Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last time they tried to get him was in 2006 and here they are back again. I'm hoping he makes the same decision this time around. He has an amazing eye for talent which has been pretty useful at ManU, would hate to see him leave.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
He's a brilliant coach, not a manager.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Why would you care if it would hurt ManU?

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Well you don't need to worry about that, absolutely no chance of Carlos leaving.

Pretty obvious he's being primed to be given a crack at the job in a few years time when Ferguson calls it a day and I doubt he would want to scupper that opportunity by running off to another club again. He's hardly old so he's got quite a lot of time left later for things like Benfica should things not work out at United.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Why would you care if it would hurt ManU?
This may be a stab in the dark, but I think it might be because he supports Utd too.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Yep - I was just having difficulty coming to grips with how easily loyalties are sold these days... my problem, I guess.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
How long have you been a ManUtd fan? Serious question.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well you don't need to worry about that, absolutely no chance of Carlos leaving.

Pretty obvious he's being primed to be given a crack at the job in a few years time when Ferguson calls it a day and I doubt he would want to scupper that opportunity by running off to another club again. He's hardly old so he's got quite a lot of time left later for things like Benfica should things not work out at United.

I was thinking the same thing. Although I have questions as to if this is a good idea or not, he doesn't exactly have the best track record as a manager. Fired from Real Madrid, random spattering of national team jobs, coached in the U.S. for a bit which isn't exactly prestigious. He did do a good job in S. Africa though and it is said that he was told to do things at Real that he didn't want. If SAF likes him, you cannot argue with it, and seeing as how he has been with us a number of years now that seems to be the case.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Well to better answer your question I'll direct you to a post of mine from about last month.

O Glorioso said:
Well there is an obvious resemblance to Benfica being that we're both red devils. I also would occasionally catch Manchester United on the television for some league games and quite a lot of UCL matches.

However, the defining moment for me was going to see them play when they came over on the U.S tour back in 2003 I believe. I went to the match at Giants Stadium where we packed the house breaking the attendance record for a football match at the stadium with over 75,000 people. I watched as we cruised past Juventus playing attractive football. I saw the passion of the United supporters who came from England and felt it throughout the stadium that night as Juve's supporters were pretty much no where to be found in the sold out stadium.

Ruud was massive that night along with Veron :dielaugh: Forlan was probably the only low point of the match because he missed a sitter. It was also Timmy Howard's debut and what a show he put on for us.

Ever since then, I've been an avid supporter and of course I never favored the likes of Arsenal or Liverpool. Then Cristiano came on and further solidified my allegiance ;)
I didn't mind Chelsea for a year considering the Portuguese invasion with Mourinho, Carvalho, Ferreira and Tiago and I also developed some dislike for Wenger and company. I always brushed aside Liverpool :dielaugh:, I still can't take them serious. However, that match at Giants stadium really was incredible and swayed me. I also have great respect for SAF for what he has done and continues to do.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Yeah he's not a great mananger.

He'd get us playing 4-3-3 if he was manager, shocking.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Baiting Forum Managers?

**** that for a laugh.

BTW O Glorioso I remember watching that USA Friendly in 2003 on Aussie TV, how good was Veron's pass to Ruud that night?

Outside of the foot said to the 6 yard box, took out about 6 defenders in the process, stunning.

Then he ****ed off of course :pp

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I still think that he is not good enough, if he couldn’t handle Madrid then he wont be able to handle united.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
hey manc4ever..i notice that u have removed the " Real madrid slightly" from ur teams list....any specific reason..?

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
I still think that he is not good enough, if he couldn’t handle Madrid then he wont be able to handle united.
He did alright considering he had a crap defense and was forced to play David Beckham in central midfield while not being allowed to buy any proper midfielders.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
He was never the manager of Real Madrid. Merely a puppet of the men upstairs.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts