Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been impressed with any of the signings since Benitez became coach of Liverpool. (except Morientes)

It looks like Liverpool are buying average foreign players just like Houllier. I can't see Liverpool challenging Arsenal, Man Utd, and Chelsea anytime in the next two years. *Especially* if Gerrard leaves. Like why the hell did Benitez buy Pellegrino? or Nunez? Does he just want a Spanish starting xi or something?

Liverpool would have been better having big nose as their manager.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Get a grip.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Think the stupidity of that haspretty much brought an end to this conversation.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Would Xabi Start for them? hell yes he would. For Spain he practically destroyed England. He would definitley start for one of them. But the formation the team uses could be a difference.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, maybe I was a bit harsh with Alonso, still don't reckon he'd start for Chelsea or Man Utd. But the rest of Benitez's signings are not good enough to play for Liverpool, that's of course if your talking about Liverpool having any chance of winning the league in the near future.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Alonso is class and so is Morientes. and they would start in any team.
Luis Garcia, Josemi, and Nuñez I admit aren't the best.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
DeJackal said:
Ok, maybe I was a bit harsh with Alonso, still don't reckon he'd start for Chelsea or Man Utd. But the rest of Benitez's signings are not good enough to play for Liverpool, that's of course if your talking about Liverpool having any chance of winning the league in the near future.
So what do you think Rafa should have done?

Who do you think Rafa should have signed instead?

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
DeJackal said:
:howler::howler::howler:

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
I would like to quote a very good post by RazorUK, here it is
Why buy Morientes when he could have bought Beattie.
Why buy Alonso when for £10 million he could have bought Scot Parker.

He should never of signed Nunez for free, instead he should of asked Real for 11 shirts signed by the ‘galicticos’, he should of ignored Perez when he said “Here you go, it’s a week before the deadline, Owen wants to come here, we are offering £8 million, take it or leave it – Oh, but here is our reserve team, pick one of these for free”

And Josemi, what a mistake, that £2 million could have been spent on Nigel Quashie from Southampton.

As for Pelligrono, what a waste of no money he was, for free we could have got the English centre back Mark Hudson like Crystal Palace did.

He is a disgrace for putting a weakened team out against Burnley.

Forget the fact only three of the first team have not spent over a month out injured, forgot the fact that for the last couple of months the only fit top players we have had have had to play 13 games in 53 days because we simply did not have any other options. These players should have played against Burnley he is a disgrace, so OK, he plays them against Southampton, some carrying injuries and most of them look like they are treading water because they are f’ckin exhausted, but eh, that’s a disgrace as well.

Liverpool are going nowhere, they cant even beat Southampton and Burnley.

Mitigating circumstances? Nah, what are they. Rafa knew the score when he came here. He had to take the squad of rubbish he inherited and in 6 months he had to turn them into champions. He had to be in all the cups, a trip to Cardiff and the knockout stages of the champions league is NOT acceptable if they don’t win the FA cup as well.
This is Liverpool, does this Spaniard not understand that when you put rubbish players in a Liverpool shirt 1 million armchair fans EXPECT them to win the f’kin lot in his first season AND keep up with Chelsea. 5th ? An outrage, they will never catch Everton who are sweeping all before them at the minute. Oh and in the contract, Rafa did not read the small print, luck is not to be used as an excuse.

Injuries and bad decisions, all teams get them, they even themselves out over a season. It is no excuse for not doing the quadruple

We have had bad decisions go against us that could have altered the results against Spurs (A), Graz (H), Bolton (A), Birmingham (H). Mancs (A), Boro (A), Monaco (A), Chelsea (H) not to mention the jammy cross/shot last minute equaliser against Portsmouth (H) and too many goalkeeper mistakes for me to bother listing. Same for all teams, everyone gets this many bad decisions, everyone inherits two dodgy keepers.

And as for the injuries, Kirkland, Finnan, Josemi, Gerrard, Kewell, Alonso, Garcia, Smicer, Ciise, Baros, Nunez have all been out with long term injuries, what the bloody hell is he moaning about (oh that's right he isn't!), Hyppia, riise and carragher have been fit all season.

And morientes and pelligrono have been here a week now, what the hell is going on, they are simply not good enough, they have had plenty of time to settle in, they are simply not good enough to wear the Liverpool shirt.

No strikers? So what, Owen ? who is he ? And Ciise, he only cost £14 million, we can replace him easily. Baros out for a month as well, no problem. Any manager worth his salt could win the league with pongolle and mellor up front. Anyway, mori has been here a week now, so its no excuse

Forget all the good performances this season when we have had nearly (we've never had everyone fully fit) a full strength team, forget the period when the players legs had not gone because the only fit ones remaining had to play till they dropped or play with injuries.

Its all irrelevant, judgment has been passed, he has had enough time now, 6 months and we are out of the FA cup and 7 points off everton. Sack him now and bring Dalglish back.

He has turned Houlliers team into this load of rubbish, he has bought loads of Spaniards when English players who were just as good were available at exactly the same money. He has spent £26 million and all he has given us is Alonso, Morientes, Garcia, Nunez, Josemi and pelligrono. We could have had wayne rooney for that, or Didier drogba.

No not good enough, not good enough for Liverpool FC, every single one of us on this forum would of done better with them injuries, decisions and with £26 million to spend.

Because we are all f’ckin experts aren’t we, sack him and get bill from berkshire, tom for torquay or robert from reading in. I am sure 606 will still have their contact numbers. They can turn us into champions by the summer, 6 months, no problem

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
DeJackal said:
Would he start for Man Utd or Chelsea? no.
Who in Man U is going to bench him? :confused: The strong midfield of Chelsea ia harder to crack but its arguable that he could start.

Josemi is ok for the money spent. Luis Garcia, I was happy when he left Barcelona, not one of my favorites and Nuñez sucks.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
barça said:
Who in Man U is going to bench him? :confused: The strong midfield of Chelsea ia harder to crack but its arguable that he could start.

Josemi is ok for the money spent. Luis Garcia, I was happy when he left Barcelona, not one of my favorites and Nuñez sucks.
even if Luis Garcia isn't world class player he is a very good player.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
barça said:

With the form Scholes and Keane are showing it is debatable BUT Alonso would surely walk into their team especially with the formation they are currently playing, Alonso would also walk into Chelseas team he's better then Makelele, Tiago and Fat Frank :yuck:

Morientes would also walk into both of their teams. Garcia hasn't lived up to his potential but Benitez's other signings have just been squad players so I don't know why everyones complaining because they have done a job when called upon.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I was wondering, when Rafa signed LG, did he say LG was the creative force we've been lacking, the flair we've been missing, the final piece of the jigsaw?

I think he bought LG because he thinks LG is good enough to fit into his style of play.

If LG was brought in as our first choice RM, or AM, then how come we don't see Rafa coming out and singing praises, or defending LG a lot for the stick that he's been getting?

I don't see LG as a key player in the squad. Maybe in the early parts of the season, with him being a diff type of attacking midfielder than we've seen in the past 4-5 seasons here, it was a breath of fresh and fresh illusion of some sort. After he's settled and displayed his bad qualities to all of us then his reputation and good impression dwindled a bit. I admit I may have been a little excited over him early on.

However, the point I am trying to make is that thruought the season so far, Rafa has yet to come up and publicly announce that LG plays a key role in his formation and tactics, instead he just keeps mentioning LG's good qualities, and tries to defend LG a little when necessary. At the same time we hear Rafa being interested in the likes of Ruutledge, SWP, Aimar and a few other wingers/attacking midfielders.

I think LG might just be a player to add to the depth of the squad in the future, and while waiting for the first choice RM/AM, serves as a short term replacement until that RM/AM comes by. After that, he will a useful back-up to the squad.

What this has to do with the thread is that I'm trying to push the POV that LG was probably not bought to be a main player in the team, thus does not have to be the Reyes of Liverpool and live up to high expectations. What's wrong with having a 6 million pound substitute on the bench? Chelsea does it, the Mancs do it, and so has Arsenal.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Xabi would play in Fletchers place, and he would be superb. However with 1 up top, Fergie would never start Mori ahead of Ruud.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Drito said:
Xabi would play in Fletchers place, and he would be superb. However with 1 up top, Fergie would never start Mori ahead of Ruud.
When was the last time Ruud was fit?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts