Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Immediately after Feyenoord's loss aganist FC Utrecht, Leo Beenhakker resiged as coach of Feyenoord.

D

·
0 Posts
Starnge, Beenhaker had only had suffered a few weeks of poor results, when Wouters enedured more over half a season of poor results before he was no longer coach, but he got fired, Beenhakker decid to quit himself, why ddn't he at least just finsh the season with Feyenoord?

·
Registered
319 Posts
There's more to this story than just some bad results. It was no public secret that Leo had been having some serious irritations over half of his players. Their lack if respect and their spirit to fight, drove him to a certain limit. That, together with him losing his magic touch over Julio Ricardo Cruz, made him make this decision....

The Miss

·
Registered
319 Posts
It shouldn't surprise you that I also have my resources in Rotterdam. (sort of...) Let's just say that everyone in the soccerworld knew that Leo had huge arguments with almost everyone in the team. This isn't something just from a day or two. It has been going on for months. What frustrated him probably the most was the players lack of willing to go for it completely. He repeatedly has called them spoiled (remember the Konterman-affair ?) and not straight enough to fight for each other well enough. After last year's win, lots of things have changed in the mentality of the team. Leo was missing their hunger for success...and he wasn't the only one...

I don't know much about Leo and Ajax. I heard he had been approached for some sort of technical job (still to create). But knowing Leo (and knwoing CO), I don't think it's very likely he'll go and do some "charity" thing in the Arena. Next year, the Arena belongs to Co and to no one else...

The Miss

1 - 6 of 6 Posts