Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
42,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought this was interesting. On the 21st August, earlier this month, Benfica de Macau recorded a 2-1 victory against Rovers FC of Guam, in the AFC Cup play off qualifier. It was the first victory ever for a Macanese club in AFC competition.

Two days later they were defeated 2-1 by Kyrgyz side Dordoi Bishkek, but still._.congrats to them.

On their wiki page it says they're coached by Paolo Bento :D

·
Registered
57,116 Posts
found this: "Guam, East Timor, Cambodia, Chinese Taipei and Brunei were allocated one qualifying round slot, but did not enter a team."

which is strange given that Guam actually had that Rovers team losing against Benfica Macau

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
that's awesome. I am planning to visit Macau in January. must see a match of them if possible.

btw, you know about Timor-Leste teams in AFC cups?

I read that a Sport Laulara e Benfica is their current champion :)
are u serious? that is awesome:D

i still get the chills recalling the timorese support during the euro, when u see their friendship ( even now with the fires), u realise that at least u must have done something good sometime to win the heart of such an amazing people as they are

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
Thought this was interesting. On the 21st August, earlier this month, Benfica de Macau recorded a 2-1 victory against Rovers FC of Guam, in the AFC Cup play off qualifier. It was the first victory ever for a Macanese club in AFC competition.

Two days later they were defeated 2-1 by Kyrgyz side Dordoi Bishkek, but still._.congrats to them.

On their wiki page it says they're coached by Paolo Bento :D
paulo bento? already fired from olympiakos?:D

·
Registered
57,116 Posts
are u serious? that is awesome:D

i still get the chills recalling the timorese support during the euro, when u see their friendship ( even now with the fires), u realise that at least u must have done something good sometime to win the heart of such an amazing people as they are
Timorese league is called Liga Amadora, there are teams named Académica, FC Porto and Benfica :proud:

·
Registered
57,116 Posts
just booked my flight to Macau. will be there 2nd half of January for a week. no infos on schedule for Liga de Elite de Macau :))) but based on schedules from previous years, seasons there usually start around Janeiro 15 so I have a fair chance to see a Benfica match. if I'm super lucky the "derby" Benfica vs Sporting :)

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
polícia :howler:

seeing that pavement portuguese style abroad is something so special :proud:

ps. i just had lunch but.....:lick: :D arroz de pato if well cooked is always a winner and that looks like the mozambique grilled chickcen right? think they call it zambeze chicken? its so good:D

·
Registered
57,116 Posts
so, back from the place. never again will I go in lunar new year's week though, because no Liga de Elite games :mad:

anyway, at least I made a couple of fotos of the place I thought I share some with you

love the old school portuguese number plates

·
Registered
57,116 Posts
Largo do Leal Senado who got its name from the loyalty to Portugal, by refusing any Spanish authorities 1580 to 1640 :proud:

his divine excellence of poetry himself resided in this very place where that statue stands

sample of Macanese food as an exhibit in Museu de Macau

1 - 20 of 35 Posts