Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.one.co.il/next.asp?id=23993&Bz=0

For those who can't read the article, it basically says that Yossi Benayoun signed a 5 year deal with Santander. The Spanish club who was linked to the player several times before is expected to pay Eli Zino a fee in the region of 2 Mill. $, and although it isn't mention I assume that if Santander failed to win promotion they will loan him out to a La Liga side. What do we think?

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
I don't think this is true.

No one else exept one.co.il published that. If Benayun would of signed for Santander onther sites would of published it as well.

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Actually Maariv published it first, and we still don't have an official word from any of the involved sides, so until it is not true I won't comment on the matter.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ronen Katzav confirmed that there's an ongoing negotiation and denied that they reached an agreement. Benayoun confirmed the item in Today's Ma'ariv.

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
According to Maariv, Bachar has reached agreement with Santander and will join Benayun. Are they just trying to make headlines or what?
BTW - If Bachar indeed signs in Santander, he wouldn't be counted as a foreigner since he has a French passport.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yedioth Aharonot reports that Benayoun is supposed to fly off to Spain tomorrow together with his lawyer Dan Hai and his agent Ronen Katzav in order to close the gaps in the negotiation. Racing still haven't approved Bernayoun's expected arrival and according to reports in Spain they might not sign the contract until it's clear whether the team will play La Liga football next season or not, as they wouldn't have the financial resources to sign Benayoun if they don't get promoted. Regarding his price tag; Eli Zino estimates Benayoun's value at the region of 5 Million US $ while the player says 2 Million is enough. A likely option is that FIFA will determine the player's worth if both parties don't reach an agreement. The Spanish team as Yoav mentioned is interested in Ilan Bachar as well and 2 weeks ago their head coach missed a league game just to go and watch Bachar in action at San Siro, however no news on that so far.

·
Registered
773 Posts
According to this link: http://www.one.co.il/next.asp?id=24100&Bz=5 Benayoun is flying to Spain today to sign. If it is true I think that this is a big moment in the history of Israeli football. He is the first player to sign at such a young age, for so long ( 5 years) and is just entering the prime of his career. He could play 10 years or more in Europe if he succeeds. Good luck Yossi!!

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
We still don't have any official word from Santander, however if it is indeed true, it is great news for our football. However, Santander will only be able to sign him if they get promoted. They are currently 1 point away from promotion spot with 8 games left.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Racing is currently located in the promotion territory indeed but it's a long shot to say whether they'll get promoted in the end or not. This is how the table looks like as of now, look how tight it is:

Code:
[b]Pos Team G W D L F A GD Pt 
1 At. Madrid 35 20 7 8 56 34 22 67 
2 Xerez 35 18 7 10 37 33 4 61 
3 Racing 36 15 12 9 49 38 11 57 [/b]
4 Rec de Huelva 35 14 14 7 38 28 10 56 
5 Oviedo 35 12 18 5 33 23 10 54 
6 Albacete 35 14 9 12 38 31 7 51 
7 Elche 35 13 11 11 42 36 6 50
The first 3 win promotion in the end of the season. BTW, Racing's top goalscorer is Bodipo with 9 goals.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Hey!!! Atletico Madrid is in 1st Divsion of LA LIGA!!!!!! :eek:

I was wondering about them. I never seen them on the LA LIGA, but didn't think they get relegated!! :(

So does the Spanish Leauge, just for this year, going to relegate out of the Premeire...3 teams?

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
3 teams relegated, 3 teams promoted, it's been like that for a while.
We do have an official word now, according to Yediot Aharonot's website YNET and ONE, Benayun has indeed signed for 5 years in Santander, whether they get promoted or not does not matter.
I wish all the luck to Benayun.

According to Maariv (again), Bachar is going to Santander for medical checkups, and if he passes he will sign there as well.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
5 years!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I would agree on terms of around 2 or 3.......but why would he budge to get until 27. That im still unfamiliar with!

I hope him the best! How much would he get paid in total??!?!?!?!? 2 or 5 million dollars US??? :D

How big is Racing Stander in the LA LIGA???? They have a good fan base? Are they a 1st division sort of team or mid-size premeirship??? :D

How will Benyoun fit into a team like this?

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK, the singing is official indeed, you can find a picture of Benayoun signing the contract at the club Yesterday. Yossi will earn 2.7 Million $ during the next 5 years and the Santander management is already counting on him to be the leading star of the club. And also, Benayoun will play for them even if they do stay in the 2nd division so it seems.

Kappa, if Benayoun plays up to his real potential it's hard for me to see him not moving to one of the bigger clubs in Spain. Imagine Benayoun and Saviola in Barca. :drool:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
:) im always happy for Yossi!!!!!!

How did the contract jump from 2 mil to 2.7 mil?? who decided to give him an extra 700,000???? :D

In any case, i hope that he is taken seriously! This thing in Racing would not only mean about the improvement of Benyoun in International Standers but also in Caps (NT). I hope he can gain some aggressive experiences and hopefully by the end of the 2004 EURO (if we succeed or not) he can take the place of Berkovic and become captain and need the N.W.O.I.P (New Wave of Israeli Players).

How much is racing Standender counting on Yossi?? Is he the main focus for next year or the year after?

I heard about some highly rated player like Diego Mateo plays in Racing! :D he also has some encores with the Argentininan NT :D

Any pictures we can see him signing?

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There is one thing I don't get, some reports say he'll play there even if they don't get promoted, others claim that he will be loaned out to a Primera side if not....can anyone clarify this? I believe that Benayoun will play in La Liga in any case but want to make sure.

Another point, I am hearing guys saying that Santander is 'not his standards'. In my opinion Racing is an excellent option for a young player that with all of his talents still hasn't done anything significant in football. He can become the star of that team, shine there, lead them to glory and move on to a bigger club. To remind you, Celta and Southampton weren't any bigger either.... :)

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ilan Bachar will fly off to Spain at 4 AM this morning, where he will negotiate the contract with Racing! :happy:

Great news, Bachar seems very close to join Benayoun and unlike in Yossi's case there is no trouble in determing the player's worth here as Bachar is a free agent in the end of the season.

Seems like Racing is gonna have a new fan base in Israel next season. :D

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
No question that Racing Stander is a Pro-Israeli team! :happy:

Hopefully, they may be able to attract fans and alike from Israel just like Revivo does! :lick:

I just hope that Racing won't be a disapointment! :) I don't want them to be in 1st Divison! :) if they got 2 israelis, then hopefully they can soar to the Mid-Table in the Spanish leauge! :D

Can u actually imagine a team made up of two great players, playing against the likes of Saviola, Figo, Carlo, Raul, and Heirero???? :proud: :proud: :proud:

I just wished that Bachar would have gone to a German leauge, that would be cool....:googly: :googly:

This would also be perfect if my Itzik was to get signed there, perhaps? that would have made my week! :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
It's official, Bachar signed in Santander for 4 years:) . Good luck to him and Benayun, make us proud!

As for Zohar, Kappa, I have heavy doubts that Santander would like to sign someone his age instead of someone 10 years younger (like Benayun).

1 - 20 of 55 Posts