Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Aimar was the difference maker, but Reyes was MOM. Reyes play is slowly building.

Sinei was a monster.

Great win. Momentum is building.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Team is starting to jell, and we got a few players coming back from injury. Suazo'll be important, but Aimar's return is what we needed.

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
I'll give Sidnei MOM, but Aimar & Reyes were terrific. From a selecao point of view, Im worried about Veloso. He has looked terrible for months. Carlos Martins is reminding me of Maniche @ Porto.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Well played by Quique with a strenghtened midfield for this match. Rúben Amorim is a very nice player and can be absolutely key in the tougher encounters. Didn't understand his substitution although Katsouranis never compromised.

There's no doubt in my mind that a very strong team is on the making. Question is how long it will take.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Well played by Quique with a strenghtened midfield for this match. Rúben Amorim is a very nice player and can be absolutely key in the tougher encounters. Didn't understand his substitution although Katsouranis never compromised.

There's no doubt in my mind that a very strong team is on the making. Question is how long it will take.
I disagree. I think once Katso came on, Yebda's play improved greatly, adding to the dynamic leading to Aimar's inclusion.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
What a shot by Reyes!!!!!:strong:

Sidney was a monster.:thumbsup:

·
Administrator
25,375 Posts
awesome:D

we did lack some consistency in the midfield at some point (mainly during the 1st half, kats brought more of it in the 2nd half, just like what happenned last week when we faced paços), but what an improvement we showed today!

we saw a huge yebda, a huge sidnei, a huge quim , a great aimar at last, a great reyes ( what a goal!)and overall a very pleasant to watch benfica. there is still some improvement to make regarding retaining the ball a bit more ( we still rush a bit), but im sure we'll be getting there

one thing i have to give to quique: the man is not affraid to make subs when needed , he doesnt wait until the end of the game or until we are loosing, thats something im all for it and im glad that he does it

on sporting's side, rochemback was massive tonight imo and i dont get why did paulo bento subbed out postiga. He was playing well and bringing danger to our side, unlike yannick, or later on derlei / liedson

and i agree, veloso played terribly

·
Administrator
25,375 Posts
Game over and looks like we're tied for third fellas.

do post away as I'm tired of talking to myself.
thank u for opening the thread and giving the reports:D

againstt all odds was able to watch the game , and appart from a couple of us, the restaurant was packed with lagartos...double joy:D

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
As always, Sporting had tons and tons of calls in their favor. Moutinho should've been sent off, Polga made a clear hand ball, etc. Nothing new there.

I thought the two young CBs were tremendous, obviously Sidnei got the goal and takes the acclaim but as a pairing the were great. Neutralized Djalo's speed while also taking care of Postiga's ability to hold the ball up.

Yebda started poor in the first 15 minutes then he had the best performance I've seen him have as a Benfica player. He took over the midfield and even appeared in some dangerous situations on the right flank. Great game from him.

Good win guys, my dad enjoyed this one but wasn't fully confident until the second one went in, then it was smooth sailing. Congrats.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Who wants a laugh?

From Sporting's official website:

O FUTEBOL TEM DESTAS COISAS

Dois lances de bola parada ditaram um resultado injusto (0-2), já que a equipa que foi sempre superior saiu do relvado sem qualquer ponto, perante um adversário que passou 90 minutos a chutar a bola para a frente.»
:howler:

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Who wants a laugh?

From Sporting's official website:

:howler:
I would expect something like that coming from Porto's direction, not Sporting.

Good thing that we all saw the game, Nuno could have scored right in the begining too....

What matters is winning against the small teams, Benfica did well yesterday and beat Sporting to help the " beat the small teams" cause. :ass:

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
:howler::howler:

·
Administrator
25,375 Posts
at least that comes from the sporting official site, bias is expected, and the green ones arent known for taking lightly a beating from us reds

but how about the A Bola writing that miguel veloso was sportings best player???????? :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts