Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some bad news from the Beitar Jerusalem - Maccabi Tel Aviv match, Meni Levi of Maccabi has suddenly fainted on the field, it is bad news, it seems that he "swalloed his tongue" as we call it in Hebrew, we all hope he'll be OK.

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Levi is still not in concious as I mentioned before and we are all hoping he will be OK, it does not seem as if anyone wants to continue.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
I have seen several injuries on the soccer pitch BUT NEVER EVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT! :(

Get well soon Meni :cry:

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Raanan said:
But they didn't, did they?

Anyways i am hearing his condition is critical, i don't feel like talking soccer right now,lets wish him all the best. :(
Beitar fans deserv a het"het on the behavior during the game

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Yes it was a great sporting gesture, really made me proud being a part of it.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Some pics from the incident, courtesy of www.ynet.co.il

Levi after fainting for the first time and before fainting again:

Attachments

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
After he fainted again. :(

Attachments

·
International
6,724 Posts
Maccabi star Levy suffers heart attack

The match between Betar Jerusalem and Maccabi Tel-Aviv was abandoned on Saturday when Israel Under-21 defender Meni Levy was rushed to hospital with a suspected heart attack.

Levy was given life-saving heart resuscitation after collapsing early in the game, which was shown live on television. He was described as having a weak pulse on his way to hospital.

The defender was one of five players pardoned by the Israel football association (IFA) during the week for being involved in a sex scandal while on international duty with the Under-21 side.

The players were disciplined for inviting a woman to their rooms at the team hotel the night before a European championship qualifying last year match against Bosnia-Herzegovina.

Levy's heart attack followed that of Betar general manager Avraham Levy, who was released from hospital after suffering a mild cardiac arrest, and his counterpart at Maccabi, Shimon Korek.

Korek was taken ill on his way to the team's training complex on Friday morning, and attended the Tel Hashomer hospital.

Doctors' orders ensured both men missed their first matches in more than 30 years.

:( :depress:

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Some one here knows if Many Levi sufferd a brain damge?

maybe someone knows some thing that was in the media?
:confused: :( :( :( :(

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
He might suffer a brain damage, nothing is sure yet. he is still in danger of losing his life.... :(

·
Registered
258 Posts
I hear news and am very sad......:sob:
I watched at the video file for the sports 5 site.:depress:
I wishes that it improves early....
Get well soon Meni.

By yesterday's HA'ARETZ
He then received mouth-to-mouth resuscitation from Betar's Itzik Zohar and then more expert treatment from paramedics who were on the scene.
He did wonderful action!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts