strong dude like hitzfeld or probably hiddink . . but hitzfeld more (if at all we get a new coach that is)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts