Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Benfica vs Rosenborg

Thursday, 21:15 PT time (TVI)

Next thursday will be a special night for our «Glorioso». This game will be our 250th game in european competitions.
The expectations for this game are quite high, about 40 000 tickets were sold until last night, so a full house or something close, is almost sure.
I think Camacho will play our best 11, since the results of the team that played against Nacional were extremely poor.
My prediction:

Moreira,
Miguel, Ricardo Rocha, Argel, Fyssas
Petit, Tiago
Simão, Geovanni (I'd prefer João Pereira)
Nuno Gomes, Sokota

Força Benfica vence por nós!

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FT: 1-0

Attendeance: 47111

We played a terrible first half but managed to do better in the second period.
Still we wasted too many chances. Simply incredible!
I think we might go through, we have an average of 2 goals in away games, so if we score there early, the game is won.
Congratulations to Rosenborg, they weren't brilliant, so wasn't Benfica, but they showed that they have dangerous players and are obviously a good team.
See you next week! ;)

·
Administrator
24,948 Posts
joao pereira made a low cross from the right to nuno gomes, who assited za...za was right in front of the net and made a strong shot :D good goal;)

great move from the 3 players :howler:

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Congrats to Benfica....Rosenborg is not an easy team to beat...but you could have used another goal!

Good luck in the next game....;)

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NZS said:
ZAHOVIC SCORED :happy: :thumbsup: :happy: How was his goal? Can someone please tell me??
Sorry to give you bad news, but most papers say that the goal was scored by the worst player in the pitch.
I disagree, Geovanni was far worse.

·
Administrator
24,948 Posts
geovanni and armando, but armando did the usual

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Rosenborg ratings for the game
by portuguese 24 horas

E Johnsen 8
Basma 4
Hoftun 6
Riseth 8
Stansaas 4
Winses 4
O Berg 8
Storflor 4
F Johnsen 6
Brattbak 4
Karadas 4

subs Solll 4
Enerly 2

Coach
Dia By Rise 4

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Benfica

Moreira 8
Miguel 8
Argel 6
Ricardo Rocha 6
Armando 6
Petit 8
Tiago 6
Geovanni 2
Zahovic 6
Simao 6
Nuno Gomes 4

subs
Joao Pereira 8 - voted the best player of the game

Manuel Fernandes 4
Alex Nr

coach Camacho 6
referee Paul Allaerts [Belgium] 8

attendance 47,111

·
Administrator
24,948 Posts
those ratings are yours?

either way, they seem to be from somene who didnt watch the game

moreira, petit, pereira, miguel , argel , tiago and geovanni i agree

nuno 4? lol he made the assist for the goal...and yes missed chances lol but he created them:D lol 4 , he was the only striker and fought like hell the entire game ...4? lol

ricardo rocha deserves more than 6, he was awesome, awesome........armando 6 ??????? lol the man did another pooor game, it gets on my nerves that a guy like thta can play for benfica...and once again ricardo had to cover his side all the time:rolleyes:

zahovic 6 ? lol he did nothing most of the game...was he there during the 1st half? didnt notice his presence...he improved a bit in the second,and yes he scored a goal, after the work from pereira and nuno...but 6 ? oh please lol

some players played like hell:D
but pereira deserves it coz he did bring a lot of believe:cool:

what i still dont understamd is why camacho alwasy benches him llol well many things i dont understamd a bout camacho anyways:rollani:

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bad news guys...
Key players Tomo Sokota and Argel are confirmed out of this game against Rosenborg.
And like bad luck rarely comes alone, Rosenborg's pitch is very muddy, so it will naturally favour the nordic style of play.
Still, i'm very confident that we will go through, specially because we play very well away.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
inacio said:
those ratings are yours?

either way, they seem to be from somene who didnt watch the game

moreira, petit, pereira, miguel , argel , tiago and geovanni i agree

nuno 4? lol he made the assist for the goal...and yes missed chances lol but he created them:D lol 4 , he was the only striker and fought like hell the entire game ...4? lol

ricardo rocha deserves more than 6, he was awesome, awesome........armando 6 ??????? lol the man did another pooor game, it gets on my nerves that a guy like thta can play for benfica...and once again ricardo had to cover his side all the time:rolleyes:

zahovic 6 ? lol he did nothing most of the game...was he there during the 1st half? didnt notice his presence...he improved a bit in the second,and yes he scored a goal, after the work from pereira and nuno...but 6 ? oh please lol

some players played like hell:D
but pereira deserves it coz he did bring a lot of believe:cool:

what i still dont understamd is why camacho alwasy benches him llol well many things i dont understamd a bout camacho anyways:rollani:
not mine
24 horas newspaper

·
Administrator
24,948 Posts
o_bEnFiQuIsTa said:
Bad news guys...
Key players Tomo Sokota and Argel are confirmed out of this game against Rosenborg.
And like bad luck rarely comes alone, Rosenborg's pitch is very muddy, so it will naturally favour the nordic style of play.
Still, i'm very confident that we will go through, specially because we play very well away.
sokota aswell???

thats bad news:(

lets hope helder and armando dont ruin it in defense and....damn sokota out is really bad...lets hope we dont go simply defending, scoring a goal is very important , lets hope it goes alright

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
So, the return leg is tonight :D What kind of a result are we looking at?? Of course we want to go through, but what do you all think is a realistic scoreline? :)

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Camacho stated that Benfica doesn't know how to play defensive, which means that we will play attacking football like we always do.
I realistically think that we will score an early goal, or at least, try to do so. Benfica has been very strong away, achieving better results than the ones achieved in our cathedral. Why? Benfica fans want the team to win all the time and when the team is not winning by the 30th minute they start whistling the players, like we did against Rosenborg.
It's true that we have been away from success for quite a long time, but Benfica supporters are still very demanding.
Rosenborg won't surely play that deffensive football they played in our stadium and that will be a good thing, since we have very fast players who will probably make the difference in quick counter-attacks.
With all due respect to Rosenborg and their fans, i think that we will go through tonight.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
:happy: I hope we go through too ;) Would be a bonus if Zahovic could set up a goal or even score one ;) Hopefully he plays much better than the previous leg :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts