·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nuno Gomes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:proud::proud:

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
First of all let me say i was so so happy to see Nuno playing and scoring :proud: beautiful moment really and he deserves it.

I wish Jesus would give him a chance more often. Not saying starting a game or anything like that, but there are plenty of occasions in which his experience, his charisma and his knowledge of what this club is all about come in hand.

It was heartbreaking seeing the hunger with which he stepped into the pitch tonight and his utter joy ( and his team mates) when he scored.
i'm not affraid to admit that my eyes got a bit watery :D

its also moments like these that make a big club, and I hope Jesus understands it.

Anyways, overall very entertaining game , with both teams playing very open and shooting on target several times.

some massive defenses from Naval's goalie, and both teams hitting the bar on occasion, with roberto showing that after a very shaky and doubtful start he can be trusted

4-0 was heavy, since Naval did deserve to score aswell, but its football, and we did miss plenty of goals aswell

very good game from salvio ( classy classy crosses :star:), aimar was on fire and it was a shame that he didnt manage to score one of his many good attempts, saviola had a very decent game, and gaitan scored 2 goals and worked hard

coentrão had probably his worst game so far this season, but it can happen to the best, and im sure he'll be back in full strengh next game

there are still issues to address regarding our defense system , because it looked shaky again, both by displaying some difficulties holding the ball in the midfield, and by being unable to stop carlitos on the left side

On the Naval side, massive game from the goalie Salin , and Carlitos also stood out, namely by hitting the bar twice. Fábio Junior was also pretty active

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Amazing cross from Salvio on Gaitan goal there, all he had to do is put his foot it, not even kick it.. perfect.

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
Nuno dedicating his goal to his father, recently deceased

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't understand why Jesus doesn't use Nuno Gomes more?:confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts