Xtratime Community banner

Who would you bench? (1 vote) and specify who you would play for!

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey.. after this weeks performance and even before we have constantly been criticizing the untouchable players in our team.. Raul, Zidane, Beckham, Ronaldo.. a number of these players (Captain Invisible esp) should be benched.. i mean there are players like guti, solari and owen who have been performing so well on being brought on.. i dont like the fact that all these players play every game..our manager has to take some action..i have a feeling owen is gonna start next game, as he performed well on top of which the damn english media adds pressure. I agree wid owen starting next game. jus cause i feel raul has to feel an urge to play which currently he does not. becks i donno why he's not benched.. hes the 'star' after all.. zidane and ronnie i feel shud not be benched but i've mentioned their names cuz ppl have different opinions on the topic.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
I agree with you but wonder what would happen to Madrid's lucrative international TV contracts if the Galacticos were benched.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
nikhil_realdeal said:
hey.. after this weeks performance and even before we have constantly been criticizing the untouchable players in our team.. Raul, Zidane, Beckham, Ronaldo.. a number of these players (Captain Invisible esp) should be benched.. i mean there are players like guti, solari and owen who have been performing so well on being brought on.. i dont like the fact that all these players play every game..our manager has to take some action..i have a feeling owen is gonna start next game, as he performed well on top of which the damn english media adds pressure. I agree wid owen starting next game. jus cause i feel raul has to feel an urge to play which currently he does not. becks i donno why he's not benched.. hes the 'star' after all.. zidane and ronnie i feel shud not be benched but i've mentioned their names cuz ppl have different opinions on the topic.
dude, nothing new in this thread.
different coach, same problem... perez
lux is a smart guy and the last thing he would want to do is now change the system since it seems to be working for now. no need to upset the fans or perez.
on the other hand, if we get kicked out of the CL this early, in a manner that clearly display how bad our regular untouchable players are playing, then i expect him (lux) to get his balls out of the fridge and use them to bench the players...
BTW, playing bad or not, the only player i would not bench in this list is ronaldo.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can the moderators make a poll here.. i dont know how to.. raul vs owen

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
ok i set up a poll. youve got only one vote. so think about whom you vote. also specify who would change in for him.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think is too early for thinking about benching stars.....I have a theory, the reason why the 'Galacticos' are not benched is because of the way they perform in trainings, -after all, most of the starting spots are won in trainings- players like Solari and Owen -who according to many fans are the ones that deserve the spot the most, are performing great when coming from the bench, that leads me to two conclusions: a)if the system works that way, why change it?? and b)they (Owen and Solari) don't perform as good when starting.

Rotations will happen -according to Luxa himself, because Galacticos get tired too, there will be some phase in the season where the starters won't be able to play 100%, in that phase is where the likes of Solari or Owen will fill the gaps.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
I aggree with LeonXVII. As good as Owen is coming off the bench and scoring , I don't think he'd that effective if he starts. I've always believed that he's better coming off the bench. Same goes for Solari, but he can still make an impact if he starts. Now as far as benching , I wouldn't bench anyone now that things are looking better.

·
Registered
62 Posts
They should come in earlier in the match though, maybe with 20-25 minutes to play.

About benching, I also think I wouldn't change anything, like I said, Owen and Solari perform better when coming from the bench.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
why only 1 player? what's the point of that?
i chose beckham, we can replace him with any player, even raul bravo.... (just kidding on that one).
solari should start any game ahead of beckham.

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
sagyv said:
why only 1 player? what's the point of that?
i chose beckham, we can replace him with any player, even raul bravo.... (just kidding on that one).
solari should start any game ahead of beckham.
sagyv, the point is that even Luxa wont bench a few untouchables at the same time at the moment. maybe when hes earned his respect from Perez, but in that i agree with Leon here, this is too early as Perez still has too much control over the (starting) squad. Also i want to see your final decision and hear who youd play for them.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
LaBlanca said:
sagyv, the point is that even Luxa wont bench a few untouchables at the same time at the moment. maybe when hes earned his respect from Perez, but in that i agree with Leon here, this is too early as Perez still has too much control over the (starting) squad. Also i want to see your final decision and hear who youd play for them.
my final desicion? i wrote it.
beckham = bench.
solari = play.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Ronaldo for Owen? :howler:
He's been off for a couple weeks, but he's still the top scorer.
Raul should've been benched two years ago, this guy is the only true untouchable on the team, which is stupid cause out of all the 'Galacticos' Raul has been the the worst by faaaaaaar.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I don't agree with you people who say Raul and/or Ronaldo should be benched, because Raul is the captain, and that goes beyond the armband, that means he's the one who cheer up the team, the one who tries to rise the morale of his team mates, without him the team would lose personality, Raul is Raul, he's an icon and he's very important on the field, apart from his personal performance.

About Ronnie, he's the most dangerous player of ours, he's the most feared among defenders, again, no matter how his current form -anytime he could wake up and score and play incredible, just like the Levante game when he scored two and had like 5 clear chances. He's important to the team not only because he scores, but also because he caughts defender's attention, forcing them to double-mark him, leaving spaces in the rival's defense so others can take advantage of that space.

And like I said, Owen performs much better when coming from the bench, he scores almost 1 goal everytime he's sub-in, but when he starts a match his game gets no better (several Copa del Rey games, against Numancia....)

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Zidane. The guy is not half the player he was before and hes been failing miserably and assisiting and supplying our forwards. I dont even remember the last time he had an assist for a goal. At least for Beckham you could have an argument that hes being played out of position but Zidane just has no excuse. Hes just been plain awful.

Solari for Zidane would be the best IMO.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
LeonXVII said:
I don't agree with you people who say Raul and/or Ronaldo should be benched, because Raul is the captain, and that goes beyond the armband, that means he's the one who cheer up the team, the one who tries to rise the morale of his team mates, without him the team would lose personality, Raul is Raul, he's an icon and he's very important on the field, apart from his personal performance.

About Ronnie, he's the most dangerous player of ours, he's the most feared among defenders, again, no matter how his current form -anytime he could wake up and score and play incredible, just like the Levante game when he scored two and had like 5 clear chances. He's important to the team not only because he scores, but also because he caughts defender's attention, forcing them to double-mark him, leaving spaces in the rival's defense so others can take advantage of that space.

And like I said, Owen performs much better when coming from the bench, he scores almost 1 goal everytime he's sub-in, but when he starts a match his game gets no better (several Copa del Rey games, against Numancia....)
Very well said.

I honestly dont think Rauls been playing as bad as people are making out to be. Yes hes not as spectacular or explosive as a couply of years back but hes still the hard workher he is and its not like hes messing up every pass he gets or missing sitters. For the record, Raul only has 2 goals less than Ronaldo in all competitions while being played in alot of different positions.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts