Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everybody seems to think that Lazio are willing to weaken their team for the next season.

Here are some facts: The only player that´s not happy is Almeyda, this because of the rotation system.

Salas has said that he wants to stay with Lazio and doesn´t mind competing with Vieri, Lopez and Inzaghi for the positions of a striker.

Negro wants a pay raise since he has one of the lowest wages in Lazio - he´ll get it.

Luca can guard the goal for one more season, we need a goalie but we won´t do anything extreme to get one.

Almeyda - 25$ ( 27years old)
Salas - 26$ ( 25years old)
Negro - 15$ ( 28years old)
Stankovic - 25$ ( 22years old)
De La Pena -12$ ( 23years old)
Veron - 60$ according to Cragnotti ( 25years old )

Veron = 60$ = Not for Sale

There you have a pick now do the math, Cragnotti has yet to fxxk up on the Italian transfer market.

I belive that the only way Inter will be able to take Veron is if they offer Vieri as a clean exchange, if they won´t then I can´t really see a deal happening. Vieri is injured all the time ( when he came to Lazio he was out most of the time ) and Veron is just amazing.

Seedorf: I really can´t grab why anyone would think that Lazio want´s anything to do with Seedorf. Eriksson said when Inter bought him that it was a strange buy and not a player that would command the midfield. Seedorf couldn´t grab a position in Real and why should he be able to grab a position in Lazio - we play a similar game to real with offensiv wingbacks and fast breaks.

Fiore: This guy is a great playmaker and would perhaps be able to cover some for the possible loss of Veron. Still Fiore has expressed a will to play under Lippi or Capello and Eriksson is quite the opposite of these coaches. Fiore is also 25 but he would come at a high price ( 25 - 30$ ) and he has no experience in CL or in a title race as a participant.

Vieri: No No No !! I know that he is not the real goal of Cragnotti and neither is Rivaldo. Vieri is too expensiv and Cragnotti knows this. I belive that Cragnotti will talk to Inter but only to find out if there is a possibility to take Frey. It seems like people here belive that Cragnotti is out on an asskissing mission - not true.

There won´t be meetings with Moratti where Cragnotti will go down on hands and knees offering a kingdom for a horse - why would he. Moratti could come to Rome and do the opposite seeing that their way of business doesn´t work at all. Cragnotti has said it - behind every Lazio purchase there is a reason. What reason woul Cragnotti have to swop 3/4 of attacking team for similar players.

Small changes will be made to the team and how do you define a small change ? Would it be a small change to take out Conceciao and replace him with Figo or Beckham .. yes that would be a small change.

Would it be a small change to take out Salas and replace him with Crespo .. yes that would be a small change.

Would it be a small change to swap Veron for Fiore ... No and how could it be.

Would it be a small change to swap Nesta for Thuram and money ... No it wouldn´t.

Replacing certain players can be considered plastic surgery, replacing others is up there with a brain and heart transplant ( in Nestas case it would be a soul transplant ).

I´m not saying that Veron can´t be replaced, I´m saying it´s very hard because he´s the brain of our team and if you have seen reanimator you know it´s a hard thing to replace.

Crespo might come - he might not, I belive that Salas can do the job.

As for a goalie - well if no one wants to sell their goalie we´ll just have to settle with the once we have and keep looking. I can´t see Cragnotti walking over corpses and breaking backs for a new goalie. As a company that´s on the bourse Lazio has responsibilities a) we have to make money to please the owners b) we have to watch our investement.

You guys figure out if Cragnotti can say no or loose 20$ on a player. If Veron was bought for 18£ then he will be sold for 32£ that´s just the way it is.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Lazio President Sergio Cragnotti has already explained that he is not going to change this team ...He will buy only few players and he already bought C.Lopez and Baronio !
These transfers strengthen the team already and also made for the future.It is obvious Lazio will buy a goalkeeper and a great player (like Vieri,Rivaldo etc.)
I am sure Mr.Eriksson knows best what he needs for his team ...
So Cragnotti and Erikkson are not stupid and they will do the best for this team.
There is nothing to worry about it except selling Veron and they already declared they won't sell him...
No more discussions !

S

·
0 Posts
Svennis a great arguement.... some great points!!!!
i totally agree with you esp on the soul transplant
NESTA........Laziale forever..........
great summary
ciao ciao
aliscia
aka Signora NESTA

·
Registered
713 Posts
I agree totally with you! svennis

the winners of lo scudetto + C.Lopez +Baronni = great team
don't look far away we have all that we need to win next years CL , lo scudetto and the cup also

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
All Svennis points sound terribly logic as always and therefore go perfectly as, say, SvenGo analizing. Crag however, could sport a different logic. In my humble opinion Crag cares first and foremost for sucess and power in his own rights or in the team's right, as long as sucess can be directly connected to him also, at least to him also. That could mean:

He took his lesson from the revolt after kicking the people's hero, Signori. For that, the Vieri sale may have been a complete surprise for the genaral public, but maybe a wise move in Crag thinking. It resulted in a lot of money coming in and a decapture of someone who could be dangerous to the solo-power of Crag.

Now with Veron, the situation is pretty similar. Veron just does not shut up, he is an ever rising icon and he clearly shows his power. So why Crag should not actually want to sell him. Kick Veron and Almeyda (another "troublemaker") and get Vieri and Frey/Peruzzi. That would answer the goalie question, it would cut Veron's growing power against Crag and it would boost the stocks, as Vieri is a greater cult-figure than Veron in Italy.

Personally I want a new keeper, as I (as a fan of Luca, his picture is my desktop pic) think he is not only past his ability peak, but also very much past his physical one. I just don't want to see Ballota keep half of the games anymore.

Also personally, I don't want Vieri back, because I perfectly share Svennis' opinion on the matter, even if we seem to be the only ones.

I can see Veron and Almeyda go. And maybe, just maybe, that could turn out as a thing quite good, as individual player power and grouping within a team are dangerous things.

It's always better for a team if players are willing to do anything to just be on the team. And it's always a bad thing for a team when players think the team should be glad of having them.

And It's a particularly bad sign when players tell the public the managers do weak transfer work, etc, etc. Like Veron did. Any strong leader decaptures such individuals at once. And Crag is exactly what is called a strong leader.

In my opinion Crag is searching for a way to lose Veron in a stunt which is a public blast. If he finds this way, Veron is gone overnight.

A

·
0 Posts
Alexx, I think that you are a bit hard against Veron. He hasn't really said so bad things against Cragnotti and Lazio.

We all know that Veron is a fantastic player and Veron is Eriksson's favorite player after Mancini (but he has retired now) so I don't think Eriksson would let Veron go. Eriksson has after the double so much power that he could cancel a transfer. Last season he was promised a new attacker instead of Vieri and Eriksson probably said ok. But no one came instead of Vieri and I don't think Eriksson will let Veron go to see no one come instead (and if Seedorf would come I count him as no one just like I think Eriksson would).

There are rumors about mega transfers between Lazio and Inter, personally I think it's all bullsh!t !
Lazio could maybe trade Almeyda (problems with Eriksson) to get Vieri. I think that Salas won't leave because he has asked Eriksson to be forgiven and he has said he wants to stay at Lazio.

As I see it, Almeyda will leave (for money or as a trade), Boksic will leave to some club (it doesn't really matter I think). Then I think everyone else will stay !

I hope that Lazio could buy Vieri because he is a fantastic player. But for the rest I think that the transfer market is over for Lazio. Not many changes and I think that is very good, because this would mean Eriksson could work with players who knows how Eriksson wants the team to play.

Forza Lazio

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Svennis; Just one question- You said Fiore had expressed a wish to play for Lippi or Capello ? Last week Gazetta carried an interview in which Fiore said that his preferred future teams were Milan and Juve (it was on Italian-soccer as well).
Where did you get the other idea ?

Ciao.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Glen: Football Italia ( official Channel 4 magazine ) Page 66 - 67: Q: is there any particular coach you would like to work with ? A: There are two, Fabio Capello and Marcello Lippi. They have the same incredible charisma. Capello konws how to stimulate and make you move like no other coach. He is one of the coaches who really matters because after a week of training with him you feel something special in your feet and in your head. I like his way of making the rules in a team and how he considers all players as equals.

To me it sounds like Fiore knows Lippi well, which is strange isn´t it ?

About teams he says " how could I say no to Real Madrid "

Fiorentinas Rui Costa is his role model and as all players he likes Maradona and Platini.

If I took the things that he said in this interview out of context, Parma would sound like the last club anyone would want to play for.

Back to the topic: Alexx the things you wrote about Cragnotti are true but his actions last season rules out the possibilities of a dejá vu. Vieri was sold and we where so saved by the midfield this season. Imagine just 3 goals from the midfield and everything changed ( Simeone - Juve and Veron - Chelsea/Roma ).

Eriksson reminded Cragnotti in public during the hard times that Lazio played incredible and created many chances, but that " someone decided to make the scorers go away ". This was a hint that Cragnotti couldn´t look past. Veron may or may not be sold but there won´t be a transfer including Veron - Salas - Almeyda, no way.

Lazio will remain the most technical team in Serie A, we will remain stable on the transfer market no matter how many rumours are spread, we will continue to surprise and dominate Serie A and we will do this with or without the sympathies of the italian media or fans.

To conclude I hope that Lazio will pull out of the transfer market real soon - with 2 new defenders 1 new midfielder and the players that we already bought ( Lopez / Baronio )

I hope that the only players leaving us will be Almeyda, Boksic and De La Pena and I hope that this will send a signal to the media - Lazio are not Inter 2.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Who the hell is Fiore ?
He was just a substitute when he was playing for Parma and he was useless and they gave him to Udinese...
He played well few matches and scored few goals and some guys made him a great footballer !
He is at the first steps for being a star and he has a long way to go..If he can perform well in Euro 2000 he will climb to second step...
But please don't compare him with Veron..Because if you want to discuss him , you can choose Zidane ! , not Fiore...
Playing for Lazio and playing for Udinese are completely different things.

Don't forget that Lazio won Supercoppa Europea,Campionato and Coppa Italia with Veron and Veron won an UEFA cup with Parma..

What did Fiore win ?
Just say he is a good player ! That's enough !

I wish Lazio had Veron last year as well and now we were celebrating the second scudetto !

If Almeyda and Veron leaves, a place for Coppa UEFA next year will be great for us...
Don't forget that...
Forget about selling these 2 players and Nedved...They are unreplaceable for "this team."

·
Registered
555 Posts
Svennis, it's not easy for Lazio to pull out of the transfer market at the moment because actually the rules says that the transfer market isn't opened until the 1st July ... :)

But the clubs don't care anymore, but I am not sure if someone can officially sign the papers and give them to the Italian football federation until the 1st july ... so I think you will have to live with all these rumors some more weeks ... :)

FORZALAZIO !!
http://Laziomania.socceralliance.com

------------------
S.S. LAZIO
CAMPIONE D'ITALIA 1999/2000

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Svennis, I think all depends on the current Crag respect for SvenGo. Now, after everything turned out so well, every wise despot would take a step back and say "My fine general showed everyone and I will back every move fom him...". That gives the situation a strong spin. The brave Perugia squad has made not only Lazio's, but also SvenGo's day and has a major influence on the Crag moves.

Still, there is no trespassing of a huge Crag stunt. He has to do it, apart from wise football tactics alltogether. It can be the buy of Rivaldo (not needed), it can be the buy of Vieri (not needed), it can be the sell of Veron (not needed). I don't see any other possibility, but Crag has to do one HUGE stunt. Maybe he fails, but I'm sure he tries hard to deliver the majot stunt. On my ticket, if the STUNT has to happen, I would have preferred the not needed buy of Rivaldo. But that seems off. Next try is Vieri, but that seems to mean giving up Almeyda, etc. It even seems to mean one of the other reported and completely senseless ways involving Salas, Lopez, Stankovic, Crespo, Angel, etc, pure crazy stuff).

I personally hope very dearly indeed, that all the fantastic titles back up SvenGo so strong, that he can just quietly, but persistently can go his ways and keep Crag from the vanity stunts. Still I'm convinced that Crag at heart wants to get rid of Veron.

Plus, everyone feel free to prove me wrong, Veron was the god of Samp, he was the king of Parma, and he is the prince of Lazio. Not more.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Alexx ,
Why shall i try to prove that you are wrong ? For what ?
I just write what i see...
Veron is a great player , probably the most valuable player in Serie A.
It is not to hard to see that.We can see the results of the 1999-2000 season.
Veron is the man who makes the difference.And who makes us to pass some difficult hurdles...

[This message has been edited by blackeagle (edited 30-05-2000).]

[This message has been edited by blackeagle (edited 30-05-2000).]

A

·
0 Posts
Hi Laziofans. I'd like to say a word of agreeing with svennis' long opinions about Fiore,Veron and other Lazio guys. Personally I think it would be the best for Crag to sell no more players than maybe Almeyda, Boksic and De La Pena. As for different rumours about talking to Inter, I don't know why Peruzzi is much better than our goalie Luca. About the latest problem of finding a real striker - I'd like to see Crespo as a Lazio's central forward together with Salas and Simone Inzaghi. For BlackEagle: dear friend, I'd like to say that you're wrong about Fiore, you dare undervalue his potential abilities,I do believe that his time has come and he will show himself in a much more worthy team than Udinese...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts