Xtratime Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this has already been discussed or not but I watched Duscher's tackle in slow motion a few times now and he only hit Beckham over his RIGHT foot. And if I'm not completely out of it I think Beckham injured his LEFT foot. You could also see the left foot taking a strange angle on the step right BEFORE the tackle.

So my question is. Have this been mentioned at all in England? Or are you just looking for scapegoats?

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
The tackle was a rather bit lungeful, I think the pressure gathered by the momentum of the tackle broke it.

Please tell me that you are not trying to say he would have broken it anyway if the dirty Argy hadn't made the tackle!

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sure looked like the tackle wasn't the direct cause of the injury, no. What do you want me to say? To lie and say that of course it was his fault when it's obvious that it wasn't?

G

·
I don't know if this has already been discussed or not but I watched Duscher's tackle in slow motion a few times now and he only hit Beckham over his RIGHT foot. And if I'm not completely out of it I think Beckham injured his LEFT foot. You could also see the left foot taking a strange angle on the step right BEFORE the tackle.

So my question is. Have this been mentioned at all in England? Or are you just looking for scapegoats?
The doctors said that they think Beckham broke one of the bones in his feet when he connected with the ground.

Beckham landed funny due to Duscher's tackle, imagine Duscher never went in for the tackle, would Beckham have suddenly jump in the air over the ball and landed funny...breaking a bone? No, of course not.....SO IT WAS DUSCHER'S FAULT.

I hope your not disputing the fact that Duscher went in with his studs showing.

·
Registered
150 Posts
To add in the big conspiracy theroy

He was from Argentina and all know how important Beckham is for the english national team. Argentina and England are in the same group Voila there you have the conspiracy theory that he made it to increase the chances for Argentina to win the match and the group.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: To add in the big conspiracy theroy

Matte said:
He was from Argentina and all know how important Beckham is for the english national team. Argentina and England are in the same group Voila there you have the conspiracy theory that he made it to increase the chances for Argentina to win the match and the group.
Conspiracy THEORY, yes. The Premier League is full of reckless tackles like that anyway so it could have happened anytime. Especially against Leeds... :D

·
International
9,526 Posts
Re: Re: To add in the big conspiracy theroy

VERDI said:

Conspiracy THEORY, yes. The Premier League is full of reckless tackles like that anyway so it could have happened anytime. Especially against Leeds... :D

the conspiracy theories regarding Duscher being an argie, and a plan to nobble Becks, were ofcourse pure bosh. HOwever, this rubbish you're coming up with, that Duscher shouldn't shoulder any responsibility for the tackle, is bosh as well.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Fred Elliot said:

the conspiracy theories regarding Duscher being an argie, and a plan to nobble Becks, were ofcourse pure bosh. HOwever, this rubbish you're coming up with, that Duscher shouldn't shoulder any responsibility for the tackle, is bosh as well.
Of course is a conspiracy crap, but it´s a bit strange that it´s the left foot...:rolleyes:
And i saw harder fouls in premier league and the butchers dindn´t ever receive a yellow card, so i can´t really understand upset in england!:tongue: :D

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
um the conspiracy theory is clearly bull**** and for proof all you had to do was watch the Barca v Depor game and see Duscher's challenge on Saviola...

to answer the question put by Verdi in more depth the reaction here in Great Britain has been nothing short of stupid.
Being Welsh it never really bothered me that much but what I could do was have a objective view on the matter.

Tabloid papers were showing a picture of Becks foot and telling the nation to put their hands on it to make it heel (with all fairness that was the pathetic Sun)...

Duscher was villified and the tackle was made over and over BUT it was pointed out in certain areas that Beckham sustained the injury before contact was made (the one I remember most was a radio show with an English guy, Spaniard and Italian... really good show)... but it was not common knowledge.

Duscher was forced to appologise after his initial comments were taken out of context incidently...

To Beckham's credit he accepted the apology without malace and a mixture of this and the fact that it was old news meant that the villification of Duscher was laid to rest...

BUT if he comes back to play against an English team I would not be suprised if he was booed all game

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
DeJackal said:

The doctors said that they think Beckham broke one of the bones in his feet when he connected with the ground.

Beckham landed funny due to Duscher's tackle, imagine Duscher never went in for the tackle, would Beckham have suddenly jump in the air over the ball and landed funny...breaking a bone? No, of course not.....SO IT WAS DUSCHER'S FAULT.
Funny though that Pires was injured the same way, because of a bad landing. Why isn't there any fuss about the guy who caused Pires' injury then??

Duscher has never been sent off playing for Deportivo before. Neither has he got the awful booking records of some Premiership players- Danny Mills, Tomas Repka, Patrick Vieira and Craig Short are all worse, receiving loads of cards. Hierro is a very dirty player, has 17 yellow cards this season and should have even more for his reckless tackles. BUT, they are not villains because they haven't injured the most popular player of all England by a bad landing!

G

·
bailemos said:

Funny though that Pires was injured the same way, because of a bad landing. Why isn't there any fuss about the guy who caused Pires' injury then??

Duscher has never been sent off playing for Deportivo before. Neither has he got the awful booking records of some Premiership players- Danny Mills, Tomas Repka, Patrick Vieira and Craig Short are all worse, receiving loads of cards. Hierro is a very dirty player, has 17 yellow cards this season and should have even more for his reckless tackles. BUT, they are not villains because they haven't injured the most popular player of all England by a bad landing!
Is that a Joke? Duscher came in with his stoods showing and Beckham landed face down. The Pires tackle was completely different, their was less contact (if any) and Pires landed on his two feet.

Spanish supporters are wierd people indeed :dazed:, condoning Duscher's tackle just because he plays for Depor. Just imagine if Roy Keane did the same thing to Raul, I'm sure there would be a huge fuss coursed in Spain since that he is the only decent player they've got.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
DeJackal said:

Is that a Joke? Duscher came in with his stoods showing and Beckham landed face down. The Pires tackle was completely different, their was less contact (if any) and Pires landed on his two feet.
I agree that it was Duscher's fault indeed but players make that sort of tackles all the time, this one was an unlucky one with a bad landing.

BTW, which team will you support next week: Argentina, or maybe Germany?:D

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
He didn't mean to break his foot, becks would have been targetted for tough treatment but would depor risk getting one of their players a red card over 2 foreign countries in the same WC group? No.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts