Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We know that Belgium can beat Turkey. One of the biggest unknowns in this game is what the Danish referee will do.

Kim Milton Nielsen is infamous for single-handedly ruining what promised to be one of the greatest matches in World Cup history - England v. Argentina at France '98. Last week he managed to behave himself in Germany v. Romania and let the players decide the outcome, but he's a factor that could be decisive in the forthcoming Turkey-Belgium contest, despite the efforts of the players.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Nilis starts but it won't be a big score. Turkey wasn't impressive in his 2 games but they surely shouldn't be underrestimated !! If Belgium makes that mistake they will lose and are OUT !

We will have to be very concentrated to play a good game and i hope for a draw..

And don't say Belgium plays at home cause Turkey also does :D

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
belgium are playing at home and if they win they are through
i go for 2-1 to belgium...
turkey was very weak last game and sweden are gonna play against italy and italy is strong this time.

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
I don't understandthe euforism. it's like we are already in the second round. well we 're not!!!!

if we loose against turkey we 're out of the euro and to me that wouldn't be a surprise. turkey played a good game against italy but were robbed. if they play that level against belgium, it will be very difficult for us.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
WRONGGGGGGG!!

You were all wrong, no offense please:)

You underestimated Turkiye and saw what happenned, was a good game.

Nillis is a much better player than Strupar or all the other attacking players u have. Your coach made wrong subs. you were playing better before you had the subs.

You definitely need a better keeper. he is good but does crazy mistakes. he almost killed arif in the last 5 min with that hit. I hope he is ok.

D

·
0 Posts
Shots on target, 7-4 to Belgium, shots wide 13-1 to Belgium, 10 corners to 2 Belgium, possession 59% - 41% Belgium. Their finishing really, really sucked as did De Wilde. Shame now that they've finally got some decent forwards Prudhomme is no longer in goal.
Nilis was the only player full of running I got the impression, Wilmots again had a disapointing match.

Man of the Match - Sukur. No explanation necessary

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
What a failure !!

How is this possible ? Everyone was just too positive ! We were just going to walk over Turkye and people and players were already thinking about the match against Portugal. At least,that was what they thought.

We made a very good start and created a lot of chances. Normally we don't need many chances to score but yesterday nothing went good. Turkey was also dangerous in their counter attacks and when they scored the 1-0 you just knew it was over..

De Wilde is such a good keeper but once again he and Staelens made a mistake ! ALthough Sukur jumped really high :eek:

The red card from De Wilde was totally deserved and he shouldn't have done it. It's ok when you do it on a 0-0 score but now ??

Again is proven that we don't have a team with great players, only a good team of players when they play together.

Although i think we deserved a place in the next round but we just threw it away yesterday and it's our own fault...

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
i have nothig about turkey but they didn't play a great game
they had 2 chances and scored 2 goals,belgium had more great chances and should have won the game without any problems.
i think the first goal was foul,sukur was too agressive against poor de wilde,who is always so god damn unlucky.
but the problem is that no one can score in the team,emile mpenza was great the first game but he should have been better the other games aswell.
strupar was very bad,nilis was ok,and de bilde didn't play..
but im asking myself over and over again where is toni brogno!!!!!!!
i think weseige forgot a lot of great players when he picked the team,if he get sucked i think it will be a whole new team to the next time.
but i must say belgium was VERY UNLUCKY.......
but that doesnt count in football i guess.
sorry but this is the first time the home contry don't advance to the quarters.
dont forget one thing,turkey has never lost a game when sukur scores and they did it again,it will be fun to see how thay are gonna play in the next match......

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
The nightmare continues...

First, my condolences that Belgium is out...

And really, this tournament should be titled "Euro 2000, the nightmare continues" for me! :( Apart from Belgium's victory over Sweden, NOTHING else (in terms of result) has gone right! Luckily I never bet...I'll be broke in no time at all :eek:

Now it seems I'm gonna see 8 teams which I preferred not to qualify to qf to be the ones that actually advance! :eek:

-- Nedved! in mourning :( :( --

1 - 10 of 10 Posts