Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any rumuors about the new striker benfica will sign???

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know this will sound crazy to Egyptian fans following this forum, probably not to Portugese fans though...

I think one of the best choices is to buy Hazem Emam from De Graafscap in Holland! This guy is an amazing talent, (if u like Sabry, you'll go crazy about this one). The two play SUPERBLY together. They have absolute understanding of one another and unbelievable compatibility...together they terrorize any defence in the world...ask Mexico, Bolivia, Belgium, Croatia, S Africa, Cameroon and Bulgaria!

I wish there was a way I could get this word to the Benfica management...I totally see this as an explosive combination.

------------------
Ramses II
...Go Sabry

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
And why is it crazy Ramses ?? Hazem is an excellent player.. Zacheroni (Spelling?) Said in a short time Hazem will be one of the best.. He used to coach him at Udinese, and I think both players can double their production if they play together.. What makes me go crazy is the Udinese management !! Cant they just sell him, why are they keeping him and loaning him if he doesnt get to play with Udinese ?? Idiots

BTW one goal I enjoy watching most is the Bulgaria goal by Hazem when Egypt won 3-1.. Do you remember it ??

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
It's great to have you guys back!

What happened to Farouk going to Lisbon for a physical? Did that ever happen?

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
I dont know but all I know from Egypt is, the guy isnt playing with his club now (last 2 matches only).. Some people say he has University Exams (he is very young) some people say he is injured and some people say he had a fight with the German coach.. I dont know who to believe.. Oh yeah I also heard he got an offer from a Turkish club, Ramses do you know anything about it???

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
And about the Benfica offer he got one but I dont know how it came out, because I just read in a Weekly Egyptian Magazine an interview with him and he clearly indicated that Benfica are willing to sign him up.. Sabry did the initial negotiations but I dont know what happened after that..

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
No offence to egypt or any other country but id prefer a portuguese based team with 3 or 4 foreigners if not less if possible but I think Mr Heynckes is trying to create a UN 11. What about hugo costa who has been excellent in toulon or even miguel or paulo costa i know porto might not let him go but how about tonel and how about the players we already have verrisimo, sergio nunes, ramires, maniche, ribeiro or even if possible try to re-sign candido and what about paulo bento???
I think senhor Heynckes has a problem with the portuguese :(

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
I agree SLB, I know it doesnt sound good.. And whenver we get a foriegn player in the club I support in Egypt I dont like it, because even if he isnt better than the local player he gets a better chance of playing.. A 95% portuguese team would be better but the problem is other teams like Barca, Real, Manchester wouldnt do that and thats why they win most tournaments, because they dont have a 95% Spanish team, English team e.t.c... look at Real and Barca for example how many foreigners ?? If Europe started together and the rule was, keep only 3 foreigners then every team would have an equal chance of winning a major competition but it will never happen..At least not soon

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good point Sabry, in the past Portuguese teams, Romanian, Yugoslav and Swedish teams have won European trophies. I can hardly see this happening as often in the future, but I'm glad that at least Galatasaray won this years UEFA Cup.

------------------
FROM DA UK PORTISTA
VIVA O PORTO!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To Razor, you are more than welcome, this is becoming one of my favorite forums, people are very nice here...I just wish they post on our board sometimes, when it comes to Sabry! We would love to have some Benfica fans posting their opinion....

------------------
Ramses II
...Go Sabry

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And top Razor, Sabry and SLB, I think the deal with M Farouk is still on, it is just postponed after the Euro games. Everything is, I guess. But I still beleive that Emam and Sabry in any teamin the world is an explosive combination, I wish I can see them play together....

------------------
Ramses II
...Go Sabry

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
..and to SLb, Sabry and Dani, I have to disagree (no offense) with you about the foreigners' issue. I totally believe that foreigners add to the strength of the team, evenif they are of the same level as the locals. It adds competition too, besides a foreigner is always trying to stay on the edge, very focussed, in order to stay with the team. History has taught us the same...Turkey is the latest example, they are getting better 3 years after opening up for foreign players...Egypt had its best shot at African Club competitions only when it was open to foreigners, and most of these transfered to top European teams later on. Italy, Spain, etc...the list goes on.

------------------
Ramses II
...Go Sabry

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I do agree that some foreigners add quality but in benfica's case most dont and I also know most of you wont agree but id prefer a to buy a portuguese player of less quality.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts