Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the quote in the title is taken from an interview on the Sports Channel web site http://www.sport5.co.il/Articles/Article.asp?ArticleID=17798&CategoryID=59 which willl be shown next week. For those who can not read Hebrew, basically Benayoun commented on the fact that our football association (IFA) has announced that they are raising the prices for the next 3 national team games against Ireland, France and even the Faroe Islands (!!). The "cheap" seats will now cost 90 shekels instead of 60 in the past and the other tickets will be 120 (!!) shekels instead of 80. Benayoun basically said that it is a disgrace that more fans don't come out to see the national team and that the price is the main factor. The highlight of the article though is the following quote: "This is the Israeli national team and not Brazil or France who are worth paying hundreds of shekels to see. I wouldn't pay that price". Hats off to Benayoun!

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Absurd!! and Menachem said he would lower the ticket prices to attract more people, but he has done the opposite!! why can´t they just stop thinking about money and see we have a real good chance to qualify or at least clinch a second spot and we need the fans specially for the games in March.
Let´s see if Benayoun´s claims cause some impact to lower the prices!!

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
It's all crap.
The Itahdut is a rotten political body, that probably got some responsibility for the condition off the Israeli football.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
What do you expect?

You guys need Economica 101...

The games of Ireland and France are a make or break for Israel. On top of that, it will also feature alot of great stars in both Ireland and France, which would encourage many people to go.

Out of 100 fans, probably 18 will be in outrage and digust...
maybe 20 would be in mild outrage (but still go) and the rest of the fans wouldn't care. There still paying for the price.

This is not shocking, though i understand IFA point.

Cheap price for Cheap games
High price for lucratice games...

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Benayoun has taken back everything he said. He claims he was misinformed by headlines on Internet websites, and the prices are actually for both games, something he considers cheap enough.

But regardless of that Benayoun is spot on. Even if in this specific case he wasn't right, we know it happened before and will probably happen again in the future. I appreciate him a lot for standing behind the fans. :)

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Raanan said:
Benayoun has taken back everything he said. He claims he was misinformed by headlines on Internet websites, and the prices are actually for both games, something he considers cheap enough.

But regardless of that Benayoun is spot on. Even if in this specific case he wasn't right, we know it happened before and will probably happen again in the future. I appreciate him a lot for standing behind the fans. :)
What a champ :proud:

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
BTW regarding 'high prices for better games' I completely disagree. It is better to sell 30,000 tickets for instance in the price of 50 NIS each then 10,000 for 100. This game is live on National television, if the prices are too high people won't come and watch this game on TV. Besides if the real target is the success of the NT, it's important we fill up the stadium.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Looks like Benayoun never retracted what he said after all...

http://www.one.co.il/next.asp?id=58428&bz=21

According to this article, he still thinks the prices are very expensive and he never apologized for what he said.

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Bigger prices for the match with Faroe Islands is OK !!! Faroe Islands are great team and perhaps you will see Jan Ingi Petersen from my B-68 Toftir :) :) :)

From the other side, the prices must be lower, people must be able to see such great team !!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts