Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be a huge confidence boost for Belgium ahead of their first game against Japan on June 4 in Saitama. Although France was missing Henry and Zidane, Belgium becomes only the second team to defeat France in the Stade De France.

gOD etc. what are your thoughts?

Paris, May 18 (DS) - France 1 Belgium 2: friendly international match summary

France 1 - Frank Leboeuf 40
Belgium 2 - Glen de-Boeck 20, Marc Wilmots 90
Half time: 1-1
Stadium: - Stade de France

France: Ulrich Rame, Marcel Desailly, Lilian Thuram (Willy Sagnol, 45), Frank Leboeuf, Bixente Lizarazu (Vincent Candela, 45), Christophe Dugarry, Emmanuel Petit, Patrick Vieira, Youri Djorkaeff (Johan Micoud, 45), Sylvain Wiltord (Alain Boghossian, 79), David Trezeguet (Djibril Cisså, 45)

Belgium: Geert de-Vlieger, Niko Van Kerkhoven, Glen de-Boeck, Daniel Van Buyten, Jacky Peeters (Eric Deflandre , 63), Bart Goor (Danny Boffin, 45), Timmy Simons (Yves Vanderhaeghe, 74), Gert Verheyen, Marc Wilmots, Mbo Mpenza (Wesley Sonck, 45), Johan Walem (Englebert Gaetan, 80)

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
From the fifties our nickname is "worldchampion of the friendly games". :rolleyes:. Such a victory doesn't mean anything. Although we need the confidence boost. Still a second round in Japan is all we are hoping for.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have to agree with gOD about Belgium doing well in friendlies, especially against big opposition. Before ya slag me off as a nasty Yank, I wanna say that I am a Yank with Belgian heritage and hope the "rode duivels" do well.
Wilmot's goal againt France was a beauty, however, and I hope to see a few more of those in the next month. :D

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Wow....It feels like someone ACTUALLY wrote this centuries ago....I dont want to.....actually there's no need to comment ....we all know the REST of the story ..

:mute:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts