Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Till this time he was playing in Olympique Lyon in youth team. Now he is in first team, he playd in the match PSBV - Olimpique. He playd without complex and showed some good moments. And he scored perfectly penalty kick :cool:
Great talent.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Amazing talent from a technical point of view.

He needs to mature a lot in terms of decision making though. Screwed up at least three good counter attack options in the added time alone last night because he didn't release the ball and kept on dribbling on his own.

But he looks magic with the left foot, going at players with superb pace. Very interesting indeed.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
didn't he win player of the tournament at the youth world cup ? or was that a dream ?

anyway he was impressive, moves very silkily with the ball, i also liked another French kid there who played on the wing but can't remember his name now.

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ben Arfa playd 22 matches in youth France NT and scored 15 goals :eekani:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Yeah you can't really tell at this age what he will become and I think I saw him once on Eurosport around a year back, Anyway it depends how he grows physically and mentally. Like Glen says technically he does look special though.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
anyway he was impressive, moves very silkily with the ball, i also liked another French kid there who played on the wing but can't remember his name now.
I suppose you'd be referring to Florent Malouda wearing the number 10?

A very, very impressive young player as well. Same goes for Sydney Govou, but he has been great for a few years now, so I gather you'd remember him.

·
63,337 Posts
Glen said:
I suppose you'd be referring to Florent Malouda wearing the number 10?

A very, very impressive young player as well. Same goes for Sydney Govou, but he has been great for a few years now, so I gather you'd remember him.

no i meant a kid from the France youth team.

i do a google and find out who he was, i will know the name when i see it.

his name is Samir Nasri and he's been playing for Marseille this year, anyone know if he is any good or he just looked good at youth level ?

·
Registered
555 Posts
yes a very promising young player, imho ben arfa and nasri..? he plays for olympic marseille(17 yrs) are two of the best young talents in france...both also like zizou have algerian roots

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
I like the look of Nasri as well. Jeremie Menez a sochaux striker he's a great talent imo. He's the youngest ever player to score a hattrick in league 1.

·
63,337 Posts
mali said:
who watched lyon/psv?
how did he play?
I only watched extra time, he had class written all over him but he kept not releasing the ball and ended up losing it, obviously he needs to mature but he has all the technical skills in the world.

·
Registered
626 Posts
ben harfa , is a great young player,and in france we know him since 3 or 4 years!
But in france, in the past we have a lot of good young like him(anelka,dalmat,luccin,pedretti,etc...), and except henry and trezegoal, no one of this player confirmed!
So every body in france is waiting !
He can become one of the best, or just another good player!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Great technique for an 18-year-old :thmbup: Hopefully he can replace Giggs (at Man Utd) when the Welshman retires :tongue: actually we already have Rossi but competition would always be good :D

Didn't the French play with a front three of Nasri----Menez----BenArfa at the U-17s European Championship? If they could carry that combination into the 2010 or 2014 World Cup they would be brilliant, I reckon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts