Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all, this is my first post on this messageboard after being a regular viewer for quite a while now.

There is one thing i have always wondered. Apart from family influences what determines which team you support if you live in belgrade, is it different areas of the city? If so what areas are they for the different teams in Belgrade.

Anyway I hope i can be a regular contributor to some of your debates. :smileani:

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Welcome man, if you don't mind, tell us a little bit about yourself, like where you're from, which team you support etc. :)

As for your question, it's a pretty good one actually since it's hard to determine. I'm not from BG so I don't know all the different blocks that well, but some of the guys here are, so perhaps they could share some inside info. For me it was family at first and as I grew older, I learned to love the club.

There are some neighbourhoods where things are pretty clear like for instance Banjica where there are mostly Rad supporters, or Zemun where you'll find Taurunum Boys and some Delije and Grobari. Senjak's filled with delije from what I gather. Anyway I got some of that from this topic on tribina, I assume you can read Serbian.

Hope you stick around!

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
red star forever said:
Partizan fans usually come from "the ghettooo..." (a la Cartman melody)

:thmbup: And usually have to take their cardboard box up for a second mortgage :howler:

sorry I keep replying to every damned line

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
My dad influenced me. Although im not from Beograd, my dad took me to one or two games when i was little and have stuck with them since then. ;)

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
RS, always more popular. PFC, the underdogs, much less popular (in my class when I was a kid I remember out of 30 or so people only 3 of us were PFC fans), but that brings us together. We are the rare few, it binds. For example, when two people meet and they are both RS fans, they are like 'yeah whatever', but when they are grobari, they're best friends straight away. Both are Belgrade teams but most of Serbia support either one or the other. More people in Montenegro support Partizan than RS. Both have fans in all ex-Yu republics.

Football wise, apart for the late 1960s, RS dominated PFC. During the last decade, PFC has been the dominant team and that looks as though it will continue for a while yet. :D Monte, RSF, Ivane, Drulo, get with the program. ie) fess up to reality. :D

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
Well as Drulo says some neighbourhoods are more CZ others more Partizan but when it comes to these 2 clubs it's not really about which area of the city you're from, it only depends on your wisdom ;)
Rad, yes mainly Banjica but any skinhead will do :D The few fans Zemun has are, obviously, from Zemun (duh:pp) while OFK fans are it seems a rare breed.

The other BG teams don't really have fans, and if they do, they are usually really fans of CZ or PFC that also sometimes support their local (municipal) team (i.e. the "fans" of Hajduk Lion - Ultras Lion - are in fact a Red Star fan group), or they are a group of 20-50 heavily disturbed individuals like "Invalidi" Vozdovac. :D

Oh yeah, there's Obilic, they're from Vracar, they have like, what, 50, 100 fans? :pp

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info guys.

As for myself I am English but speak a little Serbian, I am in the process of teaching myself. The football team I support is Burnley who are currently in the Championship in England.

I have followed Serbian football for about five years and recently saw Partizan and Middlesborough but was a neutral supporter. I do not have a Serbian team that i follow, maybe I should as I would love to visit Serbia soon and watch a game.

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
Well that's interesting. What made you follow Serbian footie?
I mean, if you had said you were a fan of the Yugo league back in the 80s I'd understand, but our league in the past five years has not exactly been stellar.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At university I studied Balkan History and was instantly intersted with Yugoslavia, the people and the culture. I am yet to visit the country but what little I have seen seems very nice.

Shortly afterwards I was in Germany and there was a Belgrade derby on TV and i was really drawn towards the atomsphere and the talent of the players. Since then I have looked out for the results and league table and the news, i didn't realise I cared that much until my computer broke a while back for a few weeks and I could not find out what was going on. Since then i realised that i do care and like to see promising players that do (unfortunatly for serbian football) sometimes come to western europe.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Interesting story. Hopefully your stay is a long one on this forum and that you learn that Crvena Zvezda is the best team in our country :D
All the best ;)

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
As to Belgrad teams, In the city rivalization I support Zeleznik - because they gived some players to Polisch clubs.

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
Zeleznik :nono:

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Well most 'Zemunce' support partizan, while I believe most people in Zeleznik, Resnik suppost red star, well so my cousins have told me. I think Zvezdara is a RS dominated area as well, but in general everyone in serbia or supports either RS or PFC. While serbs from Krajina (southern croatia), the majority supports RS while Slavonia (northern croatia) are more into PFC. Well so I've learnt from the population of serbs living in the UK.

·
Second Place Winner February Photo Contest
2,631 Posts
serbfootballfan said:
I am yet to visit the country but what little I have seen seems very nice.
Yes, from outside it probably looks nice, but from the inside..

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Andrija PFC said:
Zeleznik :nono:
You posted this only for this, that Zeleznik is on last place ???

But my favorite Serbians are Buducnost Banatski Dvor :) :)

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Zeleznik are a corrupt club, one of the most corrupt in our league with Bulic fixing games at will. The Prva liga would be better without them Poland-Cement.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts