Xtratime Community banner

Becks

341 views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Russell 
#1 ·
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IS HE PLAYING AT WORLD CUP??

#2 ·
Well its doubtful, the injury will take anything from 5-8 weeks to get better, so he could make the last group match but wont be fully fit, so the question is does Sven Gordan take an unfit Beckham to the World Cup? He's definately out for the Champions League final (if we get there).:boxing: I'll get that Duscher!

#3 ·
I have been in a bad mood ever since i have found out that Becks was injured this badly...

I always disliked that Duscher but after seeing that tackle on Becks, now i hate him with all my heart

Yesturday i was in tears as news of my favourite players' broken foot came in...

He will miss the last remaining 5 weeks of the EPL, the Champions league semi's and possible final and maybe now even the WC!

SUCH A SHOCK!

My condolenced go to him and i hope he gets Better, Very Soon! (At least for the WC!)

#4 ·
I don't see why my fellow Manchester United supporters are so concerned about him missing the world cup when the fact is that we are losing Beckham for the most important stage of our season. He is a United player first and an England player second.
United have been forgotten in all this!!

#5 ·
He is a United player first and an England player second.
Well the reason why Beckham has been on the news every hour is because more people are concerned about England then Manchester UTD. They even had Beck's family on T.V earlier saying it was a massive blow for the lad.

I'm not sure..i think the world cup is more important then a second place in the EPL and the CL, i'm sure Beckham also thinks this. You might not agree but its just what i think. ALso the Wc is the greatest tournament in the world who would want to miss it? i mean next WC Beckham will be what 30-31?

#6 ·
I admit that my motives are selfish, I'm not English therefore United are my first priority. Its just frustrating because I believe that we have a real chance of winning the champions league and to lose Beckham (and more importantly Keane) just as we've put in two brilliant displays against Deportivo is depressing. If those two were available I reckon we would defeat Leverkusen fairly easily now it will be a bit more difficult. The reason that i'm not too concerned about Beckham and the WC is that I think he will make it whereas his season for United is definately finished.

#7 ·
Keane is God said:
I don't see why my fellow Manchester United supporters are so concerned about him missing the world cup when the fact is that we are losing Beckham for the most important stage of our season. He is a United player first and an England player second.
United have been forgotten in all this!!
Agreed, 100%.

F@ck England.

It's United who pay his wages and while I am, as an England fan, disappointed that he might miss the WC, my first and prior concern is him missing the remainder of our season!!

ONE LOVE - MUFC

#8 ·
What were u guys thinking? its not important at this moment about the best priority...you seems selfish. The more important thing is lets hope Becks recover soon enough and will continue 'serving' us with his remarkable talent on the pitch. I heard he will take 'only' 6 weeks to get better instead of 8 weeks that people were predicted of.

#9 ·
English press have gone over the top with Beckham's injury. On the front of the Sun newspaper, is a massive picture of Beckham's F*ck up foot, it is disgusting. And then it says 'Lay you hands on David's foot at noon and make it better!'
And then they have the Page 3 girl on crutches withe her left foot plastered with the Englandshorts and socks on, with her foot on the World Cup ball!

#10 ·
Well...that was the sun and who reads that? apart from dirty old men and people with the brain capacity of a rock.

Non the less Beck's foot is a BIG issue, if it wasnt no one would talk about it. I would prefer this to be in the media once i week so i know the progress.

but remember he has next year to win:-

the Champions leage
and the EPL

where as how many oppurtunities does a player have to go to the WC, only a hand ful me thinks :depress:

so which is more important to him? captaincy of England or playing for Manchester for a EPL already lost and a CL which we can win next year thats IF we fail this year.

Just my thoughts.

#11 ·
so which is more important to him? captaincy of England or playing for Manchester for a EPL already lost and a CL which we can win next year thats IF we fail this year.
Imagine how Becks will be feeling IF we managed to lift the trophy over at Hampden while he was just sitting home and watching it on telly?

A player simply cannot distinguish between his priorities in such a situation.I am sure Becks feels equally gutted for missing United's season ending charge as he does for missing the starting of the WC.Its the dream of every player to win as many trophies as possible and Becks is no different.Its such a pity for United that we'll be missing one of our most crucial players for the season ending run-in.:depress:

#12 ·
Imagine how Becks will be feeling IF we managed to lift the trophy over at Hampden while he was just sitting home and watching it on telly?
True but what i mean is he always has next year to win the CL, he doesn't the WC.

I really do feel that he'd rather to go to the greatest tournament in the World and represent England against some of the best teams/players in the world.

Not only that i feel that Manchester united can handle without Beckham better than England.

Everyone seems to have forgotten about Keane herem i dont see many threads about him. :depress:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.