Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this will be my first story here, so I'll try to make it interesting and to the point. :)

Started a game with my favorite team in Israel, made a few transfer and budget changes to refelct the real life in the editor first.

Transfer budget: 5M$ (The boss decided to expand it to 18M though :D)

Brought in: Gal Alberman (Tenerife), David Aganzo (Santaner), Fabrice Fernandes (Bolton), Jerome Leroy (Lens).

The team's expectations are to win the league title, no less. I tell the media that I can't see a reason we won't bring it home this season. The team is participating in 4 competitions:

The Toto Cup (league cup)
The league
The National Cup (to begin later)
The Intertoto
At my first day in charge I looked to offload our fifth foreign player (you can only regiter 5 foreigners per team in Israel), defensive mid. from Congo Mozuwa N'sumbo. Sadly nobody wanted him, and when he finally reached an agreement with Gillingham the transfer collapsed because of too many foreigners. Had to let him go on free for a 150K compensation fee. Same for injured defender Igor Mitreski. Noone wanted these guys and I had to sign new players immediately.

The tactic I use the most is a simple 442 with quick short passes and very high creativity for at least 3 players (Melikson/Fernandes, Aganzo, Leroy).

My first signing was defensive mid/defender Mettomo from Kaiserslautern. Cost me 4.9M$. Then I brought in Darijo Srna from Shakthar Donetsk for 9.5M$.

First task, away game against Slaven Belupo from Croatia in the Intertoto first round. The team wins 3:1 at halftime from a David Aganzo hattrick, but in the second half everyone were exausted or just careless and we ended up losing 4:3 in the last minute :eek: Not worried though, we clearly dominated them and I'm confident we'll advance.

Second leg is easy as expected, smooth 2:0 win goals by my Israeli strikers Ben Shoshan and Asulin.

Next is Young Boys. Despite 10:4 shots on goal ratio, they find themselves 2:0 down from a Ben Shoshan brace, but still manage to score one in the last minute. Second leg away I'm 1:0 down but David Aganzo scores an important goal after a corner kick, 1:1 is enough to send me through to the next round.

The next opponent, Lech Pozan from Poland. Clear domination again, but just 1:0. I am not worried though, we are supposed to win this tie and indeed we win the second game 1:0 as well, Jerome Leroy scores a nice 25 yard goal to let us face Austria's Sturm.

First leg at home, clear domination by Beitar...but one and only chance by the Austrians is enough, they score and take the win. Second leg in Austria Beitar gets on the scoreboard fast with David Aganzo's penalty. The celebrations didn't last too long as Wallner grabbed an equaliser, making the score 1:1 until the 89th minute when Gal Alberman scored a header off a corner, Beitar wins 2:1 and is in the Intertoto cup final!

A short break from European glory, back in Israel's Toto Cup. The team is playing with a weakened squad, scores first twice but a 2:2 draw is all we could get from a game with newly promoted Hap. Kfar Saba.

Intertoto Cup final first leg, home vs. Newcastle...the English dominate possession by a small margin but the shots on goal ratio is 10:2 :D Boring game though, ends 0-0.

Another Toto Cup group stage game, again weakened squad. 1:0 loss in a tight game to Mac. Tel Aviv on the road.

Intertoto Cup final second leg, I decide to give up on a second striker (Asulin). Leroy is suspended and Srna hasn't been registered in time for any of the Intertoto rounds.

The team starts off with 4-2-2-1-1. Defensive style, lots of time wasting, normal passing. 2 minutes on the clock and a 50 yard pass by Defensive mid Malichi finds Aganzo, 1:0 to Beitar :eek: 14 minutes and Alan Shearer scores an easy goal from a good Luque assist. Newcastle with a huge pressure throughout the 90 minutes but a great game by Malichi and the team gets us into the UEFA Cup with a sensational draw.

And this is where I left off, more to come :D

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Well done. Nice transfer budget. Buy all the best Israeli NT players, then you shuoldn't have problem winning the league. :)

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yorkshirelad11 said:
you did well to get fernandes for them, good look
I would've gone for someone else personally but he's in Beitar in real life so what can I do. ;)

About the budget it's not so easy, many Israeli players are too emotionally attached to the other crap clubs. :D

Right now I'm working on getting new Israelis for my attack and defense though.

First league match of the season, at home against Bnei Sakhnin. Should be an easy win on paper, their boss telling me we have no chance of winning the league :D Well, according to this game we really don't. A freak shot by Swan goes in and that's the game's only goal, I ended up losing 1:0. Midfield was crap today allowing them too many chances, not to mention my attack, 10 shots on goal only 2 on target. :googly: They were still under the Newcastle hangover influence. :(

UEFA Cup: The team has been drawn against Dnipro from the Ukraine, not easy at all. But the first leg is away so that's something nice.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the team finds it hard to score :D 3 successive 0:0 draws, first one a Toto Cup match with Ashdod. Meaningless result, still not very good. Second one another home game, but in the league with Maccabi Netanya. This time the team creates numerous chances but nothing goes in. Our away match with Dnipro ends 0:0 as well, good result considering they mad most of the possession and chances, although only 1 of them was on target. Aganzo had two great chances to steal a victory near the end, but his shots went high. The 2 DMs formation seems to work very well in this kind of matches for me.

I've decided to add some depth to the squad, looking to sign some quality Israeli strikers. Omer Golan from Maccabi Petah Tikva signed for 525K, Shai Holtsman from MS Ashdod is about to join as well.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
League game away to hated rivals, Hapoel Tel Aviv. I let their coach know nothing would make me happier then a win against the old rivals....but sadly the team fails to impress. Aganzo gets a glorious opportunity with a 51st minute penalty kick but he blows it away. Hapoel scores right after and just when we attack them endlessly a fast counter gives them the second by the same guy, 2:0 FT.

3 league games, 0 goals, the boss is unhappy... :sigh:

Next game is the second leg against Dnipro. Aganzo scores after 7 minutes and Srna with a beautiful freekick makes it 2:0 after 15 mins. The team goes back to defend the score until the final whistle, Beitar is through to the group stages of the competition :cool:

Our group: Middlesbrough, AZ, Steaua and Valencia. :undecide: Third place is do'able despite the tough draw. Our first match is away at the Riverside stadium.

Back to the league business and nothing less then a win against Maccabi Petah Tikva (A) would be satisfying. Striker Omer Golan, just bought from Petah Tikva, is making his debut and we are 3:0 up after 26 minutes, two goals by Golan and one by Leroy. :D Match ends 4:1 and Golan registers a hattrick on his debut for the club against the team he just signed from. Haha.

The next league round sees Beitar trying to find their first home league win of the season as we take on Bnei Yehuda. Srna scores two free-kicks, Golan adds another and the team gets an easy and deserved win, 3:0. The gap from the top of the table is just 4 points despite the terrible start for the season. :)

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
League match away to midtable side Hap. Kfar Saba. Another easy win on paper, and things look bright when Fernandes scores a superb goal from the edge of the box. But Kfar Saba manage two fast goals in the first half and it's 2:1 :wth: With 7 shots on target in the first half you'd expect one of them to go in and it does...Omer Golan scores and makes it 2:2 before half time. Just when I think my luck has ran out, late substitute striker Ben Shosan who replaced Aganzo, scores in the 88th minute. Kfar Saba tried their best to grab an equaliser but the team held on for the victory.

Next a match at Boro away, we lose 1:0 despite a second half red card for them. The boss is unhappy. :D

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After the loss in England, the team needs to keep its positive league form. Unfortunately things don't go so well....

Ashdod 2 (Holtzman 2) Beitar 1 (Golan)

Don't you just love it when you have million scoring chances, yet you'll score once and your opponent will score his only two chances in the game? Well that's what happened. A 4th minute goal by Golan was not enough to stop Shai Holtzman, Ashdod's hot scorer as he scored twice including one in the final minute when we were trying to increase firepower upfront. Not a good result at all.

Toto Cup: Nazrath Elite 1 (Kwarteng) Beitar 3 (Fernandes, Golan, Aganzo)

The team is still winless in the Toto Cup and a weak opponent, although away from home, is a good chance for the first win. The team uses most of its starting lineup players in a new experimental lineup, a very offensive 4-5-1. It seems to work well: Midfield battle easily won, the goals come very easy as well. A 2:0 lead is kept until the final minute when Kwarteng scores for Nazrath, but a few seconds right after substitute David Aganzo grabs the third. 3:1 to Beitar.

League: Nazrath Elite 2 (Shecther, Djukic) Beitar 2 (Golan x2)

Same opponent again, this time in the league...Nazrath played better then us this time, and we were lucky to steal a point in a match where all goals were scored in the first 20 minutes. Lucky or not this result sucks, Nazrath haven't won in the league until now and we are looking to close the gap on league leaders Maccabi Tel Aviv. But not with this kind of results.

UEFA Cup: Beitar 1 (Aganzo) Valencia 1 (Vicente)

European football night is back. First home game in the Group stage, against the mighty Valencia. David Aganzo shocks his countrymen with a fast 1:0 advantage, against the run of play. Valencia is very dominant throughout the entire game, but only a powerful shot by Vicente in the second half goes in. A very decent result for the team.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
League: Beitar 2 (Golan, Aganzo) M. Haifa 1 (Colautti)

The match of all matches. Last year's league champion are playing against us at Teddy infront of a packed stadium. Beitar are dominating this but not by much. 66 minutes go by with no goals before Omer Golan finds the net. The team goes defensive to protect its lead, but Aganzo finishes off a great counter attack late in the game, 2:0. Colautti pulled one back right after but the score remains, excellent result to put us back on track
League: Beitar 1 Hap. Petah Tikva 0

Bottom side PT are coming to Teddy, Beitar with massive domination but nothing goes in until the 82nd minute when David Aganzo gets on the scoresheet from close range. Beitar wins.

UEFA Cup: Steaua 1 (Grigore) Beitar 2 (Aganzo, Asulin)

Important away match to the Romanian team, probably the second worst team in the group after us. Grigore gives them a justified lead at half time. Beitar is pushing them back in the second half, and Aganzo finds the equaliser. 4 minutes into injury time, substitute Lior Asulin takes over a pathetic ball by their keeper and scores a sensational winning goal, 2:1 to Beitar!

League: Maccabi Tel Aviv 0 Beitar 1 (Asulin)

Important match away to 3rd place Maccabi. No any special events until the 86th minute. Maccabi dominated the first half, Beitar the second, and Asulin now gets a golden opportunity as he wins a penalty kick. The keeper takes it but Lior scores the rebound and Beitar wins an extremely difficult away match, 1:0.

This game was also the last one in the first round of the season. Here are the standings after this match:

Code:
| Pos   | Inf   | Team             |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   |       | H. Tel-Aviv      |       | 11    | 6     | 4     | 1     | 20    | 10    | +10   | 22    | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   |       | Bnei Sakhnin     |       | 11    | 6     | 3     | 2     | 18    | 13    | +5    | 21    | 
| 3rd   |       | Beitar Jerusalem |       | 11    | 6     | 2     | 3     | 17    | 11    | +6    | 20    | 
| 4th   |       | M. Tel-Aviv      |       | 11    | 5     | 4     | 2     | 11    | 4     | +7    | 19    | 
| 5th   |       | S.C. Ashdod      |       | 11    | 6     | 0     | 5     | 17    | 14    | +3    | 18    | 
| 6th   |       | M. Haifa         |       | 11    | 4     | 4     | 3     | 12    | 11    | +1    | 16    | 
| 7th   |       | Bnei Yehuda      |       | 11    | 4     | 2     | 5     | 7     | 15    | -8    | 14    | 
| 8th   |       | M. Netanya       |       | 11    | 2     | 5     | 4     | 13    | 20    | -7    | 11    | 
| 9th   |       | M. Petach-Tikva  |       | 11    | 1     | 7     | 3     | 13    | 17    | -4    | 10    | 
| 10th  |       | H. Kfar-Saba     |       | 11    | 2     | 3     | 6     | 11    | 14    | -3    | 9     | 
| 11th  |       | H. Nazareth-Ilit |       | 11    | 1     | 6     | 4     | 11    | 15    | -4    | 9     | 
| 12th  |       | H. Petach-Tikva  |       | 11    | 1     | 4     | 6     | 13    | 19    | -6    | 7     | 
|       |       |                  |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       | 
Despite not an amazing first round the team is in an excellent position to challenge for the title. Really big surprise to find Bnei Sakhnin so high in the table...

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Our last UEFA Cup Gr. Stage match: AZ (H).

A win should be enough for us to officially go through but a draw might be good as well provided other results don't go really wrong (watch this space).

Beitar 1 (Aganzo) AZ 1 (Peralta)

An even match, a fair result...but Boro manages to lose at home against the Romanians. In the last round of games Boro and AZ draw level, Valencia beats Steaua, and despite ending up with the same number of goals, goal difference, points and whatever you want as Middlesbrough, Beitar comes 4th so Boro goes through :googly:

Beitar 1 (Srna) Netanya 0

Back on concentrating in the league. Home to bottom side Netanya who are playing very defensive. Only a late penalty by Darijo saves us.

Ashdod 2 (Obuke, Revivo) Beitar 0
Boring Toto Cup match, we play with our reserve team. Some first teamers like Fernandes and Aganzo are coming off the bench in the second half but the result stayed 2:0.

Beitar 1 (Alberman) Hapoel Tel Aviv 0

Big home match. After losing 2:0 at Tel Aviv a revenge is needed. Hapoel are second, Beitar is 4th, and Gal Alberman sends a fantastic 30 yard screamer into the net in the first half. The 1:0 lead remains until the end despite Hapoel's pressure, Beitar wins and goes FIRST PLACE for the first time this year!

Toto Cup: Beitar 2 (Golan, Holtzman) M. Petah Tikva 1 (Weisheim)

Again this crappy league cup competition, Beitar uses mainly reserves players but that proves to be enough to beat the last team in our group. All goals were scored in the second half and Holtzman finally scores.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Time for more updates. :)

Toto Cup: v. Maccabi Tel Aviv (H), 2:0 win.

I play my best team more or less in this very important match against the second place team in my group. Azo and Golan score twice in the first half, Beitar wins 2:0.

Premier League: v. Maccabi Petah Tikva (H), 3:1 win.

PT score first on a 3rd minute penalty by veteran Alon Mizrahi. Beitar scores 3 including a beautiful Srna free kick after a red card to a PT defender. Solid win. :thumbsup:

Toto Cup: v. Hapoel Kfar Saba (H), 1:0 win.

Although Kfar Saba is a weak side I don't want to risk losing my spot in the semi finals, the fight for a place is really tight in our group with only 2 points between 4 sides (first two qualify). Aganzo scores the only goal in the second half, a bigger score would have given a better reflection of what happened on the pitch but no complaints from me.

Premier League: v. Hapoel Kfar Saba (H), 2:0 win.
Same team, same venue, same week, different competition. ;) Same story again, this time Leroy and Srna score in the space of 4 minutes in the second half as we take another 3 points and remain top of the league.

Premier League: v. Bnei Yehuda (A), 1:1 draw.

A huge mistake by my keeper lets Bnei Yehuda take the lead until late in the second half. Despite them being deep in relegation troubles and down to 10 men the team couldn't score another goal. This result ends up my 7 matches winning streak but the team remains unbeaten.

Toto Cup: v. M. Petah Tikva (A), 1:1 draw.

Another 1:1, this time in the Toto Cup. Ex-Beitar Caldeira scores first against a depleted Beitar side. I make some changes at half time and one of the subs Shai Holtzman gets on the scoresheet, this result keeps Beitar second in the group due to results elsewhere.

Premier League: v. M. Haifa (A), 1:1 draw.

Third successive 1:1 draw :) Away to last year's champions. Holtzman keeps his good scoring form but their new purchase Israeli talent Ahmed Kasum scores. Adoram Keisi misses a penalty for Haifa later on, and Mettomo gets sent off in the second half. So despite their domination all they could manage is a draw, I'm ok with it.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Toto Cup: v. Nazrath Ilit (H), 2:0 win

Crucial match, Nazrath are still in the fight for a place in the next round and both teams meet in the last round of games. A win will be enough to give Beitar the ticket to the semi's. Ofir Azo and Shai Holtzman on a penalty make sure it happens.

Final Standings in our group:

Premier League: v. Ashdod (H), 1:1 draw.

Another draw! This time I feel I have to take some of the blame, I kept going offensive instead of protecting our lead (Holtzman 54'), so after a few attempts Yaniv Aberjil finds the net for the visitors. Unlike my previous draws this time Maccabi Tel Aviv wins and the gap is just a point now.

Toto Cup Semi Finals: v. Maccabi Tel Aviv (N, at Ramat Gan stadium)

The Toto Cup semi finals day is here. Hapoel Tel Aviv and Sakhnin will play in the evening match, but Beitar and their closest league rival open the day in an early kickoff. Clear domination throughout the game sees Aganzo and Golan upping their goals tally, a solid win takes us to the final where we will play Hapoel Tel Aviv. Maccabi boss Klinger was very mad at his team's pathetic display according to an inside report from their dressingrooms. :)

Premier League: v. Nazrath Elite (H), 4:2 win.

Back in the league. Nazrath played against us 2 weeks ago at the Toto Cup, now it's the league. Golan scores first, Gita grabs a shocking equaliser, but we totally own the second half and take a 4:1 lead thanks to Leroy and Srna with two awesome freekicks. Abu Laben pulls one back in the last minute but an impressive win it is.

Premier League: v. Hap. Petah Tikva (A), 1:1 draw.

I decide to play a bit more careful this time due to Petah Tikva's domination. Golan scores first but defender Lepania gets one in the second half, a draw is a fair result considering the chances both sides have created.

Toto Cup Final: v. Hapoel Tel Aviv (N), 1:1.

The big day is here. Only the third most important competition in Israel but against our old rivals it's always more then just a game. Leroy gives Beitar the lead, Wallnerman scores an equaliser. Beitar creates more chances but nothing goes in. Extratime and no change, and this one will be decided on penalties!

The Penalty shootout ends in our favour. Leroy, Afek and Melikson score, Aganzo and Megamadov missed their chances. Keeper Kornfine saved the last shot by Hapoel's Vermut and the cup goes to Beitar :) First title for me.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Before I go on I thought it would be nice to give some more information on the squad.

This is my current team including players on loan. All loaned players have a pretty promising future but they're not ready yet so I let them play for lower teams where they can shine:)

Out of the current squad Asulin and Haliva are leaving next year, Asulin signed a deal with M. Haifa and Haliva joins Hap. PT after playing here on loan from Hap. Beer-Sheva.

My usual 11:

...................Korenfine.............

Srna.......Mettomo.....Megamadov......Amsalem

Fernandes......Leroy.......Alberman........Azo

................Golan.........Aganzo............

Subs: Solomon, Melikson, Holtzman, Kabha, Afek and Ben Yosef.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts