Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ASUNCION, May 22 (AFP)

Paraguay Football Association boss Oscar Harrison sprang to the defence of under-fire coach Cesare Maldini claiming the Italian can lead the South Americans to the World Cup semi-finals.
Paraguay's press, boycotted by their national side in the 1998 World Cup, claim Maldini can't even speak Spanish and are pessimistic of his chances of success.

"Of course he can speak Spanish," insisted Harrison, who predicted a last four place from Paraguay, who came third in the South American qualifying group.
"He speaks Spanish perfectly with both players and management," added Harrison.
Maldini also silenced his critics on Friday when Paraguay scored an impressive 2-1 win over fellow World Cup qualifiers Sweden.
Harrison also revealed that the team had ordered 1,880 kilos of prime beef from Australia, Paraguayan cuisine being meat rich while the product is considered an expensive delicacy in Japan.
Their first match will be on June 2 against South Africa in Busan, Japan. Their other Group B rivals are Spain and Slovenia and the squad arrived at a camp at Matsumoto, also in Japan, on Sunday.

:cool::cap::cool:

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
If they make it to the second round, already a very tough ask in itself, they will most likely face Germany or Ireland, then Italy in the quarter finals if they make it through. A very tough ask, but there rock solid defence will help them perhaps.

·
94,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
King Italy said:
If they make it to the second round, already a very tough ask in itself, they will most likely face Germany or Ireland, then Italy in the quarter finals if they make it through. A very tough ask, but there rock solid defence will help them perhaps.
Paraguay its one tough bone to chew..I dont care what the Europeans think..They're in this Cup for Real and I predict that they will go even further than Brazil.... Remember colocolo ;)

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
King Italy said:
A very tough ask, but there rock solid defence will help them perhaps.
who plays in their defence except for gamarra?

i know he's world class, but are the rest of the defenders also so good?

·
94,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tarmpropp said:

who plays in their defence except for gamarra?

i know he's world class, but are the rest of the defenders also so good?
Yep....they're WALL !!! ;)

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
arce and ayala are just as good as gamarra
imo arce is very underated

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Whoah! Chilavert has certainly put on the beef - fat bastard!
Paraguay kind of lost it at the end, but any team with a player called Cheeky Arse has got to go far! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts