Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say before I head off to bed ready for a huge day tomorrow, I've got this feeling about the run chase and all. Something is telling me the Australians are gonna pull off the biggest miracle in the history of cricket and one of the biggest in sport in general and give Steve Waugh the send off he truly deserves.

But knowing how this series has gone, the next post here by me will probably be on the back of Australia being dismissed for 150 and India romping to an almost 300 run win.

Who knows people.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
well steve bucknor and parthiv patel have ensured that india do not win the test .. probably this was the best chance that india had to win a series in Australia .. but ... :rolleyes: :( ....

as someone said, for an umpire to be great, he only has to give people not out .. if an umpire gives a batsman out while he wasnt , people remember it for a long time ... but if he does the opposite, people tend to forget it ... its very easily forgotten that both the decisions were wrong ... like when bucknor gave tendulkar out, there was a lot of hue and cry ... today he gave 3 plumb decisions not out .. but i think they will be forgotten ... doesnt matter whether his decisions were right or wrong ... he did not give the batsman out :mad: ....

to all umpires who prefer giving batsmen not out more often than not :yuck: .....

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Just remember this
While we have countless replays and angles to watch - umpires have to judge in a single glance. How about the poor umpiring that gave countless wickets to Harbhajan the last time these two countries met. Selective memory i guess.
I know its frustrating when decisions dont go in your favour - this happens to Pak also - but its part and the parcel of the game. At the end of the day it was a great test series with breath taking performances from all involved.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Haider said:
Just remember this
While we have countless replays and angles to watch - umpires have to judge in a single glance. How about the poor umpiring that gave countless wickets to Harbhajan the last time these two countries met. Selective memory i guess.
I know its frustrating when decisions dont go in your favour - this happens to Pak also - but its part and the parcel of the game. At the end of the day it was a great test series with breath taking performances from all involved.
To be very frank there wasnt any shocking decisions that went for Harbhajan . The Mc Grath wicket in the calcutta test was the closest to being a wrong decision. In fact the only wrong decision i can remember is Damien Fleming being given not out in calcutta ;) . And i have seen Pakistan in matches where decisions havent really gone their way and in matches where they have been lucky. But at the moment India seems to be having no umpiring luck :( . Read in the papers that Bucknor again gave Symonds not out which looked plumb. Havent seen the appeal so cannot comment as the press can be very biased.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Haider said:
Just remember this
While we have countless replays and angles to watch - umpires have to judge in a single glance.
If we can have countless replays and angles to watch, why cant the umpires too have the same . May be time has come for hawk eye to assist some decisions. Though the reliability of hawk eye is still in question.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts