Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I knew it all along, there was no way we were going down to those striped porcos! haha Well I missed the game, but I know Sabry scored-what a champ!!!!!

How did my man Joao Pinto play? I am certain he undressed the defence all game

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Sssssssssaaaaaaabbbbbbbrrrrrrrrryyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

http://www.fcporto-online.com

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Now please I am begging, this is an emergency, I couldnt see the Porto goal by Sabry but PLEASSSEEEEEEEEEEEE If you know any site that has todays goal against Sporting PLEASE tell me... I have to see it..

·
Registered
964 Posts
Let me tell you how Benfica played.The two or three times they got in our half they only got a free-kick , the only real chance they had they scored.There tactics from the begining to the end of a match were to fowl Acosta & Ayew every time they got the ball.
Sporting outplaying Benfica mostly all of the match hit the post in the beggining of the match with a Andre Cruz Free-kick.Yes, and it was definetly one of those matches where the far superior side lost.
But anyway congratulations on your win.
And may the best team win next time(and that team will be Sporting Clube de Portugal)

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Marcoa

Can you give me a hand?

I think I'm choking!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

------------------
Viva O Norte
Viva Porto
Viva Futebol Clube do Porto
Viva Pinto da Costa

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Benfica keeps the tradition and beats sporting in Alvalade.

Sabry replaced Joao Pinto and scored the winning goal. It was a free kick, and very well scored. Joao Pinto played OK, but missed too many passes (in my opinion). Sabry didn't enter well in the game, but the goal made up for it. I also thought that our defense played strong. And the ref. gave too many cards to the Benfica players.
At the end, I was happy that Benfica spoiled the sportingista's party.

I don’t care about what anyone has to say… BENFICA IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE THE BEST!!! AND THEY ARE SUPERIOR TO SPORTING OR ANY OTHER TEAM

Rapaziada quer se possa quer nao possa a vitoria sera nossa,
VIVA O BENFICA
Rapaziada escutem bem os que vos digo e gritem todos comigo
VIVA O BENFICA

------------------
BENFICA--Forever

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
breathe Ola! breathe Ola! wait a second...there is also a tightness in my throat...I think I....am...also.....cho...k..i..n...g... gagggggggggg.........

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

http://www.fcporto-online.com

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As a neutral observer I feel compelled to comment.The reason I am able to is that Danish television for the first time in their history (and the last if they know whats good for them) dropped a good movie to show Schmeichel win the Portuguese title or so they thought.

I have to say this is the worst game I have seen in about ten years. It was just awful. The weather, the pitch, the tactics, the passing, the tackling, the chances, everything.

In reality this game was decided because some moron in the Sporting wall had no clue what to do when you are in such a wall. When the ball is struck high you jump, you dumbass... Had he jumped as he was probably learned when he started playing football the scoreline would have reflected the events.

To say that Sporting was superior is the overstatement of the year. They created almost nothing and their finishing was the poorest I have seen in a long time. That Benfica won was on the other hand a joke as they created absolutely nothing.

The biggest joke was however the referee who was so Sporting biased it was embarresing to watch. I hope he can get a job with them as he certainly shouldn't be allowed back on the pitch again.

Should the Danish TV send another game I won't be watching for sure. My first Portuguese league game was also the last I think. As we say here when we really are disappointed with something: "Life is just too short for Portuguese Soccer" :)

·
Registered
964 Posts
Dont worry Sporting fans next season we are going to have KFE(Kentucky Fried Eagle)or may i say LFE(Lisbon fried Eagle)
WE ARE SUPERIOR
WE ARE SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
As much as I hate to admit it pinto was poor as for the far superior team won. WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS!
Sporting may have dominated but didnt create anything and benfica were dangerous on the counter attack. It should have been 2 as nuno gomes should have had a blantant penalty.
At least sporting have shut up for a week as yesterday on telejornal all the sporting fans were speaking as if they've won the championship!
Campeao campeao o sporting nao e campeao. I just couldnt help but sing the best song of the game. I just hope salguieros do the business next week.
Oh and what a performance by ronaldo, nunes, andrade and rojas our defence actually had a good game WOW!

VIVA O NORTE
VIVA O CENTRO
VIVA O SUL
VIVA SABRY
VIVA BENFICA
E VIVA PORTUGAL

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A note to Jan. Benfica ruined the match as a spectacle by their extremely negative tactics.

I don't care which teams are playing, when one team plays like that it will nver be a good game to watch.

If Sporting had played a game like that and won one nil i would have been very unhappy.

I don't care which team it is it's always bad for football when a team playing so negatively gets a win. Imagine if Argentina had won the world cup in 1990, with their disgustingly negative tactics, that's the closest analogy i can find.

A great team will impose it's own style of play on the opposition. The Liverpool or Ajax of the 1970's would never have played like that. Benfica played as if they themselves needed 1 point for the championship.

Very disappointed. Benfica has a glorious past, if you Benfica fans accept that tactics as something good YOU are saying yourselves that this doesn't matter! If you believe in the glory of Benfica you should come out and condemn the tactics employed by Heynckes. If you keep silent than you believe in the win (draw!) at any costs philosophy and the glory of Benfica will be further eroded.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sporting won almost every high ball in the Benfica box, no Benfica defender actually palyed well. The team defended in depth and got lucky it was daylight robbery. The tragedy is thet the team who played for a draw from the start got a goal from a setpiece.

You guys were saying all week that Benfica tacticallywere gonna play to win, what happened?

You would never have seen Barca, real Madrid or man U approach a game in such a negative manner where there was nothing at stake for them.

The bottom line is that Benfica aren't good enough to match Sporting in an open game of football, they had to play negatively and Heynckes knows it.

[This message has been edited by laureano (edited 07-05-2000).]

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Can someone PLEASE descibe the goal and post where to find a clip of the goal on the internet? Thanks!

------------------
Ramses II
...Go Sabry

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
goal - left footed curler into top right corner of net. Freekick about 20 yards out near right hand corner of the box. Almost perfect freekick.

BTW i watched the match at the house of 4 benfica fans. Although pleased they were embarressed with the win.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Ramses, dont worry its a hopeless case, no one knows or answers..

Anyways I heard it is a Free kick.. Thats it :(

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sabry, isn't my last post informative, what else do you want to know?

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Sorry you misunderstood me :), I already knew how the goal was scored, I needed the clip, thats what I was talking about..

Thanks anyway for the Post :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts