Xtratime Community banner

What will the outcome be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I am not speaking about your case in particular. But I find it odd when people live in a country their whole life, willingly contributing to its society and reaping all the benefits that come with that, yet they feel more attached to a place they flee in the first place.

One earns being a citizen of a country and thus deserves to support it, but he/she has no choice in picking his parents so why the **** would he/she be supposed to support something he had no choice in?
Again, it's not the same for almost any ex-Yugoslav.

·
Registered
15,404 Posts
So Belgium went from everyone's favourite dark horse, to overrated and back to dark horse again ;)

In truth we really don't know. Teams can often start slow, and it doesn't help when you're facing a team as stubborn as Algeria were.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Some people never integrate, and if you come with a lot of baggage like the Balkan or Middle East, the chances are you will never let your baggage go...
Not only them. I lost count how many times I heard the phrase "I feel more Italian/Portuguese than Canadian/American" Just because he eats their cuisine on holidays, knows few words, and supports their NT every four years.

Mind boggling really.

·
Registered
40,564 Posts
Belgium are only overrated if one expected them to breeze through just because of the individual quality within the team.

In reality they're a good side that continues to develop. They have a fortunate draw here, allowing them to dream of more than just the 1/8 finals. However they clearly lacked a bit of creativity tonight and showed their weaknesses in breaking down defensive sides (no quick overlapping fullbacks, too many long shots instead of short passing combinations etc). But at the same time we got a glimpse of their deadly counter attacking threat with their second goal. Expect more of that when sides open up against them.

Will be interesting to see how Russia line up against Belgium in their next game. Should be the match that decides the group winner, unless Russia choke tonight.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Belgium are only overrated if one expected them to breeze through just because of the individual quality within the team.

In reality they're a good side that continues to develop. They have a fortunate draw here, allowing them to dream of more than just the 1/8 finals. However they clearly lacked a bit of creativity tonight and showed their weaknesses in breaking down defensive sides (no quick overlapping fullbacks, too many long shots instead of short passing combinations etc). But at the same time we got a glimpse of their deadly counter attacking threat with their second goal. Expect more of that when sides open up against them.

Will be interesting to see how Russia line up against Belgium in their next game. Should be the match that decides the group winner, unless Russia choke tonight.
If anyone can choke against such a mediocre Korean side, it's Russia. :proud:

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Not only them. I lost count how many times I heard the phrase "I feel more Italian/Portuguese than Canadian/American" Just because he eats their cuisine on holidays, knows few words, and supports their NT every four years.

Mind boggling really.
Most of those people are not serious, it's just a superficial thing they say... our Bosnian friend goes all the way with his dislike for Serbs, Arabs for Jews and so on... Basically if you are such an ultra-nationalist or religious, the concept of integrating becomes even a shameful thing.

·
The Parameter
4,309 Posts
I can see the Russkies bottling it against this Algie team. Calling an Ignashevich slip early. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Hey Game OVer, let me ask you something: If you were given control of the world for a day, would these "mind-boggling" individuals be forced to adhere to your opinion and only support the country they live in?

I assume you live in Rome, then? I think I might have run into you, the gypsy kid who asked for money at the train station.

·
Registered
27,182 Posts

Mind boggling really.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
27,182 Posts
our Bosnian friend goes all the way with his dislike for Serbs, Arabs for Jews and so on... Basically if you are such an ultra-nationalist or religious, the concept of integrating becomes even a shameful thing.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
I assume you live in Rome, then? I think I might have run into you, the gypsy kid who asked for money at the train station.
I have more reasons to support Roma, far more logical than the fact that you were lucky your Italian parent(s) were bored enough one night to bang each other.

I also think that me supporting Italian NT because I appreciate their style and have footballing connections to it is far more logical than your family tree.

The fact that you use "gypsy" as an insult reflects the mentality of the group of people who share your way of thinking. Ethnicity/background gives you no rights whatsoever, just like the genes that make you white, tall or handsome.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I believe this was the hardest game we had this group!!
Happy we won ,I'm sure we will win from Russia. We're always better if we don't have to dicatate the game anyway!

·
Registered
29,329 Posts
Well, you never know with a new team like Belgium, but I do hope they win the next two, as my fantasy league team depends on it.

When did you become so sane, GO? Been like that for quite a while... maybe since I stopped reading his posts in Italian forums.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts