Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there still any hope for Benfica. Well i am from Slovenia, and dont know how many games are left. Since you are about 10 points behind, is it relly over. Well i hope it is not. Couse i think form is better and better. :confused: :sweeteye: :hopefull: :crazy:

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
We're five points behind with practically an entire half of the season to go. We're more than just alive! Thanks for asking:)

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
There's still 15 games left, so plenty of chances to win. :)

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
1 Sporting 40
2 Boavista 39
3 Benfica 35
4 U. Leiria 34
5 FC Porto 33
6 Marítimo 29

We are going to play the 3rd match of the 2nd round. Benfica at Setúbal

M

·
0 Posts
We are still alive but i think Sporting will win it anyway. Why? following Zahovic i assume.
Oh and congradulations on Slovenia reaching the World cup its a tremendous achievement and i hope you continue to defy all your critics.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Yes we will be champions :stuckup: :nervous: :smileani:

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
As well coached and organized as Pacheco runs Boavista, losing Petit for about two months is the worst thing that could possibly happen to that club. As much as I like them, I think playing without their best player at home and in the CL will take its toll on the club in both competitions. I expect them to fade.

Porto has already begun a freefall that even Mourinho shouldn't be able to save them from. Wisely from a PR standpoint, he has already publicly said that he's targeting the capeo in 2003 (looks like a star if they somehow won this season - he's no dummy).

Sporting is still the team to beat, but they can be had; and it's all because of Jardel. The fact is that as much as Scolari can't stand the guy, he has few other options. Ronaldinho and Ronaldo are both struggling with fitness and although there are probably a dozen or so strikers playing in Brasil that I'd personally start over Mario; he'd be hard-pressed not to call up a guy on a 40-goal pace. Jardel's already said that he'd leave Sporting in a second for any Brasil friendly should he get the call. As good as Sporting is defensively, Jardel is the straw that stirs the drink. No Jardel, no goals - period.

As for Leiria - they've been a great story; sort of like Braga two years ago; but Mourinho was a big part of that success IMO. They may win some more games, but I think they'll fall back a bit as the Spring goes on and finish around 6th place.

BOTTOM LINE: If we take care of our own business, we are definitely in a position to win the title.

FORCA BENFICA!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
15 games is enough and 5 points is a a win and a draw. Well I think Benfica should be or better is nr. 1 in portugal. We all agree, dont we.:cool: :D :cool:

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Sure we do! :smileani: :proud:
Benfica rules the world! :cool: :star:

BTW: I was deeply shocked when I came back from holiday and had to read about Porto having appointed Mourinho as manager. :( :yuck:
Seems like we'll keep Jesualdo in charge next season as well. Whatever, he does a good job so far IMO (sure, as he gave Pepa some first team experience :happy: ;) ). :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
We are tied for third spot and there is alot of games to play, so benfica still have a great chance to win the league.I like our chances lets hope sporting slip up in a few games.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
listen lucky me you got any connections to Vale Azevedo guy?LOL:)

LUCKY ME said:
We are tied for third spot and there is alot of games to play, so benfica still have a great chance to win the league.I like our chances lets hope sporting slip up in a few games.

You can say you are a DREAMER but your not the only(SLB) one.....

:D

M

·
0 Posts
Benfica can only play for europe now and build a championship winning team for next season. Sporting just dont look like slipping up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts