Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's say you're sitting on a train, or a bus, or a tram - some form of public transport, it doesn't really matter - and someone walks up to you, before getting off, and drops off a piece of paper on to your lap, and you unfurl the note, and reading it, it says "hey, just noticed you from across the aisle, I think you're really attractive..." Would that make you feel -

A) Flattered
B) Warm and fuzzy inside
C) Kinda creeped out

Anyway, Pep's teams are known for being poor away from home in the CL, Benfica will hope this trend continues.

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
can be all 3 jeffy...depends on who leaves it, and how it leaves it...the text itself is nice, but the previous factors can determine the outcome

a bit like the match with bayern...anything can happen:D although of coz our chances are again slim, i hope the team pulls a good game, give their best and make us all proud :proud:

besides jonas, there are rumours gaitan may be missing the match aswell ( injury)....lets hope its just rumours

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
And the game is about to start

Rui Vitoria has chosen the following starting line.up:

Ederson
André Almeida , Lindelöf, Jardel,Eliseu
Fejsa ,Renato Sanches
Salvio ,Pizzi ,Carcela
Raúl Jiménez

on the bench we have: Guedes, Paulo Lopes, Luisão, Nélson Semedo, Jovic, Samaris and Talisca

i'm very surprised that mitroglou isnt even on the bench , knew about jonas and gaitan being unavailable, but mitro aswell? ffs its insane

lets give it our best tonight Benfica!!

FORÇA BENFICA!!!!

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
was about to start when i posted;) i'm going to focus on the game now, on tv :pp: still in shock that mitro isnt available either :D

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
GOLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BENFICAAAA!!!!!

JIMENEZZZ!!!!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
missed the 2-0 , sooo close...and damn vidal, scored again that bastard!

benfica will fight to win this game, lets go men!!!!

ps. yes rez, everson saves the goal and thne nobody to stop that shot from outside the box from vidal, but lets face it.,..evne so, how many times those shots turn into goal? i think vidal had 2 better chances tbh, one earlier in the game and another after the goal, crazy game rez, as if it wanst enough the difference between both teams we are lacking 3 starters, so im so proud of the way the team is actually trying to win it, so proud

BENFICAAAAA!!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
martinez should have been red carded, rui vitoria is expelled and TALISCA SCORES GOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

VAMOS BENFICAAAAAA COME ON., COME ON !!!!!!!

FORÇAAAAAA!!!!

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
2-2 after losing 1-0 away...agaisnt bayern and tonight, no mitro, no jonas, no gaitan.....what can i say? eliminated 3-2 on aggregate

if jimenez scores the 2-0 could it be a game changer? could of coz, but bayern also missed chances, so in the end the strongest team made it, as expected

thank u to the players, thank u to the fans, thank you to rui....these players gave their best tonight, and like in the previous leg, made me proud :proud:

FORÇA BENFICA!

·
Registered
928 Posts
2-2 after losing 1-0 away...agaisnt bayern and tonight, no mitro, no jonas, no gaitan.....what can i say? eliminated 3-2 on aggregate

if jimenez scores the 2-0 could it be a game changer? could of coz, but bayern also missed chances, so in the end the strongest team made it, as expected

thank u to the players, thank u to the fans, thank you to rui....these players gave their best tonight, and like in the previous leg, made me proud :proud:

FORÇA BENFICA!
Well put.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Not sure why we didn't see Mitro, and in hindsight playing Toto over Guedes still bothers me. But overall we know Bayern had the better chances. Vidal was a killer.

I think we'd have a much better chance with two of our better players, whose absence fixed us to experiment. Ref was poor as well.

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
Without Boateng, Bayern's defensive line is too vulnerable to lift the European Cup. Benfica played without Gaitan, Jonas, and Mitroglou in attack. The drop in quality from those players is pretty dramatic. By the end of the match, they had two players on the field who played on their B team last weekend. For the entire match, they never broke from playing a tight defensive shell. And yet, they scored two goals and got Javi Martinez in a position where he could have gotten a straight red.

I expect they will get City because TV will like seeing Pep manage vs his new team.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts