Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my fellow Benfiquistas - today's 3-2 loss to Belenenses pretty much sealed our fate this season. They totally deserved this loss; and even though they looked as if though they had managed to salvage the tie after Maniche's goal, they wouldn't have even deserved the single point.

The only thing left to play for at this point is a CL spot (2nd place). They just have to win the last 4 games and hope Sporting & Porto self-destruct.

I'm bumming right now. www.benficacentral.com will have the gory details tomorrow.

I think I need a Super Bock :(

Forca Benfica!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Well to say we played badly is putting it nicely. And it is a shame that the worlds biggest franguiero BOSSIO cant catch a ball to save his life because I think we would still be in their if it wasnt for him.
I throughout the season have criticised Gomes but although I still think he is not up to international standard has turned in to benfica's best outfield player and has even been more consistent than sabry. To day I thought he was the best player as he has been for the last 3 or 4 games
Finally I know we didnt have any strikers when sabry got injured but surely ronaldo must have been the worst choice to play up front. Macharidi could have gone into midfield with ronaldo in defence and a midfiled player could have gone up front.

S

·
0 Posts
How was sabry that game?
wAs he really injured? IS it serious??
That means he won't be able to play Egypt's next game in the qualifiers

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Your destiny lies in a useless tournament known as the UEFA Cup. Sorry guys! There is always next year.....

P.S. I think Bossio looks like an alien...anyone agree with me....

R

·
0 Posts
How bad is the Sabry injury? Will he play the next match? Please respond in detail!
Ramses II

------------------
Ramses II
...Go Sabry

S

·
0 Posts
Razor please can u answer my question posted before about Sabry's injury
Is it a serious one?

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Super_natural & Ramses II

I don't know Sabry's status just yet. I haven't been able to get on the Record's site or OJogo's either. I'm going to keep trying, though. I'll update www.benficacentral.com and post whatever I find in this post later on today.

If he was seriously hurt, though, www.abola.pt & www.infodesporto.pt would have said something - neither did. I think he'll be OK.

Who does Egypt play - is it next week?

S

·
0 Posts
Thank you Razor for your help
Egypt is playing against Mauritus on 21st and 23rd, it's not a difficult match, but Everyone is looking forward to see SAbry play with the national team after the achievements his did in the last four matched
Keep us updated and thank you

·
International
5,629 Posts
:( :(

SLB Nuno Gomes has been Benfica's most consistent player! Sure Sabry has injected Benfica with energy and playmaking, but Nuno has done his job quietly all year, and if we had Sabry from the beginning he would have had 30 goals!

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RedEagle - Where have you been brother!? Welcome back!

What do you think about all the Nuno Gomes to AS Roma rumors?

·
International
5,629 Posts
Razor, I felt invigorated by that Sporting tie against Leiria and decided to go the Bahamas to spend the week...I forgot about everything except the Bahama Mamas and the Cohibas (cuban cigars)...needless to say I get back yesterday and the stock market has crashed :( Benfica has Crashed :( and my golf game stayed south :(! At least the Devils took a 2-0 over the panthers.

Back to futebol...I am happy that Nuno is getting attention. As you know I have been supporting this guy all year. He would do well in Roma, especially with Nakata feeding him. I think he will prove himself in Euro and will really garner much more attention though!

------------------
Viva o Benfica!

R

·
0 Posts
Thanks razor for the info on Sabry. Please keep us posted if u have any new info.

------------------
Ramses II
...Go Sabry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts