Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1-0 and Sporting are down. Goal off a corner kick. Defense nowhere to be seen. The guy could have built a house with the space he had. I could've scored that one. The lack of a strong precense in the defense (can you say Babb?) is going to be the end of Sporting. Let's see what happens.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Things seem to have settled down, but I still can't help getting that same feeling that this team has no focus. The Bentos do OK at kicking the ball around, but I don't see either of them directing anything. Viana is still missed. :(


Why is Hugo playing? Are we so think at defense that with Beto out we are forced to resort to him?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GOL!!!!!!


A nice little touch from Jardel on what was really a loose ball falls to Nicu for the volley. An opportunistic goal, sure, but those are what make the difference. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1-1 at the half. Sporting playing fairly well, but they never seem to really convince me this season. Time for more bourbon.


Yeah, I know I'm talking to myself, but so what? ;) :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Halftime.


Llambchops are marinating in soy sauce. Mmmmmmmm......:drool:


Grill is firing as I type. :lick:


Bourbon is still flowing. :drunk:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GOL!!!!

Jardel scores on a tap in to make it 2-1. Another opportunistic goal, but also the result of Sporting playing some half-decent football. A bit of JVP grit and determination preceded the goal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A sweet save from Nelson keeps teh score 2-1. Beia-Mar had some nice ball possession and nearly turned it into a goal. I thought it was going in. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A sweet save from Nelson keeps teh score 2-1. Beia-Mar had some nice ball possession and nearly turned it into a goal. I thought it was going in. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GOL!!!!!


3-1 Sporting as Tonito scores after coming on only minutes before as a sub. I've only been able to see a couple of Sporting matches in the last month or two and this dude has scored three goals. Wonder why he doesn't play more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
986 Posts
Dae said:
GOL!!!!!


3-1 Sporting as Tonito scores after coming on only minutes before as a sub. I've only been able to see a couple of Sporting matches in the last month or two and this dude has scored three goals. Wonder why he doesn't play more.
Who would you sit for this guy to start. Quaresma? Niculae? Ronaldo is already sitting and he has been great this year.

This sporting team is scaring me again. Any team that goes down one goal and doesn't lose its' composure is always dangerous. Any team that can spot you a goal and still come back with three is very dangerous. Beira-Mar at home is very tought. I don't know how far Benfica will get this year but Sporting looks like the team to beat. Mourinho, IMO, will micromanage Porto to a second-third place finish.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,903 Posts
It seems like we sometimes develops it's bench better than the actualy STARTERS! Ronaldo deserves to get more starts, he's stumped defenses, scored goals, and has been a team player, yah so he's just a rookie, but there's no reason why you can't play a formation with 2 strikers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
england66 said:
Who would you sit for this guy to start. Quaresma? Niculae? Ronaldo is already sitting and he has been great this year.

This sporting team is scaring me again. Any team that goes down one goal and doesn't lose its' composure is always dangerous. Any team that can spot you a goal and still come back with three is very dangerous. Beira-Mar at home is very tought. I don't know how far Benfica will get this year but Sporting looks like the team to beat. Mourinho, IMO, will micromanage Porto to a second-third place finish.

Good point. It almost makes you wonder when JVP will be put aside so these young guys with "mad game" can get some playing time. Same for Niculae, who hasn't really impressed me much since returning from injury.

Perhaps one of those forward/winger types we seem to have an abundance can be used in exchange for a quality centerback. Or a player in the Hugo Viana mold.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Yes, it hurts to see Niculae preforming so poorly since he recovered from his injury. About Jardel, that guy is getting on my nerves, he doesn't work a bit for the team. Boloni should put him on the bench until he changes his attitude.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dude, that's simply Jardel. Whatever team he plays for essentially plays a man down the entire match because the lazy f8cker doesn't do anything. The payoff, however, is he is perhaps the greatest "nose for the goal" scorer this side of Gerd Muller. If he had played all the matches last season (he missed the first few) he may well have scored 50 league goals. :eekani:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,903 Posts
Dae said:
Dude, that's simply Jardel. Whatever team he plays for essentially plays a man down the entire match because the lazy f8cker doesn't do anything. The payoff, however, is he is perhaps the greatest "nose for the goal" scorer this side of Gerd Muller. If he had played all the matches last season (he missed the first few) he may well have scored 50 league goals. :eekani:
That doesn't make him special. He simply waits till the other team is tired out, gets on some running cleets, then finally starts making runs. I wouldn't say that makes him a good goalscorer. It's not how many goals you do score, it's if they really matter to the game's outcome, and if they are classic goals, IMO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. It has nothing to do with "making runs" but rather scoring goals when needed and when you haven't done a damn thing all game. Jardel is a lazy bum, but he scores goals by the boat loads. And they almost always effect teh game's outcome. the guy is a wanker, imo, but he is also an amazing scorer. I've never seen anybody who can do jack sh*t for an entire match, yet score two or three goals in the two or three minutes he actually plays. Jardel is a freak!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,977 Posts
Dae,

Really enjoyed your game summary. Somehow, the fact you were talking to yourself for most of it just seemed to underline your enthusiasm. Good job!

Wasn't able to get to the game myself, but next week's match is of course a sure thing. My Dad, my cousin, (my little nephew who is being corrupted into a Sporting supporter), and me will all be at the Sporting Club.

Jardel, what can I add? You summed him up perfectly. The guy is scum, but he's goal-scoring scum! Last year's game against Benfica summed up his value to the team. Did zip all game, then pulls off that comic dive in the box that the ref goes for! Scores on the penalty. I almost wish he was on someone else's team just so I could hate him. But as long as he performs for us, what the hell!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks, man. :)


I figured I was grilling me some meat, drinking me some bourbon and needed to pump a little life into this joint. If the FM doesn't post then who will? ;)


Maybe as my personal life ends its implosion I will have the energy to post more sh*t. Not for the next few weeks, but maybe later. :)



Jardel is the ass you want on your team, because although he's a wanker and a bugger he is also dangerous as hell in the box. Maybe the best ever at poaching and scoring goals from nothing. Total opportunist who adds nothing to a team aside from 2 goals a game.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,903 Posts
Dae said:
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. It has nothing to do with "making runs" but rather scoring goals when needed and when you haven't done a damn thing all game. Jardel is a lazy bum, but he scores goals by the boat loads. And they almost always effect teh game's outcome. the guy is a wanker, imo, but he is also an amazing scorer. I've never seen anybody who can do jack sh*t for an entire match, yet score two or three goals in the two or three minutes he actually plays. Jardel is a freak!
Um I dont see what's so different between what you said and what I said except the word runs:D . I think if he was more into the game, that he could easily be picked up by a bigger club like he wanted, but because not only is he an *******, but can only score goals, he won't get the chance. The biggest move Jardel might ever make would be to a Spanish team like Valencia or Barcelona, who eventually realize he isn't the greatest team player.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top