Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Israel U21 - Ukraine U21

Eliran Danin completed 90 minutes and saved a ball from the goal line as Israel lost to Ukraine 1:0. Aviram Bruchian also played 90 minutes in this match Amit Ben Shoshan and Barak Itzhaki came on as substitutes, Melikson was missing due to injury, so that makes 5 Beitar players who can easily be regulars for the U-21 side, way to go.

Macedonia - Bulgaria

Macedonia are playing a friendly at home today. Igor Mitreski is in the squad and is expected to start.

Israel - Denmark

Tomer Ben Yosef has been picked for Grant's final match in charge. He is not expected to start but might come on as a substitute later on.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
How did the Macedonian Sensation do?

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know either, the Macedonians are too busy writing in their language so they overlooked my question. Apparently Mitreski has a brother on the NT, there is definitely another Mitreski there and he is a defensive midfielder, also someone used the term brothers so I figured this out. ;)

BTW Jancevski from Nazrath is also a member of their squad.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Sorry guys! :D Well he played and was stable as usual dont think anyone beat him, without him I dont like the structure of our defence. Anyway the other Mitreski is Aleksandar who plays for Grasshoppers and they are not brothers nor do I think they are related. ;)

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ Up

Barak Itzhaki scored both goals tonight for the U21 as they beat Moldova 2:1 in the Lobanovsky tournament in Ukraine.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
congrats, i was suprised that Fernandez didn't mention his name to tag along with him to St. Etienne or Espanyol because he always favored itzhaki and saw his potential. He's really a talented player.

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
I hope Barak stays.... :lala: they are having money issues now... :dazed: He's probably the best youngster in terms of non choking and knowing how to deliver... something quite rare at this age.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
berko said:
The Israelis are receiving much less than the foreigners and they want a raise.
this will be a problem if something isn't done to take care of it. I can see that in the future there will be some serious hostility towards foreigners, now that all the money is in and European manager and players are coming the Israeli players and managers are really unhappy. I hope that Beitar won't have a big gap between the Israelis and the foreigners personally and skillwise on the pitch.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
ירוק OLE! said:
this will be a problem if something isn't done to take care of it. I can see that in the future there will be some serious hostility towards foreigners, now that all the money is in and European manager and players are coming the Israeli players and managers are really unhappy. I hope that Beitar won't have a big gap between the Israelis and the foreigners personally and skillwise on the pitch.
For now everything is ok, but we could see some little incidents happening like the coaches union against Caanen, some players unhappy with Fernandez at Beitar and so on. The new investors should be carefull with that since it could harm the internal atmosphere of the club.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The U-21 won the tournament, Maor Melikson scored twice this time - One of them from an Itzhaki assist.

Melikson was voted MVP of the competition too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts