Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
42,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After losing the away match, important to secure all three points here to secure your progression to the round of 16.

·
Administrator
25,359 Posts
yes yes jeff, its very important to win tonight to make sure we get it controlled

after a win tonight, we would "only need" a draw in astana, and could seat back waiting for atletico home

but we need to play our best, not the crap performance we put out in turkey

·
Registered
928 Posts
yes yes jeff, its very important to win tonight to make sure we get it controlled

after a win tonight, we would "only need" a draw in astana, and could seat beack waiting for atletico home

but we need to play our best, not the crap performance we put out in turkey
Im worried about our defence. Like last game, we will create chances.

·
Administrator
25,359 Posts
players called by Rui Vitoria:

Goalies: Júlio César , Éderson.

Defense: Lisandro López, Luisão, Lindelof, Eliseu, Sílvio, Jardel , André Almeida.

Midfield: Nico Gaitán, Guedes, Pizzi, Taarabt, Cristante, Talisca, Carcela, Renato Sanches , João Teixeira.

Forwards: Raúl Jiménez ,Jonas

·
Administrator
25,359 Posts
I have a feeling we may see Taarabt in this game.
taarabt?...only as a sub eventually...i mean, its a very important game, and he hasnt played yet....

as for our defense, terrible yes...specially luisão has been a disaster, but i doubt he will sub him out, tbh i liked what i saw of lisandro so far this season....wonder if he will give him a chance

andre almleida playing yet again next to samaris is something i hope we dont see, its been a recipe for disaster

but trugh be said both talisca and pizzi have been underpeforming terribly...how bad is cristante?! he didnt have any playing time yet, why did we go get him at all

·
Administrator
25,359 Posts
ps. wait...samaris is injured? no samaris and no fejsa? oh damn :palm:

·
Registered
928 Posts
taarabt?...only as a sub eventually...i mean, its a very important game, and he hasnt played yet....

as for our defense, terrible yes...specially luisão has been a disaster, but i doubt he will sub him out, tbh i liked what i saw of lisandro so far this season....wonder if he will give him a chance

andre almleida playing yet again next to samaris is something i hope we dont see, its been a recipe for disaster

but trugh be said both talisca and pizzi have been underpeforming terribly...how bad is cristante?! he didnt have any playing time yet, why did we go get him at all
Im with you, I rather like Lisandro but Luisao will play the entire season out of respect for him but we are hurting on the field as a result. We are hurting at three of the four positions at the back with the injury to Semedo. Now add to that Samaris not playing and yes Im concerned about our defensive side for this game.

·
Administrator
25,359 Posts
yes yes, i respect luisão but he has to be the 1st to say he cant start anymore, he cant, hes in terrible shape....if he cant do that himself rui...and the other rui and the president...people have to have a talk with him, and respectfully bench him

its hurting us bad

and whats with fejsa?

looks like andre almeida will be our DM , with luisão on his back...and what? talisca next to him? oh man, this is not looking good

·
Registered
928 Posts
Ya if we have to play Luisao, I would actually prefer to play Lisandro or Eliseu at that position than Andre. Nothing against Andre, I just dont see him there.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
AA and Taliscas in the middle,lol....

well a realy offensive line up.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts