Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I opened this thread to talk about how Beletti and Valdes are "acting" on the field.

Beletti :fero:
He is acting like a conceded piece of $$it, every game he makes a couple of incidents and then the opponents go after him.

Valdes :rollani:
He acts like he is hurt so much even to a slithest touch. I am not talking about the Chelsea game, I am saying recently he is trying to fake injuries.

I like both these players, but I dont like their attitudes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love both of these players like I said in my previos post, and I wish they stay at Barca for a long time, but the things they do aren't good for the image of the club
 

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Joined
·
1,944 Posts
It's an aspect of the game that I'm not fond of either.

Belletti is very moody. He can have a great game like against Athletic one week and the next, he can be absolutely petulant and foul/dive like crazy. When he puts his mind in the right place, he can be an awesome RB. I don't know what's happening in his personal life, maybe that has something to do with it.

Valdes seems to have become more "injury prone". He goes down easily. I see many keepers doing what he does, but someone really needs to talk to him about overreacting. Maybe Deco ;)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
13,144 Posts
The correct way to spell his name = BeLLeTTi. Thats what it says on his shirt.

Why does Carrusel (AS, CadenaSer) always say "Belleti" though?? K4??
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
barcamkd33 said:
I opened this thread to talk about how Beletti and Valdes are "acting" on the field.

Beletti :fero:
He is acting like a conceded piece of $$it, every game he makes a couple of incidents and then the opponents go after him.

Valdes :rollani:
He acts like he is hurt so much even to a slithest touch. I am not talking about the Chelsea game, I am saying recently he is trying to fake injuries.

I like both these players, but I dont like their attitudes.
Belletti has a strong character, hot blood, but I don't think that he's a troublemaker.

About Valdés and the fake injuries. Well, it's not nice to see them faking, but the Spanish Liga is not the EPL. Sadly, diving and cheating are very common in Spain and I don't see Valdés doing anything different to others. He's just winning time when the result is favourable. Again, not nice, but he's just as everyone here.
 

·
1st Tier Poster
Joined
·
53,811 Posts
Koeman4 said:
About Valdés and the fake injuries. Well, it's not nice to see them faking, but the Spanish Liga is not the EPL. Sadly, diving and cheating are very common in Spain and I don't see Valdés doing anything different to others. He's just winning time when the result is favourable. Again, not nice, but he's just as everyone here.
Well, actually he's a bit worse than most of others. You don't see goalkeepers faking injuries very often.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,854 Posts
I like Belletti's hot temper. As K4 said he isn't a trouble maker. But he is one of those players that don't take shit. He intimidates opponents real well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,091 Posts
His temper is not the one which would get him lots of cards, unlike a LE. He has got some cards but I feel he uses his temper to spurn him on, which works most of the times but can misfire on the odd day as we have all seen.
 

·
The Ties That Bind
Joined
·
16,234 Posts
Belletti and Valdes are near angels when compared to Marquez. The Mexican is the one who gets into it with opposing players every match. So far he's been lucky, but I feel as though he's tempting fate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,216 Posts
It's not just Belletti and Valdes, it's our whole team sometimes..We all think that because we are the ones who play the beautiful football we should get special dispensation from the refs. It makes me almost vomit to see highly-paid professionals act like total nancies, feign injuries when the other team has a break, and make miraculous recoveries in a moment. It's beyond farce, and until we as fans start looking beyond our one-eyed support and discouraging this sort of behaviour nothing will ever be done.

I don't know whether it's a cultural thing but surely the Spanish FA have got to get their act in order. For a league that claims to be the best, it is terribly blighted by these issues. I'd go so far as to say that FIFA should issue a directive if the situation continues.
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
Dies Irae said:
It's not just Belletti and Valdes, it's our whole team sometimes..We all think that because we are the ones who play the beautiful football we should get special dispensation from the refs. It makes me almost vomit to see highly-paid professionals act like total nancies, feign injuries when the other team has a break, and make miraculous recoveries in a moment. It's beyond farce, and until we as fans start looking beyond our one-eyed support and discouraging this sort of behaviour nothing will ever be done.

I don't know whether it's a cultural thing but surely the Spanish FA have got to get their act in order. For a league that claims to be the best, it is terribly blighted by these issues. I'd go so far as to say that FIFA should issue a directive if the situation continues.
I understand what you mean, but Spain is not the exception. Cheating, faking, diving,... all this is very typical in the continental Europe. Actually, England (or the whole UK) is the exception.
 
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top