Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got the logistics for this game? Channel, time, etc...

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
oi :finger:

Makaay and de Guzman at the olympics while our defence has been terrible so far in the friendlies. (a 1-3 home loss to Celtic in our centenary game for example) Should be a 3 or 4 nil win for Benfica with their now star studded squad.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oi :finger:

Makaay and de Guzman at the olympics while our defence has been terrible so far in the friendlies. (a 1-3 home loss to Celtic in our centenary game for example) Should be a 3 or 4 nil win for Benfica with their now star studded squad.
Our defense has been just as dismal. Perhaps we'll see a lot fo goals then.

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Trust me, it can't be as bad as ours.

From our game against Celtic:

First Celtic goal: our CB Serginho Greene ducks out of a header which allows Samaras to walk the ball into the net

Second Celtic goal: our other CB Andre Bahia loses a header to Vennegoor after having to mark 2 Celtic attackers. Greene nowhere to be found.

THird Celtic goal: Our right back Danny Buijs plays Vennegoor onside who then proceeds to score.

Maybe I'm overreacting as I spent 30 euros to watch this game and got absolutely soaked, but surely your backline can't be as bad as ours. Our RB Danny Buijs has to be the worst player I've ever seen in a Feyenoord shirt. I can't reiterate how useless this guy is. A pub player / hack of the highest order

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would have challenged that statement just a few days ago, but as of yesterday we sent Luis Felipe packing, so you may indeed have the worst RB between us. However, Maxi Pereira doesn't exactly insue confidence either.

Our center backs are good players, but they've been doign their best Chaplin impression of tripping over their own feet in preseason. Hopefully they've ironed that out and figured a way of tying their shoelaces in a way that it keeps each set of shoe laces tied to its respective boot.

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
This is gonna be our starting line-up

Timmer

Greene - Vlaar - Bahia - De Cler

Denny ****ing Landzaat
Fer - van Bronckhorst
Bruins

Mols - Tomasson​

Bahia and Greene :scared: and yeah it's the almost 40 year old Michael Mols lol , probably our best player in our also friendly against Dortmund. Says it all doesn't it?

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
How is Tomasson doing by the way?

About a 3-0 win for us, I wouldn't be so pessimistic. This is a completely renewed Benfica and we will need time to make a team out of these players. Plus Quique has been using the pre-season games for all sorts of tests...

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
He was injured for the Celtic and Dortmund friendlies, so he's only played in 2 games against amateur sides I haven't seen. Apparently Tomasson and Makaay combined really well in one of them but then again Makaay isn't there tomorrow while it obviously was only against an amateur side.

I can't help but be pessimistic. Last time we faced you guys, we actually for our standards had a decent team but we (or rather Kees van Wonderen) pretty much got murdered by Mantorras. 2-0 I think it was. Now with this team and the form some of the players are in (Landzaat, Greene, Bahia, Bruins)..:( Just hoping we won't humiliate ourselves.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RTPi has Sporting on their schedule, so I imagine they won't air ours.

·
Registered
59,097 Posts

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
0-0 HT

How are we not trailing ? :D

luckily there's a radio broadcast here so I got Dutch commentary only like 3 or 4 seconds later than the internet feed.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good first half, despite not scoring. Team looks good on the build up, especially Urreta, who merely lacks the experience to make the final decision. But otherwise, I liked Yebda in the heart of the midfield - looks decisive and makes good decisions on his transitions forward.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
0-0 HT

How are we not trailing ? :D

luckily there's a radio broadcast here so I got Dutch commentary only like 3 or 4 seconds later than the internet feed.
Hey Feyenoord is not so bad after all.:D

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good game, I thought. Finishing seems off, but that was mostly due to bad fortune. The team looked much better than in previous games, overall.

Leo was a monster in the second half. The goal was very well played - starting with Leo getting a player out of his way, then a nice touch to Aimar, who released Cardozo for the finish.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts