Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am surprised that he even plays for England. After the treatment he has recieved in the English media and at stadiums all over England (except Old Trafford). Such personal harrasment I don't think any player of football has recieved ever. I guess at the top of the harrasment Beckham was lucky to still be alive - people sending him death threats - it only takes one mad man to make it serious.
So I have thought since then that England really didn't deserve him. He's truly the best footballer in the English team and without him England are quite ordinary.

So not being an England fan it makes me happy that Beckham was the matchwinner today!

Well done, Beckham.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
You'd think by the way your talking Beckham is a one man army, how did we possibly manage to beat paraquay 4-0 ?

:D

He's truly the best footballer in the English team and without him England are quite ordinary.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He is.

Remember when he gave the English fans the long finger? Remember what harrasment he recieved? I remember some of the headlines "Hope your son dies of cancer and your wife dies"

Beckham will shine even more when he's totally fit. Well deserved. But do the English people deserve him after the way he's been treated? I don't think so.

Beckham - a unique human on and off the field.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
i used to hate Beckham, but as soon as i saw the reaction he got after the WC98 game, i felt really sorry for him and eventually grew to like him both as a player and a person. To come back from what he went through, to become a better player even says alot for his strenght of character...."cometh the hour..." and all that!

Also its nothing to do with football, but he is a positive role model for kids to look up to, and theres not many of them about these days!

·
International
9,526 Posts
Magic#10 said:
He is.

But do the English people deserve him after the way he's been treated? I don't think so.

Beckham - a unique human on and off the field.
Give it up. The Man Utd fans, to a man, stuck by Beckham thick and thin. Yeah, some idiots in England used the antics during 98 to get stuck into him and United as a whole, but the true fans stood by him. Stop lumping the English altogether whenever you want to have a go at a certain section of the media represented public.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I don't like it either when those foreigners pretend to know a lot about England while their only source of information is the websites of the tabloids.:rolleyes:

I think there are quite a lot of people out there who believe those tabloid craps.:D

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
England and Beckham deserve each other.

Not sure this is a compliment though. ;) :D

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Leslie Santos said:
I don't like it either when those foreigners pretend to know a lot about England while their only source of information is the websites of the tabloids.:rolleyes:

I think there are quite a lot of people out there who believe those tabloid craps.:D
DOH! I have been to several matches where Man Utd have played away from home after the 1998 WC. Having seen big posters where people attack Beckham's family and the anti-Beckham songs...
The guys I went there with said it was normal behaviour from the home team fans against Beckham.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts