Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to have missed this one! Article is dated 20th May!

BENI HEADS FOR THE HILLS OF HOME

Benito Carbone looks set to return to Italy after he rejected Aston Villa’s advances and turned down a three-year contract that would have earned him in excess of £4million.
Contradictory reports have suggested that Carbone will sit down this week and re-open talks with the Italian looking to remain in Birmingham.

However, it now looks certain that the FA Cup final defeat at Wembley will be Carbone's last appearance for Villa as his rejection of the multi-million pound deal looks like ending his on-off transfer saga.

The 29 year-old moved to Villa Park in October on a short-term contract from Sheffield Wednesday, with the view to a long-term permanent deal. However, negotiations have constantly stalled and have now resulted in the rejection of an offer that looks almost certain to be Villa’s last.

Even though he has warmed to the club and become a huge hit with the fans, he has recently expressed a strong desire to return to his homeland and also revealed that his wife and son have failed to settle in England.

He said: “My family always be my number one priority. My wife has said that if I am happy to stay in England, she will stay with me. But, I know she is not happy and it is important for me to put that right.”

Italian clubs Fiorentina and Parma are watching Carbone's situation and Spurs manager George Graham will be ready to pounce if the former Inter star decides to change his mind and stay on these shores.

Seems that he doesn't love B'ham so much after all!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts