Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomer Ben-Yosef has definitely set a new record for Beitar at least with three red cards this season. Twice against Haifa (2 yellows last time, a spit this week) and against Ashdod late in injury time. This is really a bad coincidence, because other then that he's been great, probably most in-form defender in Ligat Ha'Al today. What do you guys think of him? Can he make a serious challenge for a starting lineup spot in the national team? Also with Gershon being linked for next year, would you like to see a Gershon-Ben Yosef partnership or maybe Gershon-Mitreski? :undecide:

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
He is like Maor Melikson or Shlomi Arbeitman...
there very young and need to build experience...so sometimes they use aggression and make herrendous fowls on the opposite team.

He is a good player, but he needs to play smarter atleast.
And i think Ben Yosef might be benched for a Gershon-Mitreski duo :D

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Ben Yossef is a good defender, he has been called for the NT a few times, he has conditions to be at the squad even though Ben Haim, Benado and Guershon are still untouchable at the NT.

IMO it is more intresting for Beitar to have Guershon-Ben Yossef at defense since they could open a foreign spot, not that Mitreski is bad, but i believe is better that way.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Benado's time is coming up...and gershon is not that young anymore. Coming up in 2008 Euro. Ithink we need to see some young blood...
We cannot have the Harazi effect, where the man just played and played it out big time!

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Kappa21 said:
Benado's time is coming up...and gershon is not that young anymore. Coming up in 2008 Euro. Ithink we need to see some young blood...
We cannot have the Harazi effect, where the man just played and played it out big time!
Yes we need to think in the future, but honestly Benado is better than Ben-Yosef. I would still stay with Benado a few more years in the NT, the same with Guershon and we don´t even need to mention Ben Haim. Ben Yosef could be called up and play little by little until he gets the necessary experience to play in a high level. He is good, but i don´t think he would be capable of stopping Rooney and Owen thing that Ben Haim and Benado could do.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Benado and Gershon still have time on their hands. Watching Ben-Haim take care of Rooney would be a pleasure after their little conflict. The problem is that we have so many talented young midfielders and strikers but not enough defenders. I would bring Ben Yosef up for games against Andorra or Estonia just to see how he handles it. Sometime a player lets pressure get to him when he plays at the NT and he doesn't play as well as he does at his club with his familiar teammates. Don't forget that there aren't many Beitar players at the NT so its always difficult to get used to playing alongside players who aren't familiar with your form.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
ירוק OLE! said:
Benado and Gershon still have time on their hands. Watching Ben-Haim take care of Rooney would be a pleasure after their little conflict. The problem is that we have so many talented young midfielders and strikers but not enough defenders. I would bring Ben Yosef up for games against Andorra or Estonia just to see how he handles it. Sometime a player lets pressure get to him when he plays at the NT and he doesn't play as well as he does at his club with his familiar teammates. Don't forget that there aren't many Beitar players at the NT so its always difficult to get used to playing alongside players who aren't familiar with your form.
True, there weren´t a lot of Beitar players in the NT in the last years, but i believe Kashtan will consider calling a few for the future. Melikson, Itzhaki, Alberman, Asulin and Ben Yossef are serious options.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts