Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Bejbl going to Benfica or not?
I last heard he was going to play in Germany.
It`s quite clear Heynckes wants a big man for the defensive-midfielder position.Why doesn`t he try the German market?
Someone like Tarnat or Strunz would be great!!!
On the other hand ,in my opinion ,he should at least try Ronaldo as a defensive-midfielder ,as he is big , has good ball control and good passing.Then he could invest in one or two really good central defenders.Another option i would consider is Guillermo Pereyra.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just thought i'd warn you that Tottenham are looking at Bejbl as well.

------------------
FROM DA UK PORTISTA
VIVA O PORTO!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
It hasn't been decided jet, but he is going to leave ( 99% chance) and there are many clubs interested from Spain, Germany, England and apperattely Portugal.

Hope we can keep him, because he's damn good!

ADRIAAN

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Adriaan - you sound like you've seen Marchena play. Can you give us a scouting report? Strengths/weaknesses? Could he play on one of the wings or is he strictly a central defender?

If Benfica signs Marchena AND Dudic, then one has to assume that Paulo Madeira is not long for Benfica...plus there's talk that Ronaldo may take the defensive midfielder position (which I'd like to see Machairidis in every game).

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Check that Adriaan - I see now that I posted about Marchena under the Bejbl post. Wrong player! Sorry - but while we're here, would you mind updating us on the pros and cons of Bejbl?!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
My opinion: typical Bejbl style: sober but good. But he hasn't been the same since the departure of Jose Mari to AC Milan.
I quess he has lack of good teammates and therefor achieves less than previous years.

But I quess he's going to leave, the rumor says that there are many offers.
Certainly after a good EURO 2000 he will leave. I kind of hope he does play good, that way we can demand more money. :)

Anyway, he was good, is good and will stay good for another 6 years. :)

ADRIAAN

1 - 6 of 6 Posts